It is currently Wed May 01, 2024 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Tiny suspended......
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:21 am 

pizza_Place: Home Run Inn
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/1477-wmvp-am-suspends-harry-teinowitz-for-dui-incident

I don't know if you guys saw this part but Tiny will be back Monday. So the lesson here is if you bleed ESPN even a DUI can't get you canned. Having said that, one more slip up and Harry is done....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
eddie wrote:
http://chicagoradioandmedia.com/news/1477-wmvp-am-suspends-harry-teinowitz-for-dui-incident

I don't know if you guys saw this part but Tiny will be back Monday. So the lesson here is if you bleed ESPN even a DUI can't get you canned. Having said that, one more slip up and Harry is done....

Mac! Speak on dis' injustice!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
eddie wrote:

Best part of that tidbit is that it says Harry apologized on air. I don't like the guy, and I don't listen to that show because of him. But it's nice to see him apologize, and if it changes his behavior, then I've got no further issue with this incident. If he doesn't learn from it, then fire away.....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:30 am 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
A guy that continues to use his status as a Chicago Radio host to get blitzed all over the city and suburbs and than get in a car and drive himself home should be fired. I have seen Tiny hammered with my own eyes. He is using his job to support his lack of self esteem.

I'd say he would have done a fine job of over-indulging in all different parts of the city without his job, wouldn't you agree? I also assume you'd agree (from your our personal experience with him plus other tales) that he may, in fact, have a drinking problem. If that's the case, it has nothing to do with his job as a radio host. It's his own internal problem that would be present regardless of the job he holds.

If ESPN wanted to use this as reason for termination, I would would completely understand that from their point of view. But I don't see how a person's drinking problem/DUI should "automatically" be grounds for termination from that position. They are two separate issues. That's why I don't get the outcry from some people on here over the severity of the penalty his employer chose.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Well here is my take... for every 1 person that likes harry..there are 5 who really do not like this loser. you can count me as part of the 5..so when someone is clearly bad at their job and pisses his pants in the white sox dugout , the 5 are going to pile on and hope this slob gets taken off the airwaves.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:40 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
I'd say ESPN should make Harry go to treatment, but treatment is useless if a)you don't think you have a problem, or b)you don't want to stop drinking.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:42 am 

312player wrote:
Well here is my take... for every 1 person that likes harry..there are 5 who really do not like this loser. you can count me as part of the 5..so when someone is clearly bad at their job and pisses his pants in the white sox dugout , the 5 are going to pile on and hope this slob gets taken off the airwaves.

I think this is a more honest assesment of what people are really saying here. Has nothing to do with "HE SHOULD BE FIRED FROM HIS JOB BECAUSE HE GOT A DUI!!!" and more to do with "I just don't like Harry".

Good job, mult.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
I agree with Spanky.

Harry may be a bad radio host to most people, but getting a DUI is not related to his job in any way (technically). Sure, if he was showing up to work drunk that would be different, but he still wouldn't be fired because of the DUI per say.

If people don't like Harry, that's one thing. Pushing to have him fired because of a poor personal decision is a whole different ballgame.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm 

no multiple name here...but anyway harry is an unlikeable slob, he is not funny at all. every show he is on, his partners have to give him courtesy laughs. harry = bad radio..and he is a homer .. it all makes for a bad host ,who most people can not listen to. you may think of it as kicking a guy when he is down? i see it as nobody listens to the afternoon saloon because of harry, nobody has had anything to say about the show or harry until this run in with the law.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
Ugueth Will Shiv You wrote:
I agree with Spanky.

Harry may be a bad radio host to most people, but getting a DUI is not related to his job in any way (technically). Sure, if he was showing up to work drunk that would be different, but he still wouldn't be fired because of the DUI per say.

If people don't like Harry, that's one thing. Pushing to have him fired because of a poor personal decision is a whole different ballgame.

It's not related to how he performs his job, but it brought terrible attention to the company. Unless of course you are in the "all news is good news" corner.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:50 pm 

Yep, I agree with Spany too. :D

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
Bucky Chris wrote:
It's not related to how he performs his job, but it brought terrible attention to the company. Unless of course you are in the "all news is good news" corner.

That may be true, but that would then boil down to the company's code of ethics or code of personal conduct, if there is such a thing.

Are we sure if ESPN has a zero tolerence policy?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:57 pm 

Bucky Chris wrote:

Like I said, if ESPN thought it made them looked bad and wanted to discipline/terminate him - by all means taht is their right.

But it strange for me to see outsiders like us say "blood on the hands of ESPN" and "their fault because of the slap on the wrist", etc. That's something completely different. There is no obligation on their part other than any they give themselves.
Hawg Ass wrote:
Yep, I agree with Spany too. :D

You............

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:00 pm 

Isn't it possible that people want Harry fired because they think there should be repercussions for someone who has an observed history of drinking heavily and driving?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:02 pm 

possible, but unlikely.. if he were well liked.. people would chalk it up as " hey who amongst us has not drove after being over served" but he is not well liked

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:04 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Isn't it possible that people want Harry fired because they think there should be repercussions for someone who has an observed history of drinking heavily and driving?

Isn't it possible that that is a police/legal sytem issue?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm 

people would be calling for loho's head if it happened to him.. loho not well liked either

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:09 pm 

spanky wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Isn't it possible that that is a police/legal sytem issue?
That's part of it, but for someone as rich as Harry the legal system will be nothing but a slap on the wrist. I think those who want Harry fired would like to see him actually have a punishment that matters.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
312player wrote:
people would be calling for loho's head if it happened to him.. loho not well liked either

:lol: :lol: No cop is brave enough to give SHAKE THAT a ticket let alone a DUI. He could drive his car into a police cruiser while drunk and the cops would take one look at him and back the fuck off.

Last edited by Hank Scorpio on Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:12 pm 

i would be real cool with no community service, lose license for 48 hours and can not touch a microphone for 10 years

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
312player wrote:
i would be real cool with no community service, lose license for 48 hours and can not touch a microphone for 10 years

I think the best thing for this elitist fuck is to pick up garbage on the side of the highway.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:20 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
If Goff worked at ESPN I'd want Harry fired so Goff could take his place. Don't feel strongly enough about Huebner, Hood, or Dickerson to want Harry fired.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Their abortion of an afternoon show immediately becomes better with Harry being replaced by anyone....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
It's his second alcohol related incident in a year that we know of. He is saying the right things but what's he gonna say? I do this at least once a week or have done this a thousand times I can't believe I got caught. He's gonna say I'm sorry and suck up to people. I don't think there is much that would get him to change short of losing everything or seriously injuring somebody. And everybody writes it off as Harry just being Harry. I kind of wonder what he'll do at events and stuff now.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Spaulding wrote:
I kind of wonder what he'll do at events and stuff now.

I'm mildly disappointed he was suspended for the rest of the week. I was intrigued enough by this to want to stop at Nellies after work tomorrow for their remote. Now that he's not going to be there, I'm going back to pretending the show isn't on the air.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:02 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Krazy Ivan wrote:
Their abortion of an afternoon show immediately becomes better with Harry being replaced by anyone....

It also gets better if they take him off the air and replace him with nobody

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Very true. I would at least listen to a podcast of DeFalco and Jurk....

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:35 pm 
If enough people from the board really cared about changing Tiny's behavior it would be pretty easy. Enough of us go to remotes. If Harry decides to get wasted and the goes to drive home, simply ask if he is taking a cab because he's obviously been over served. If you get a reaction like WR did, the next statement is really easy. "Harry, this is a cell phone. And this is what I'm using to call the cops if you get behind the wheel. Your choice" Either his drunk ass isn't driving home, or he's getting another DUI. Even Harry isn't that stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:03 pm 

huh? nobody gives a shit about tenowitz.. just want him off the air because he sucks at his job.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:26 pm 

pizza_Place: grimaldis
" Oh Fatha, i need you help Fatha. I got arrested for dui Fatha. Please call jerry reinsdorf and make sure i don't lose my radio job, please Fatha. and make sure i don't have to go to rehab ok Fatha. after this blows over i can go back to doing shots 4 times a week and maybe i can borrow your limo and driver ok Fatha? "