It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Harry to Rehab
PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:25 pm 

hey rehab, harry.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
I think Im on self detox til Wrestlemania myself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:02 pm 

Still needs to be fired.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:30 pm 

This thread is chock-full-o :roll: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
spanky wrote:
This thread is chock-full-o :roll: :roll:

Which parts?

And since when did Harry need a spokesman? Christ all he does is talk. NOW you have a spokesman.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:57 pm 

pizza_Place: *
man of few opinions wrote:
actually, the tour goes very well with a nice glass of wine.

the only thing that goes well with wine is Pussy!

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:59 pm 

1. If an FM disc-jockey/shock-jock gets a DUI, how many people are demanding he be fired? He talks about his sports opinions on the radio.....

2. Does it really matter what the reason is that someone enters rehab? If it works for them, great! The reason doesn't matter - they bettered themselves. If not, then........so? Unless it is your family/friend/loved one/you, why is anybody so damned passionate about it?

The whole thing seems awfully judgemental...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:01 am 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
badrogue17 wrote:
I dont know, kind of reeks of I know I have to do this to keep my job but I dont think I have a problem syndrome.

Wouldn't you do it to keep your job?

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:37 am 
1000 CLUB

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
good for him. i am glad he took this important step. i look forward to hearing him back on the airwaves again soon.

I'm glad he's finally getting help as well, but not even his family is looking forward to hearing him on the airwaves again.

Someone also needs to punch him in the dick for that smirk he is giving in the mugshot.

LOL, the smirk us pretty funny 'u have to be kidding me - get me the damned mayor!'

My tequila shot is half full - it's gonna be very difficult for him but I wish Harry the best of luck. He should donut for himself first, his kids/wife second - and his livelihood last. Fuck all the backslapping bar lizards that want to buy him a shot that are gonna be disappointed.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:40 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Must be the bleeding heart defense attorney in me, but the guy fucks up, wants some help...so I say GIVE THE GUY A FUCKING CHANCE...A BREAK...The same break everyone here would want when they are not singing in the Church choir.
And before anybody thinks I'm too bleeding heart, I was at the top of the list last year saying showing up shitfaced in the Sox Clubhouse and getting tossed was plain stupid and a job threatening caper.

WOO LIFE!!!!

Last edited by Aggravated Sox Fan Bob on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:43 am 

Doing what one has to do to save a job is a SMART thing in this economy....and I sure am not going to second guess Harry's sincerity in going to rehab.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:35 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
spanky wrote:
1. If an FM disc-jockey/shock-jock gets a DUI, how many people are demanding he be fired? He talks about his sports opinions on the radio.....

2. Does it really matter what the reason is that someone enters rehab? If it works for them, great! The reason doesn't matter - they bettered themselves. If not, then........so? Unless it is your family/friend/loved one/you, why is anybody so damned passionate about it?

can only speak for myself..harry is very bad at his job, awful voice , non stop bad unfunny jokes. he is a homer.. he is annoying as hell. he is a spoiled petulant bitch. there are not many sports related options on radio, he is taking taking up valuable space.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:52 am 

312player wrote:
spanky wrote:

can only speak for myself..harry is very bad at his job, awful voice , non stop bad unfunny jokes. he is a homer.. he is annoying as hell. he is a spoiled petulant bitch. there are not many sports related options on radio, he is taking taking up valuable space.

There is plenty of room for an annoying homer....Sports Radio is not rocket science...it is entertainment. The obvious tension between Mac and Harry was fun radio.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:59 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 6 characters
spanky wrote:

Completely agree.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
This is like when an athlete finds god! After he slept with a few women, not being his wife.

To think he is doing this to "get better" is just naive. His primary goal with this is a legal strategy.

Doesn't mean he can't stop drinking, but why does it take getting stopped to see a problem exists? The other drinking issues didnt raise the red flag?

This is just being done in advance of his court date. Maybe he can be cured by the 23rd?

So No more Beer for Harry? Who will be sponsored by Beer and Tequilla companies at events?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:07 am 

If somebody does not like his on air persona, fine....I just don't want to see a bunch of holier than thou types condemning this guy on a personal level.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:11 am 

Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
312player wrote:
spanky wrote:

i stopped listening to the mjh show years ago, harry was unbearable. the constant bad jokes and the uncomfortable courtesy laughs by jurko n mac were equally bad. if it was just mack n jurko i would still be listening..3 is a crowd..does not work . and i don't want to ever hear an opinion on anything from a homer..no cred
There is plenty of room for an annoying homer....Sports Radio is not rocket science...it is entertainment. The obvious tension between Mac and Harry was fun radio.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:12 am 

bigfan wrote:
This is like when an athlete finds god! After he slept with a few women, not being his wife.

To think he is doing this to "get better" is just naive. His primary goal with this is a legal strategy.

Doesn't mean he can't stop drinking, but why does it take getting stopped to see a problem exists? The other drinking issues didnt raise the red flag?

This is just being done in advance of his court date. Maybe he can be cured by the 23rd?

So No more Beer for Harry? Who will be sponsored by Beer and Tequilla companies at events?

What in the hell is wrong with you today?
You know a zillion lawyers....The defense attorney is not going to tell the client to keep fucking up so they throw the book at his ass!!!!!
Go out and catch two or three more DUIs before the Court Date...throw in some herb!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:15 am 

bigfan wrote:

Why in the fuck should Harry do anything differently than ANYONE ELSE IN HIS LEGAL SITUATION?
Should he tell the State to just fuck him over because he is on the fucking radio?

Is Harry now a ROLE MODEL????
OH MY FUCKING GOD, HARRY LET THE WORLD DOWN!!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:18 am 

Spaulding wrote:
unless you are close to him personally somehow, how are you able to make that judgement about him?

I could be completely wrong. Just an opinion from what I've obsereved or based on things he has said. Unless you are close to him how would you know that his rehab is really because he wants to change? We don't know anything for sure. If he is serious I wish him luck but I don't get the feeling he is. I think this is it for his chances though, it's his last one from ESPN, I'm guessing.

i dont have any idea if he really wants to change or why he is in rehab. its a moot point. im just glad he is getting help. i dont agree with criticizing the reason why he is in rehab. getting substance dependent people into rehab is often very difficult.

Excellent point....but we have the hypocrites beating on the guy because they don't like his personality on the air....the Holier Than Thou types are total fucking clowns.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:22 am 

oh i completely agree with the strategy of rehab, common sense tells you @ court ..my client is taking steps to deal with the problem looks better than nothing. harry will get a slap on the wrist and be back to telling bad jokes in a month. but he will relapse..pretty much everyone does. i see you like harry and enjoy his bad jokes and homerism, but for everyone of you there are 4 or 5 more like me who do not like this turd. as far as holier than thou? nah never would claim such a thing..i have fucked up plenty in my life..not in a long time though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:34 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Let the record show that I wanted Harry fired long before the DUI thing. I just think he sucks on the radio. I'd rather listen to Murph talk about the 69 Cubs.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:35 am 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I'm not condemning him, beating on him, nor am I passionate about this.

It's a moot point why he is going to rehab but if he is not going with the intention of actually changing, rehab itself will also be moot. I hope it does change him because I think he does have an issue.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:42 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
so very classy of the tribune to mention Mac in the article...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:59 am 

Spaulding wrote:

It's a moot point why he is going to rehab but if he is not going with the intention of actually changing, rehab itself will also be moot. I hope it does change him because I think he does have an issue.

You can be damned sure that a guy appearing in the Skokie Courthouse, The Mall of Justice, charged with DUI and some herb, is NOT a case of first impression on the North Shore!!!!!!! 8)

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:00 am 

I don't know if Harry is going to FLUNK rehab.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:05 am 

312player wrote:
oh i completely agree with the strategy of rehab, common sense tells you @ court ..my client is taking steps to deal with the problem looks better than nothing. harry will get a slap on the wrist and be back to telling bad jokes in a month. but he will relapse..pretty much everyone does. i see you like harry and enjoy his bad jokes and homerism, but for everyone of you there are 4 or 5 more like me who do not like this turd. as far as holier than thou? nah never would claim such a thing..i have fucked up plenty in my life..not in a long time though.

I like Harry personally and hope this all works out.
As far as his homerism goes, as a Sox fan I always enjoyed him being the absolute Cubbie Fan stereotype that we love to ridicule....There is nothing better than a middle aged guy telling a radio audience how cool it when a Cub player waves at him!!!!!!! :lol:

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:08 am 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Spaulding wrote:

Actually his motivation for entering rehab is not moot...it's critical to his success. If he's doing it for any other reason than a strong personal desire to change then he is wasting everyone's time. The facts are that most people dealing with this type of addiction will relapse. Just going through the motions has almost no chance of success. I wish him the best though.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I'm glad he's trying to get help.

But I agree with boyd. He shouldn't be fired for this. He should be fired for sucking at his job.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:22 am 

Free Ajent wrote:
bosco wrote:
Watching sports + Alcohol = match.

only if you choose it to be. you can enjoy a lot of sports without alcohol.

Like the Tour de France?

actually, the tour goes very well with a nice glass of wine.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MOFO is the goods. Officially in my top 5 posters.

Well done sir

Maybe this will be what gets them to change the name from afternoon saloon.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 96 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next