It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 7:47 am 

W_Z wrote:
elmhurst steve does put a lot of effort into his calls. it's just that they're kind of bland.
No, he doesn't. Just last week he told me that he spends at most 10 minutes total on them.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:08 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Steve,
if what I read was true, that was the worst phone call ever. Did you also let 'dem know dat da bears will play d'air best football against da packers this season because of the NFC Championship revenge factor?

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:09 am 

I predict a Steve call today telling the world that the Heat are very good.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:10 am 

Douchebag wrote:
I predict a Steve call today telling the world that the Heat are very good.
He has to prove to himself he's not a coward by calling a radio show. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:12 am 

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Steve,
if what I read was true, that was the worst phone call ever. Did you also let 'dem know dat da bears will play d'air best football against da packers this season because of the NFC Championship revenge factor?

Actually, the Bears played pretty much their WORST football (on offense) against the Packers this past season. In the 3 games vs the Pack, Cutlers QB ratings were 31.8 38 and 43. He should have lost all 3 but the Packers had 18 penalties in the first regular season game vs the Pack and had 2 touchdowns called back bacause of penalties. In the NFC Championship, the Packers were without their best TE and RB and still proved to be superior. With all the players they will get back from injuries, the Packers should be even better in 2012. I doubt the Bears will win even half their games in 2012.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:23 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Actually, the Bears played pretty much their WORST football (on offense) against the Packers this past season. In the 3 games vs the Pack, Cutlers QB ratings were 31.8 38 and 43. He should have lost all 3 but the Packers had 18 penalties in the first regular season game vs the Pack and had 2 touchdowns called back bacause of penalties. In the NFC Championship, the Packers were without their best TE and RB and still proved to be superior.

ACTUALLY, WR was talking about next year :lol: :lol:

This is why your calls suck. Are they factual? Generally, yeah I guess so. But anybody can call into a show and read the stat sheet from a website/newspaper. Your calls are boring and bland. I don't know what Mac sees in them. I know he appreciates regular listeners and callers, but I can probably count on one hand the number of solid points you have made on the air yet you call in multiple times a week. Sometimes with the same tired point/joke to the multiple shows on the same day or during the same week (Fort Knox).

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:36 am 

I know that he was referring to next year. I think that the fact that Cutler struggled so much vs the Packers in 2011 and that even in the game the Bears won, that he was fortunate to have had an interception negated by a penalty and 2 Packers touchdowns called back due to two of the 18 Packer penalties that day is supportive of the opinion that the Packers thoroughly outplayed the Bears in 2011. With the Packers returning a BETTER lineup than they defeated the Bears with in the NFC Championship game, there is no reason to conclude things should go better vs the Pack in 2012. Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant were 2 key losses that will be back in 2012 and should make it significantly more difficult to turn things around from 2011.... Even if Cutler should play significantly better vs the Packers than he did in the 3 meetings he sucked vs them in 2011.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 9:39 am 
100000 CLUB

So....you're saying the Bears offense needs to play better in order to beat the Packers. I wish I were as smart as you. :lol:

Keep in mind, Mr. radio caller genius, that the Bears defense held the potent Packers offense to a mere 14 points in the NFC title game.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 10:18 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
So....you're saying the Bears offense needs to play better in order to beat the Packers. I wish I were as smart as you. :lol:

Keep in mind, Mr. radio caller genius, that the Bears defense held the potent Packers offense to a mere 14 points in the NFC title game.

What I'm saying....is that the Bears offense was not only awful at times vs the Packers, but awful consistently. Cutler SUCKED against the Packers in 2011 and I don't see a lot of hope for that trend to take a turn for the better anytime soon. You put Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant in that game (as well as about 12 other starters that were placed on IR during the season) and I doubt the Bears defense could hold defend against that offense as effectively. But it's the Bears offense (specifically Cutlers QB rating in the 3 games vs the Pack in 2011) that gives me the most evidence to suggest they will struggle greatly in 2012 vs the Pack.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:12 am 
100000 CLUB

Once again, captain obvious to the rescue.

The Packers are getting starters back from injury, and the Bears offense was not good against the Pack last year.

Wow. Dy-no-mite insight there. Really. I will say again that I wish I were as smart and/or insightful as you when it comes to sports thoughts dude. I mean really.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 9:20 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
You put Jermichael Finley and Ryan Grant in that game (as well as about 12 other starters that were placed on IR during the season) and I doubt the Bears defense could hold defend against that offense as effectively.

I doubt any defense could hold up against an offense with 25 guys on the field.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:48 am 
100000 CLUB

Another great call into Mac's show just now Steve!

Paraphrasing: The Bulls will be good for a long time to come because Gibson and Noah are young, have gotten a lot better this year, and show a lot of promise.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I bet you stayed up all night thinking of that one!

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:29 pm 

Callers earlier in the show were opining that the Bulls might never reach Championship level. What with Boozer's contract taking up a big chunk of cap space without getting the production from him that was expected. So I called in response to say that with guys like Taj Gibson emerging as a solid player with considerable upside, as well as Omar Asik (who already is a solid defender/rebounder-now they need to make him a better offensive player-he has good hands, so that should not be an impossible task) they have 2 young guys to build with. In addition, Jokim Noah was showing a much improved shooting ability early in the season, before he hurt his thumb. If he can establish himself as even a moderate threat shooting the ball, it will change the way teams defend the pick and roll, where they basically just give Noah the shot now. there are several players that can reasonably be expected to improve and help the Bulls to contend. My call was to dispute the idea that the Bulls relative ineptitude in the series vs Miami was a sign that they are not a team that will be able to reach Championship status in the next several years to come.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:21 am 
100000 CLUB

That's great steve.

It was an obvious point. One that many different hosts on many different radio shows have stated. Its also been stated numerous times on this board. You brought in not a goddam thing new or interesting with that call. Good work.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:23 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Omar Asik (who already is a solid defender/rebounder-now they need to make him a better offensive player-he has good hands, so that should not be an impossible task)

Asik has terrible hands. Did you watch a single game this year? That guy is a turnover machine if he touches the ball. Good defender and rebounder, but that's it.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
Frank Coztansa wrote:
That's great steve.

It was an obvious point. One that many different hosts on many different radio shows have stated. Its also been stated numerous times on this board. You brought in not a goddam thing new or interesting with that call. Good work.

Steve, although Frank is over the top in his criticism of you, his point is well taken. The points you make as a caller are often rehashed with no new insight. You once called in to point out that the Cards record during starts by their top three pithchers was 21-4. That stat had been printed in multiple locations and pointed out on SportsCenter earlier that week.

None of your Bulls comments are fresh. I hate it when some idiot calls in to a radio station and states the obvious. I know you've also considered a career as a sports radio talk show host. My sense is that to keep any type of radio content fresh nd interesting, you need to discuss points/counter points which haven't been beaten like a dead horse.

On a related note, I hate when guys get on the radio or print that the Heat's mid-season struggles helped shape them as a team and prepared them for the adversity of the playoffs. It's been written 1000 times.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:29 pm 
1000 CLUB

Steve,
Are you for real? You just don’t get it do you? The only thing not obvious to you is the joke?

Frank,
You’re dead-on about this guy. :lol: