It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 pm 

I haven't paid much attention to that horse gummed hump since he had his troubles. There was no reason to pile on the guy and he seemed to have quited down a bit.

I was out on an infrequent jog tonight and was listening to the overtime show. They replayed the interview with Hoyer. This is the first time the guy has been on the show or spoken with any of the hosts. You'd think you would want to make a good impression as this guy will be prominent in Chicago baseball for the next 5-10 years. So what does Harry do? He completely derails the interview with some horribly unfunny non sequitor joke. The thing caused a noticeable pause in the interview. It added nothing and was completely self indulgent.

Who ever told this guy he was funny? I've never heard his stand up but his ad libs on the air are brutal.

Then I continue with the show as the Score was broadcasting Huskie football. A Waddle and Whiny section interview with Ryan Theriot was up next. Whiny started the interview like he was going to give Theriot shit for being disrespectful to a team and fan base that made him. Instead, he pulled back and actually told Theriot "we were pulling for you". That's fine if it were true but all indications are Whiny was prepared to go off on him a little.

Bad radio. At least I reacquianted myself with why I hate Harry. Fucking luckiest SOB with a job on radio

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East.
good dolphin wrote:
He completely derails the interview with some horribly unfunny non sequitor joke.

:lol:

Didn't hear it, but this is typical Harry. At least he probably laughed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:32 pm 

What was the joke?

And agreed on Silvy. He often talks a big game then doesnt produce during interviews.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Harry and LoHo, thats a show!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:36 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Infrequent jog = running from the cops.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
it's a lie or he was peeping and almost got caught.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:52 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Colonel Angus wrote:
Infrequent jog = running from the cops.

Or perhaps it alternates with the semi-annual sit up??

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:01 am 

pizza_Place: nowhere
I remember a few years ago it was either Carmen or Jurko who went to see Harry do standup and came back the next day saying how bad it was

Everyone knows that Harry isnt funny yet they allow him to do his dumb routine on air and especially during interviews. Its leaves long pauses of uncomfortable silence and is bad radio

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:36 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
What was the joke?

And agreed on Silvy. He often talks a big game then doesnt produce during interviews.

Something about superfreak. It stunk up the place like an old man taking a dump after a thanksgiving dinner. Even worse, it was embarrassing in front of a new guy. It really made the whole show look bad.

All those old hatreds of that fucking dork are starting to rise again. How does this guy have a job on radio? He's provided bad programming and embarrassing incidents off mic for 20 years and he keeps ticking. I know I'm not the only one who thinks this yet program directors continue to let the guy exist.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:49 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I like Harry. Sometimes he does try to "force" humor into a spot where it's not needed and it doesn't work out well. But there are times when he does interject humor in a very timely manner that does work. I think he tries too hard sometimes, because with 2 other guys offering up opinions as they do, there are just so many fresh thoughts to come up with. he wants to stay "involved" as best he can, so he tries to add levity. That is what they (management) want from him. He's actually much more relaxed and natural on Sundays during his Fantasy Football Island program from 8-9am. There, he doesn't have to worry about mic time and is much more relaxed. I think similarly, Jurko is better when Harry is away from the show and it's just Carmen and Jurko. Perhaps 3 guys on the show is just too many?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I like Harry.

I thought dolphin made his argument about Harry perfectly well, but I suppose that does help drive the point home.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:10 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
good dolphin wrote:
I was out on an infrequent jog tonight and was listening to the overtime show.

Chronic cardio is really not good for you. Your heart has a finite number of beats in it. No need to burn up so many running away from nothing.

However, you do what you think is right. The world can do without you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:11 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I like Harry. Sometimes he does try to "force" humor into a spot where it's not needed and it doesn't work out well. But there are times when he does interject humor in a very timely manner that does work. I think he tries too hard sometimes, because with 2 other guys offering up opinions as they do, there are just so many fresh thoughts to come up with. he wants to stay "involved" as best he can, so he tries to add levity. That is what they (management) want from him. He's actually much more relaxed and natural on Sundays during his Fantasy Football Island program from 8-9am. There, he doesn't have to worry about mic time and is much more relaxed. I think similarly, Jurko is better when Harry is away from the show and it's just Carmen and Jurko. Perhaps 3 guys on the show is just too many?

harry haters, you've just been...

(and btw guys, don't you know that a celebrity caller such as the brand here HAS to go around the board and cover all of his bases? i've heard jurko mention on the air TWICE that he owes elmhurst steve something, and i might only listen to something like a combined three minutes a day during b&b/thom-hartmann commercials. we operate on the level of joe schmoes, but this is elmhurst steve we're talking about... he has an image to maintain. if anyone associated with the CJH show plows through the board, they're going to see that elmhurst steve stuck up for his people, so they're even more likely to mention Him on the air cuz he's always there for them. you smalltime motherfuckers gotta see the big picture like brandy-boy does... pfft. ham-n-eggers)