It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
DERF!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:23 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
The great irony of this is that Steve comes off as one of those high school jocks that laughed at "NERDS. NERDS. NERDS." and now here he is a 40 year old man attending something just as nerdy as any dungeons and dragons tournament while spending his week calling multiple radio shows nearly daily. The question is what would high school Elmhurst Steve do to this incarnation of Elmhurst Steve? Oh yeah, he misrepresents bowling scores on the internet and brags about being inducted into a softball hall of fame he had to pay to get a ticket to.

Inductees don't pay for their tickets. But any tickets you might want for your spouse, children, etc... has to be purchased. But you are right about some things in your post. I did laugh about Fantasy Football and couldn't imagine getting involved in it when I was younger. But I got in a league with guys from a softball team about 10 years ago and it wound up being a lot of fun. From the draft to the weekly trash talking to the the competition involved in winning a league, it reeled me in and I was hooked from that point on. But I'm not alone, fantasy football is one of the most popular gaming activities around. As much as it's fun to compete in leagues with friends, having a place to go where John Clayton, Matthew Berry, Stephania Bell, Mike Ditka, and radio guys like Waddle, Silvy, Jurko, Carmen and Harry are part of the event.....maybe I am nerdy about this, but I think it's a blast.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:24 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
But I'm not alone, fantasy football is one of the most popular gaming activities around.
Are you sure about this?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:49 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You can get on steve for a lot of things, but Fantasy Football is incredibly popular;

From this Sept 2011 report; An estimated 30 million people participate in fantasy football leagues
http://quod.lib.umich.edu/j/jsas/677611 ... w=fulltext

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:51 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
You can get on steve for a lot of things, but Fantasy Football is incredibly popular;

From this Sept 2011 report; An estimated 30 million people participate in fantasy football leagues
Really?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:01 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Oh yeah. Its super popular. In fact, I bet a lot of people do it, that is why Steve likes going to theses nerd a thons.

Its also usually cloudy when it rains, the Sox shoot off fireworks for home runs, and Theo Epstein sucks!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:02 am 

Still not convinced. I doubt it is that popular.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:09 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh yeah. Its super popular. In fact, I bet a lot of people do it

:lol: :lol:

He'll miss this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:48 pm 

A guy on Mac's show last week stated that over 36 million Americans played Fantasy Football in the 2011-2012 season. It is indeed a huge industry. I forget the exact number, but the ESPN fantasy football format that is used today, was developed by Matthew Berry (part of the ESPN Fantasy Football Convention) and he sold it to ESPN for something like 11 million dollars. Teinowitz knows the exact sum. In any case, he made out really well on the deal. He still writes a regular collumn for the site with his suggestions on guys to add/drop etc..One month from tomorrow!!!! August 25th!!! Yes, I know I'm inviting ridicule, but I DON'T CARE!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
A guy on Mac's show last week stated that over 36 million Americans played Fantasy Football in the 2011-2012 season. It is indeed a huge industry. I forget the exact number, but the ESPN fantasy football format that is used today, was developed by Matthew Berry (part of the ESPN Fantasy Football Convention) and he sold it to ESPN for something like 11 million dollars. Teinowitz knows the exact sum. In any case, he made out really well on the deal. He still writes a regular collumn for the site with his suggestions on guys to add/drop etc..One month from tomorrow!!!! August 25th!!! Yes, I know I'm inviting ridicule, but I DON'T CARE!!!

Steve, are you for fucking real? Seriously. Are you actual human being that exists? The shit you post on here is absolutely stunning. Does everything go over your head? Jesus Christ man.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:17 am 
1000 CLUB

For some reason Steve was too embarrassed to post this, but I can't help myself.

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Yeah I am for real and I get a bunch of free tickets to this event to give to friends because I post about this event every year here and make a point to mention it when calling into the MJH and S&W shows when the Convention is approaching. But maybe all that was just over your head and something you might never imagined?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
andyROONEY wrote:
Steve, I am absolutely detested in these parts. But what does it say about you that I bet 90% of the board members respect me more than you? Yikes my friend.

What is the point in trying to post in every section? Does it bother you when I post after you and force you to have to post again, to try to ensure you have the last post in every section?

Says the guy who has to call three different shows with the same obvious point, that even a non-sports fan like my wife could make.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:34 am 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
andyROONEY wrote:
Steve, I am absolutely detested in these parts. But what does it say about you that I bet 90% of the board members respect me more than you? Yikes my friend.

What is the point in trying to post in every section? Does it bother you when I post after you and force you to have to post again, to try to ensure you have the last post in every section?

Says the guy who has to call three different shows with the same obvious point, that even a non-sports fan like my wife could make.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 3:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
spanky wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Oh yeah. Its super popular. In fact, I bet a lot of people do it

:lol: :lol:

He'll miss this one.

Let me give you a 3-month old :lol: , Frank. That was good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
10 Signs You're A Fantasy Football Jackass

http://t.co/sABXUGSD

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:18 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Really?

:lol: