It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:18 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
FavreFan wrote:
Hold on...

Jurk openly talks shit to Harry and condescends to him?

I may tune in for a listen again soon.

Him and Carmen both do it. Jurko is he best, though, I really like Jurko.

They treat Harry like a dumb ass kid brother.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
SomeGuy wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hold on...

Jurk openly talks shit to Harry and condescends to him?

I may tune in for a listen again soon.

Him and Carmen both do it. Jurko is he best, though, I really like Jurko.

They treat Harry like a dumb ass kid brother.

Or a ginger Bears mouthpiece.

The Revolution is gaining momentum!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:38 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Speeps, how much does Harry pay you to roll joints for him on the kennedy/edens to he doesn't have to invoke the infallible name of the mayor of skokie.

i ask this semi-facetiously, cuz clearly you're subverting the hiearchy of the board and trying to prove a point.... and in many ways i honestly think you're quite noble in these regards, but like, seriously, you're up against the howard stern effect re: anti/b&b stuff here.

see, howard stern has messageboards devoted to listening to his every word and trashing the fuck out of him ebcause like, he went from being such a !!!! figure to his hardcore fans, that when they eventually got together and his show "evolved" into teh existential crisis where he decided he knew he'd always have enough fans to placate his ego and he wanted to "go out" repairing burnt bridges with the industry... he set himself up to the point where most of his listenership is "stern haters" who just wanna commiserate in a group with others also venting the collective "WTF?!?!?!"

same thing with b&b here. i'm proud to say that early/mid 00s b&b was appointment listening to me as it was my favorite show on radio and just all kinds of awesome.... but this post-FOTS era is just..... the kind of downfall that, honestly, is only way more captivating for all of us to clique up and group-bash because, let's face it, dan challenged us to aspire to higher standards in sports talk and thus sports entertainment.... and when shit goes sour... you know, it's like talking to an 80+ year old relative who has a glimmer in their voice when they talk about who's dead and/or dying in your family.

that's where we are now.... and i know you're too boardsy-woardsy and entrenched in inside-jokes/references to ever give me a straight answer.... but are you trying to call out the aburdity of b&b thrads with this by making a control/counter-example, or is this.... something else?

i ask from a place not borne of criticms, but moreover genuine curiosity since you're a pretty clever guy and one way or another you clearly have an agenda here.

PEACE AND LOVE, PEACE AND LOVE
- RINGO STARR

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:44 pm 

It started out as that sini, but after listening to the couple shows before Christmas it became a genuine desire to get people to pay attention to the show again.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:21 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
well don't get me wrong, because i wouldn't even classify your cause your cause as purely quixotic... moreover you challenge to look at our lives and consequently our conversational paradigms and wonder just exactly why we spew the super(creepy)analytical stuff about all things b&b.... like in many ways this board crossed a threshhold when beardown recently made that post where he speculated about dan's sex life in the way that it was to be utiliarian (you dont have sex unless you want kids) and therefore his wife can't be pleased with his sexual prowess, yet she stays in the relationship because he brings home the bacon and btw [[GLARING JEWISH STEREOTYPING TO BE INFERRED HERE]]

that was really the only time i ever felt "dirty" to be a part of this place.... and this is coming from me who occasionally decides convincing my internet social world that i'm a complete lunatic every now and then just so i can envision/enjoy the typical aghast from the "normies"

and now the unpopular part: anyone who's listened to harry's fantasy football island knows that he can drive a show and tone down his schtick.... clearly he's typecast on MJH/CJH and we can fall back on that "any publicity is good publicity" thing, but like.... i think you're honestly doing the lord's work here. and even tho i refuse to believe these posts are any less than 50% sarcastic, you do raise a very valid point in regards to the realtionship by a long-established/complacent/tanking media demagogue and his audience, who at some point was left high and dry when said personality goes "i'm tired of that... i mastered that universe. now what else can i do with my platform?"

for me, at the CSFMB winter meetup in early dec 2010 @ a remote at cloe's or whatever, i remember enjoying the show, meeting board ppl, but then the table i was at ended up being right next to dan's family (wife kids and all) getting a proper dinner a mere ~5 feet from a load of militant pantsless cretins.... and there was no incident, no bullshit, there was a lot of respect going on.

and in the end, that's how i can sleep at night after raking in the muck on here all day long.... when it comes down to it, it's like the friar club's mantra.... we only kid those who we love. and anyone who migrated with b&b from 8-12 to 10-2 and then 2-6 and finally 1-6, welp, you know.... the real hirt and consequent "animosity" comes from all of us losing our favorite show/ppl i the chicago sports media to.... whatever the post-FOTS gameplan is. but hey, that's like when one of your favorite bands changes style completely and make some bullshit self-indulgent wank LP or two and its like WTF HAPPENED?!?!?

people chance.... and as much as i respect that, it's just downright sad to see our one little outpost of faux/relative/intelligent/comedy turn into something way more official and IMPORTANT, which in many ways turned the show into the antithesis of what it was.... and you figure they gotta know/respect that our contiinued en masse bagging on them is really nothing more than a testament of how much we loved/invested-in the old program.

but hey, as long as he makes $500k+ and feels like he's, duh, #winnning, i guess we all win.... cuz i won't lie, this board has gottan a whole lot more fun since the overall narrative (to cop one of their terms) went from ALS to systematic discombobulations of a shot that, qute honestly, has "evolved" like teh howard stern show has..... can't wait for drinky to start asking us WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING?!?!?! when we criticize in the future =D

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:24 pm 

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
2 great posts, sini.

I'm in total agreement with you on the early 00's B and B. 10-2 was appointment radio and I thought it was awesome. Especially coming from the radio shithole that is central illinois.

Then I couldn't take it anymore. They had turned into 1 trick ponies. I stopped listening. I'd tune in now and again until the 1st dumb caller was screamed down and I'd bolt. And now with a board revolt seemingly underway, I've started to listen to small chunks on a daily basis. I figured "it can't be THAT bad".... And you know what? It is. It's even worse. It's like Radio Ozzie or Lovie. The audio partnership time stamp has expired on these 2. Split 'em up and they are a hell of a lot more enjoyable listen.