It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
derp

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Last edited by Chus on Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
It just means that the lemmings were blindly following the crowd and ignoring this show.

It was miles better than Boers and Bernstein.

It had better guests and a higher VORH.

I must ask that you refrain from attacking Steven.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:14 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
It just means that the lemmings were blindly following the crowd and ignoring this show.

Ratings are ratings.

It was miles better than Boers and Bernstein.

Well, that's just like your opinion, man.

It had better guests and a higher VORH.

True, but B&B just aren't a guest driven show. A good guest is useless without a good show driver.

I must ask that you refrain from attacking Steven.

I'm not attacking anybody. He is just getting his ass kicked by common sense and simple math, once again.

<º)))><

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
rogers park bryan wrote:
Bottom line: Harry was an intregel part of the best show in Chicago Sports radio history.

You forgot the "IMO". Sorry, but IMO it was one of the more listenable programs but never the best. Sorta like Everybody Loves Raymond. There was never a point when I couldn't listen that I felt like I was missing something special.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:28 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I can memorize a list of Super Bowl MVPs and Cy Young Award winners too, Steve. It doesn't mean I'm qualified to talk sports. Same goes for Harry.

He's been talking sports on Chicago radio for 20 years. Lets not act as if he's some producer that has had a few days filling in for a regular broadcaster and wants a chance at a regular shift. You may not like him, but acting as if he's not qualified, when he has 2 decades of experience is silly.

He is as fine an example of coattails as one could display. Harry couldn't draw flies on any show he had prior to Mc Neil. Mc Neil didn't want him, he was forced on him because Harry was under contract and they didn't want to waste the money. Then Mc Neil left and Harry was back to not drawing flies.

You say McNeil didn't want him and I think that was true.....initially. However mac posted earlier today on his facebook page that he wants to get Harry on his show with he and Spiegal. He wants to see if they can do shows on a trial basis and see how the mix works out. That doesn't sound like someone that doesn't like/respect Harry at all. The ratings decline had everything to do with mac's departure but far less if anything at all, to do with Harry's contributions.

I don't believe his posts of today. There was never any time during MJH that he treated Harry as an equal or with anything other than contempt.

Sure he will put Harry on to talk about the firing. That type of show drives up ratings. Put Harry on the seat in a dunk tank and you'd have a line a mile long of people wanting to watch him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Still running commercials for John Cicco's with Harry trying to be funny...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:06 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Bottom line: Harry was an intregel part of the best show in Chicago Sports radio history.

You forgot the "IMO". Sorry, but IMO it was one of the more listenable programs but never the best. Sorta like Everybody Loves Raymond. There was never a point when I couldn't listen that I felt like I was missing something special.

IMO is implied.

I gotcha though. I should say in my listening history because I missed a lot of the shows people lived like HFC and Monsters

I believe Dr Ken holds The Sports Exchange up as the greatest show ever

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:10 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I do wish they had chosen to slide Harry (if he would have agreed to it) into the 7pm-11pm slot and let Hood go instead. Harry is much more knowledgeable and could have done fine there. I guess they can pay Hood a lot less to fill that role though.

go figure that you'd want to get rid of the one black guy at the station. captain racebait is in the house! you even went on to list his achievements so this could subliminally tickle people's affirmative action receptors. martin luthor king jr. would be proud.

i bet you've shown off your ability to racebait on this board to no less than ~2 people IRL. "heh heh watch this, i'll say something about [black guy] and rile up the board's black contingent and all of the guys who want to suck their dicks. they all hate me because they know i'm right"

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:15 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
rogers park bryan wrote:

The Chicago Sports Exchange was, in fact, the greatest show in the history of leverage. There is no counter-argument. Like all great things, it was taken from us too soon.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:27 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:

The Chicago Sports Exchange was, in fact, the greatest show in the history of leverage. There is no counter-argument. Like all great things, it was taken from us too soon.

Hey guys 3 questions, Are the Bulls gonna take Rose or Beasley? Will the mortgage industry go up forever? What storm windows so you recommend for the upcoming winter?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:54 pm 

once more for the record, i want to point out that at the time i was technically a beasley guy. this wasn't technically a beasley thing as much as it was a i didn't want the bulls to go get a point guard and still need a #1 scorer in order to win a championship thing. i wanted the bulls to get a scorer, and since beasley was basically billed as durant v2.0 in the media, i bought into the hype thinking he was the second coming of kevin durant.

that was obviously wrong, but since i essentially thought the argument was derrick rose vs kevin durant i was right on that one, but i was completely wrong about the situation. not to mention derrick. he has far more heart than i thought he'd have, evidenced by the heat ECF where like.... holy shit he was in over his head and he had no chance, but damned if the kid didn't try and then turn around and insist everything was on him (which it technically was, which means it technically wasn't, if you think of it in terms of garpax helping him out and whatnot. still tho, i hope to god his jumper is 50% sweeter coming out of this knee injury otherwise shit's gonna be sour here real bad, esp since there's no way this team misses the playoffs and gets a rigged top-5 pick =( )

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:23 am 

Krazy Ivan wrote:

Heeeeeeeeeeey, what's growin' on?

<º)))><

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Just shows how cheep ESPN is.. They don't want to produce a new commercial and Cicco's is still under contract.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
bosco wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Just shows how cheep ESPN is.. They don't want to produce a new commercial and Cicco's is still under contract.

Is Cicco going to pay for new commercials? If no, then they don't need new ones. Hell, WGN had Kathy & Judy doing new (@the time) spots after they got fired.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
This little bastard sure did age horribly. What the hell has he been doing the last 5-10 years?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:04 pm 

Powerhouse233 wrote:
This little bastard sure did age horribly. What the hell has he been doing the last 5-10 years?

shots and doobs?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 11:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Sausage
Colonel Angus wrote:
bosco wrote:
Krazy Ivan wrote:

Is Cicco going to pay for new commercials? If no, then they don't need new ones. Hell, WGN had Kathy & Judy doing new (@the time) spots after they got fired.

The point is, they do everything else to rid their company of Harry - other than something that costs them $$. Their web guy removes just about everything HT & the show is renamed by the sound guy. They just dont want to reproduce the commercial... they're lazy..

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 am 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Chus wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
K Effective wrote:
Unlike most of the rest of the CSFMB, I was never a Harry hater. In fact, after Mac went back to the Score, his repeated Harry bashing really turned me off, and led to the dust-up here that ended when Mac told me to PTFB. I did, and have not listened since. CJH was not as good as MJH, and Jurko proved how he will never be anything but a sidekick on air, a caricature of the Chicago meatball fan, or former jock. He will take a contrarian position simply for the battle then defend it without any real effort to know it- I'm right because you are dumb.

I'm not worried about Harry's future, he can always fall back on those "Up The Academy" royalties. I do wonder where the future radio talent is going to come from. Much like the newspaper industry, radio can't be getting stronger as a medium, and are there really any kids just dying to get on the air to talk sports, like a young Mac producing Chet's shows?

As far as the Up The Academy royalties are concerned, I assume you are kidding. Harry probabaly gets less than a hundred dollars a year for that these days. When do you ever see that movie playing on any television station?....never.

Wow that movie looks like a pile of steaming dog shit but the soundtrack is oddly impressive.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
Harry would say some of the silliest shit on the air like how cool it was when Cub players would wave at him. HOW OLD ARE YOU, Harold?

That being said, Harry is a great guy who had time for everyone. The total anti Mike Dumb Fuck North.

WOO LIFE!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:02 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:
Harry would say some of the silliest shit on the air like how cool it was when Cub players would wave at him. HOW OLD ARE YOU, Harold?

That being said, Harry is a great guy who had time for everyone. The total anti Mike Dumb Fuck North.

I was under the impression that Pappy was very approachable and loved to interact with others from stories I've read from dolphin and others?

I've never talked to North in my life but I know people.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:08 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Keeping Score wrote:
Aggravated Sox Fan Bob wrote:

I was under the impression that Pappy was very approachable and loved to interact with others from stories I've read from dolphin and others?

He was.

Then he was not.

I hope recent professional setbacks return him to the "was" category.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
1995 Mike North was a very cool guy. I didn't interact with him much beyond the break up of the original Monsters show.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen Home Run Inn Pizza
doug - evergreen park wrote:
1995 Mike North was a very cool guy. I didn't interact with him much beyond the break up of the original Monsters show.

When and in what way did he turn into a prick?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:56 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
Powerhouse233 wrote:
doug - evergreen park wrote:

When and in what way did he turn into a prick?

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7