It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:34 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:

I have no doubt he'll end up with shits at WGN though.

Is the food bad there?

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I do wish they had chosen to slide Harry (if he would have agreed to it) into the 7pm-11pm slot and let Hood go instead. Harry is much more knowledgeable and could have done fine there. I guess they can pay Hood a lot less to fill that role though.

You are off your freaking rocker.

Harry knows uniform numbers.

Even if he did know anyting about sports it always gets filtered through his lollipops and rainbows brain before the analysis comes out of his mouth.

You are so wrong. talk to him about anything from who was the leading rusher, MVP or made a key play in a Super Bowl (you name which one) and he will know. Who was MVP in any sport or won the scoring title, cy Young award or was rookie of the year, chances are good he knows. the guy watches more sports than anyone broadcasting. Pro or College, he knowsthe teams, players and coaches. You may hate the guy, but don't discredit the man. His humor may be awfully redundant (rolodex of humor) but he is knowledgeable.

There is a big difference between retaining data and being able to intelligently analyze it.

As Mac said so many years ago, he has no credibility.

I said he was knowledgeable. That refers to having gained knowledge. If you say he retains data, but does not analyze that data well, he is knowledgeable but lacks the ability to use that knowledge in analysis. 2 different things. His greatest failing, was always judging local teams/players with his heart, rather than his head. He always tended to favorably judge local teams and God forbid they ever had a meal or drink with him and he considered them a friend. Then they rose to the level of excellence if that happened.

pizza_Place: A few...

Peoria Matt wrote:
I think Mac mentioned that Harry has to lay low for 4 weeks, contractually..

You think a station is actually going to look to enforce a no compete against Harry?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

You think a station is actually going to look to enforce a no compete against Harry?

I'm not sure about that. If I remember, before he went back to The SCORE in the summer of 2009, I remember Mac had to go through a similar silence when ESPN Radio bosses yanked him off the air earlier that year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:41 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I can memorize a list of Super Bowl MVPs and Cy Young Award winners too, Steve. It doesn't mean I'm qualified to talk sports. Same goes for Harry.

He's been talking sports on Chicago radio for 20 years. Lets not act as if he's some producer that has had a few days filling in for a regular broadcaster and wants a chance at a regular shift. You may not like him, but acting as if he's not qualified, when he has 2 decades of experience is silly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:42 pm 

SHARK wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

I'm not sure about that. If I remember, before he went back to The SCORE in the summer of 2009, I remember Mac had to go through a similar silence when ESPN Radio bosses yanked him off the air earlier that year.

His contract is up at the end of March and until it expires, he is not free to appear on the air with another station.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
SHARK wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:

His contract is up at the end of March and until it expires, he is not free to appear on the air with another station.

Exactly.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Dallas Winston wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I do wish they had chosen to slide Harry (if he would have agreed to it) into the 7pm-11pm slot and let Hood go instead. Harry is much more knowledgeable and could have done fine there. I guess they can pay Hood a lot less to fill that role though.

Let me be the first to propose Carmen, Jurko, & Hoodie!

And.....you are the first to be shot down.

Shot down by the Grand Wizard. Wouldn't expect anything else from ya champ.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:53 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
I can memorize a list of Super Bowl MVPs and Cy Young Award winners too, Steve. It doesn't mean I'm qualified to talk sports. Same goes for Harry.

He's been talking sports on Chicago radio for 20 years. Lets not act as if he's some producer that has had a few days filling in for a regular broadcaster and wants a chance at a regular shift. You may not like him, but acting as if he's not qualified, when he has 2 decades of experience is silly.

He is as fine an example of coattails as one could display. Harry couldn't draw flies on any show he had prior to Mc Neil. Mc Neil didn't want him, he was forced on him because Harry was under contract and they didn't want to waste the money. Then Mc Neil left and Harry was back to not drawing flies.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:54 pm 

What happened with Glenn Ordway, a veteran sports talk radio host at WEEI-FM in Boston which also happens to be an ESPN Radio affiliate, is more the exception than the rule. Ordway had hosted "The Big Show" since 'EEI signed on the air in Boston back in 1987. He's being replaced by a guy named Mike Salk, who had been hosting morning drive on ESPN Radio's Seattle station.

I only mention the Ordway case because neither Mac nor Harry got the green light to say goodbye to their listeners here. Something else to consider. February's also the shortest month of the calendar year.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:57 pm 
1000 CLUB

I'm loving this good dolphin vs The Brand scrum!!!!

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:05 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Its not a scrum. Steve, as usual, is getting knocked out.

Its no secret why Steve likes Harry. Harry kissed his ass for calling and always praised his dumb, obvious calls into his shows for years. Harry and Steve are alike in the fact that the both sucked whenever they were on the air for AM1000.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

I know Steve is getting his ass handed to him.(as usual) I just wanted a reason to use the word scrum.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Dallas Winston wrote:
I know Steve is getting his ass handed to him.(as usual) I just wanted a reason to use the word scrum.

The Ghost of Harry Teinowitz wrote:
You're a real scrumbag.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Missed that KS. I'm of the opinion that adding J Hood to any ESPN show immediately makes that show better.

Let's do it for Johnny!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:21 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Make it Silvy, Hood, and Jurko and I'm a loyal listener. Nothing against Carmen but I just like that mix.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

I think Hood's chances at day part radio have long passed him by. I think he's barely hanging on at ESPN 1000 as it is. I never understood why people think/thought he was very good. He's a very poor and choppy speaker. It's annoying. Plus he talks without really saying anything. I catch him sometimes at night. It's just simple observations and bad jokes. He and drinky are kind of the same.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:40 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Beardown wrote:
I think Hood's chances at day part radio have long passed him by. I think he's barely hanging on at ESPN 1000 as it is.

No longer. Now that I'm backing him, his future is bright.

Look what I did for Laurence. He was a routinely ridiculed figure and now he's a multi-media star making over $275k/year.

Mr. Hood, whose ship has just come in....provided he has enough brains to climb aboard.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:43 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Beardown wrote:
I think Hood's chances at day part radio have long passed him by. I think he's barely hanging on at ESPN 1000 as it is.

No longer. Now that I'm backing him, his future is bright.

Look what I did for Laurence. He was a routinely ridiculed figure and now he's a multi-media star making over $275k/year.

Mr. Hood, whose ship has just come in....provided he has enough brains to climb aboard.

Are you serious about LoHo? I have him for 90 grand at the Score and 80 Grand doing weekend stuff on Channel 5. Nothing to sneeze at,BTW.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:44 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:
Are you serious about LoHo? I have him for 90 grand at the Score and 80 Grand doing weekend stuff on Channel 5. Nothing to sneeze at,BTW.

It's been confirmed on here before, jimmy.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Waddle and Silvy go to afternoons and I'll bet Bristol makes ESPN 1000 air Colin Cowherd's show.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:46 pm 

jimmypasta wrote:

It's been confirmed on here before, jimmy.

Damn,He's doing pretty well for a 30-something virgin. I had no idea.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Peeps....since you worked your magic on the CJH show, how about starting a L Holmes daily show thread?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:49 pm 
1000 CLUB

Larry's salary is a long running joke on this board, Jimmy. He ain't making that amount. It's just become a thing to post by a lot of people. Doc started it. Others have picked it up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:50 pm 

Beardown wrote:
Larry's salary is a long running joke on this board, Jimmy. He ain't making that amount. It's just become a thing to post by a lot of people. Doc started it. Others have picked it up.

I'm hurt "Doc" would play me. My numbers might be closer to the truth.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:54 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I assume by "started", you mean "broke the story".

I'm hurt that you've gone against me Beardown when I've defended you from all sides - all those times when it was just you and me against the world and this is how you repay me - with lies and deceit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:55 pm 

Beardown wrote:

I assume by "started", you mean "broke the story".

I'm hurt that you've gone against me Beardown when I've defended you from all sides - all those times when it was just you and me against the world and this is how you repay me - with lies and deceit.

Is that from "Who's afraid of Virginia Wolf?"

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:57 pm 

Keeping Score wrote:
Peoria Matt wrote:
Peeps....since you worked your magic on the CJH show, how about starting a L Holmes daily show thread?

Missed it the 1st time. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 204 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next