It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Afternoon shuffle??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:08 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
During Monday's show Danny Mac mentioned that ESPN was going to shuffle their programming, with their National show taking over the 9am-2pm time period and Waddle and Silvy joining Jurko for the 2pm-6pm show. This would allow ESPN to pit their best talent together against the weker B&B show, basically throwing the white flag up to Mac and Spiegs. I have to think it will adversely affect ESPN's morning/early afternoon ratings, where Ryen Russillo/Scott van Pelt are unlikely to hold the numbers Waddle/Silvy currently produce. But I think it's entirely possible that it switches the balance of power in the afternoon. No word from Mac was made about future plans ESPN might have for Carmen.

Post subject: Re: Afternoon shuffle??
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:33 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
In the other 8 threads on this topic, everybody thought that B&B would destroy Silvy and Waddle except for Colonel Angus and spmack. Well we don't know this for sure about spamck, but it's just kind of an assumed thing.

How do you feel about the WGN all-sports launch?

Except that this is new information and it's not just a switch of show's into altered time slots, but a shuffling of talent where Jurko remains in the 2-6pm slot and has Waddle and Silvy joining him. As far as "everybody thinking B&B would destroy Silvy and Waddle" I don't think thats true. I think Silvy is the 2nd best (to Mac) show host in the sports talk medium in this town. Pairing him with Jurko makes for a very strong show. Waddle is basically the 3rd wheel here, but a pretty good 3rd. If this happens, I give them a real chance to switch the standings around.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:58 am 

Keeping Score wrote:
Jurko's contract expires in 3 months and he more than likely will join Mac at that point. Thoughts?

I would like it if Jurko joined Mac. I think Jurko without the restrictions placed on him by ESPN, would be even better. But I think ESPN would be crazy to let him go. I think the pairing of Silvy and waddle with Jurko, gives them a real chance to take back the ratings belt they had during the MJH days.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:38 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:06 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Keeping Score wrote:
Jurko's contract expires in 3 months and he more than likely will join Mac at that point. Thoughts?

Nope

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:09 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
During Monday's show Danny Mac mentioned that ESPN was going to shuffle their programming, with their National show taking over the 9am-2pm time period and Waddle and Silvy joining Jurko for the 2pm-6pm show. This would allow ESPN to pit their best talent together against the weker B&B show, basically throwing the white flag up to Mac and Spiegs. I have to think it will adversely affect ESPN's morning/early afternoon ratings, where Ryen Russillo/Scott van Pelt are unlikely to hold the numbers Waddle/Silvy currently produce. But I think it's entirely possible that it switches the balance of power in the afternoon. No word from Mac was made about future plans ESPN might have for Carmen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve from Elmhurst, but you're in Burbank...stop being so bitter. And it's spelled weaker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:24 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve from Elmhurst, but you're in Burbank...stop being so bitter. And it's spelled weaker

Weaker ....yes, like your posts. It's called a typo, when one doesnt strike the key sufficiently, it may not register. I have done one job in Burbank in the past 2 years and I am certainly not there now. I'm not bitter about anything at this point, just responding to information dispensed yesterday. The information was straight from Mac and Spieg's broadcast yesterday, not some fabrication. Are you concerned that your precious B&B is gonna take the kind of beatings Mac used to lay on them regularly in the old MJH days??

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:30 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Waddle sucks...much like your thoughts. I could see competition popping up if it were Silverman and Jurko alone...I would even give that a listen. But Waddle is as much a no go for many as the fortunately departed Harry was.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:38 am 

sjboyd0137 wrote:
Waddle sucks...much like your thoughts. I could see competition popping up if it were Silverman and Jurko alone...I would even give that a listen. But Waddle is as much a no go for many as the fortunately departed Harry was.

I mostly agree with your thoughts on Waddle. He is so conncerned with not offending any players/coaches/owners that he rarely offers up much substance. But between Silvy and Jurko, the show could be very entertaining. I think Jurko might even have the ability to bring more out of waddle.

Last edited by Elmhurst Steve on Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:39 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
You offer plenty of much substance with every call you make.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.