It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:49 pm 

Mac,

Whatever happen to Ann Werner, the hottie with the untamable hair who used to be a reporter on FSN-Chicago and then later on ESPN?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:57 pm 

I know he does fantasy Updates with Silvy and Carmen and Harry on Sunday's does he work for the station? he is great with Fantasy Football which I know is taboo on MJH but this guy knows his stuff and always seems to get mentioned with a bunch of MJH jokes. WHO IS this MASKED MAN. Explain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:19 pm 

We now bring in Dan McNeil. Hey Mac, how ya feelin'? Everything alright?

Last edited by Bulldog Scott on Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Whatever happened to your dream lineup? You were supposed to post it 3 months ago.

I'm pretty sure he did. I remember something about Mulligan replacing Carmen and the original poster asking he provide a partner other than Boers for himself.

Beyond that, you'll have to do some digging. That's all I remember.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:11 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
i remember reading that too. i believe it was in one of the ask mac answer threads

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:29 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
BlackSox wrote:
Quote:
Whatever happen to Ann Werner, the hottie with the untamable hair who used to be a reporter on FSN-Chicago and then later on ESPN?

+1

She had kind of a Alf-like quality about her. I always wanted to f*ck Alf.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:36 am 
1000 CLUB

I have to tell you guys about the huge crush I have on Comcast Sports net Kerry Sayers.. I met her at the MJH golf outing over the Summer and both Vandy and I agreed , she is very underated and has a smoking body and a great, great smile and very cute. She had her golf skirt on and has great legs and a cute dumper as well.

I ran into her again at the UC at the Brew pub a few weeks ago after a Hawks game and we got to chatting and she is very engageing and I fell in love. I bought her and her friends a few beers and talked a little about MJH and what a fan she is and a little about Michigan football. She told me she is a Michigan grad and she bleeds Maze and Blue. She is very cute and very underated as far as a single smoking girl on the Chicago sports scene.

If I was not married , I would of pursued in getting a date or a phone number and I'm sure she would of shot me down but regardless, still a 9 or 10 in my book .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Slap Shot ED wrote:
cute dumper

:D

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:00 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Hey Mac, is there any chance you could convince Jurko to post something on the board every now and then. I for one would be interested in picking the brain :wink: of a John Jurkovic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Mac,
With all due respect, can we get a permanent ban on Harry's Catholic Priest jokes? I'm not even Catholic, but I find them incredibly distasteful and inappropriate... and they're not even remotely funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

Why pin this on Harry? Catholic priest jokes are running rampant everywhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:45 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
wdelaney wrote:
Mac,
With all due respect, can we get a permanent ban on Harry's Catholic Priest jokes? I'm not even Catholic, but I find them incredibly distasteful and inappropriate... and they're not even remotely funny.

Wdelany must have been an Alterboy. :P Lighten up Francis.. If I got to hear one more person cry about someone being P.C. I swear to God I'll shit on they're lawn .

When did this Country start bitching and moaning about how people talk and act? I understand you don't use the word n**** and you don't call a women a C**T..I get that, but when does someone trying to be funny become offensive?

Wdelaney , i'm sure your a good guy or Lady but we all need to lighten up a bit . Mel Gibson and Mike Richards have taken a toll on being P.C..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:55 pm 

So what's on Mac's X-mas wish list?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 5:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
What's your shirt size? ha. No, seriously. I need to know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:02 pm 

[quote="STU-GOTZ"][quote][quote="wdelaney"]

When did this Country start bitching and moaning about how people talk and act? quote]

I think it was about 5 minutes after Columbus got off the Nina

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 6:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Quote:
wdelaney wrote:
Mac,

Wdelany must have been an Alterboy. :P Lighten up Francis.. If I got to hear one more person cry about someone being P.C. I swear to God I'll shit on they're lawn .

When did this Country start bitching and moaning about how people talk and act? I understand you don't use the word n**** and you don't call a women a C**T..I get that, but when does someone trying to be funny become offensive?

Wdelaney , i'm sure your a good guy or Lady but we all need to lighten up a bit . Mel Gibson and Mike Richards have taken a toll on being P.C..

But Harry is NEVER funny. EVER. Just a little douchebag with a rich daddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Score is doomed but when does someone trying to be funny become offensive?

But Harry is NEVER funny. EVER. Just a little douchebag with a rich daddy
[/quote]

Notice S.I.D. , I made sure i put "tRYING TO BE FUNNY". :wink: Harry is funny , when Mac and Jurko and making fun out of him .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:31 pm 

Mac,
Ok, you're sentenced to a life of solitude on an island. You get to take the one of the following with you:
-Movie
-Book
-Cut of Allen Brother's Meat

What would your choices be?

Also, if you could pick any play-by-play guy and color analyst to call your former Babe Ruth League games (where you patrolled CF like a caucasian Kirby Puckett), who would you choose and why?

Post subject: Ask Mac XI
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:48 am 

Mac-

I've been a long-time listener, and thanks for the listen. It's a two-fer day...

Q: Is local TV (2,4,7,fox,gn) Sports relevant anymore? Outside of a token fan interview of a big game, I don't see the point of them in the newscasts.
I'm ok with the Sunday night stuff, however.

Q: For you show, how much prep/post time do the folks behind the glass put in. For example, to do the lead-in of songs/bytes, does that take a lot of time, and is it one person do it, or is it a team? Has technology really sped up the process since you we a wee lass under Chester?
I do like most of thier efforts.

Post subject: Re: Ask Mac XI
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:16 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Andy Dufresne wrote:
Quote:
Q: Is local TV (2,4,7,fox,gn) Sports relevant anymore?

4? Telemundo?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:24 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Mac,

On killer snow days like today, can you do us all a public service and put an underdressed Harry with a funny hat out on an overpass somewhere giving us updates on whether it is slippery, are there lots of cars, and if there are any snow plows?

Also, maybe stick Jurko next to a huge salt pile to give us updates on its volume? Being sure to instruct him not to lick it.

Maybe you could also sit in the local hardware store to give us updates on how many snow shovels are left.

Radio should be for the public good. Do you civic duty. You can't get this info anywhere else.

Thanks in advance.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:16 pm 

Does Harry get mad if and when he finds out your "Dream Lineup" involves breaking up you guys; specifically, keeping you and Jurk together and exiling him off to mornings with Mike North?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:19 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Serious question here Mac. You post some frank answers on this board. Appreciate the honesty.

Does or has your posting on here gotten you into hot water with the suits or your fellow on-air personalities? Have you ever been asked to refrain from posting?

Seems like some of your answers would rub some the wrong way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Hey Mac,

How much control do you have over your show? Do you have to submit ideas for approval from someone or do "they" let you fly without a net?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:06 pm 

Mac, are you or have you ever been a weekly contributor on a show in another market? Are there stations in other markets that regularly call you when their team plays the Bears, Sox, Cubs, etc? If yes, are there any funny stories you can share with the class? Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 5:23 pm 

Mac, what is the deal with Meatpants. The guy has a superior knowledge of the entire MLB. He has a decent voice and an excellent disposition with callers. He has paid his dues in the industry. Why is he not someone who the local stations have called upon to be their baseball experts. He clearly puts more into research on the topic than anything offered by either station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Bianchi's - Ottawa
good dolphin wrote:
Mac, what is the deal with Meatpants. The guy has a superior knowledge of the entire MLB. He has a decent voice and an excellent disposition with callers. He has paid his dues in the industry. Why is he not someone who the local stations have called upon to be their baseball experts. He clearly puts more into research on the topic than anything offered by either station.

GD,
I'm starting to think you are Matt Spiegel....or his agent. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Mac,

Sometimes you will throw in a one-liner that references something on the board during the show....
For example: At the end of Friday's show you told Finji to "get that resume to Delevitt" which references the Here it is - the dream lineup thread.....
Is this a conscious effort? Because I always smirk, as if I'm in the know, when this happens. :wink:

Post subject: Hey Mac
PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 7:32 pm 

I would like to propose a new love child pairing for you. Harry Bubbles is the love child of Fat Eddie Schwartz and Terri Hemmert. You may summarily dismiss, because the love child calls for two guys but I am not convinced Terri isn't packing.

Your thoughts :D :D