It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 12:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

New Year and same ole story at 1000. You kickoff your New Year's and 2007 with your franchise team of MJH off the air in meetings?? I'm ready to go out of the box and hit the street running and their in fucking meetings !

You had two weeks to get the three boobs together and change the world of sports radio but you slam on the breaks and hold them in meetings all day .. Well, Boers and Bernstein got my ear today instead of 1000 ..

If your going to screw with my day and not have them on , then you screw you !! You lose my listenership for the next few days and I go down the dial!! Simple as that ..

Here is a New Years policy I've installed this year when it comes to sports radio.. Someone get's suspended and no ones wants to give reasons , I'm gone ..Someone takes vacations from the show , so do I .. If someone wants to beat a subject to death for 4 hours , I'm tuning out .More than 5 minutes of commericals , I switch to music or CD's and come back later.. If a host misses a show after a Chicago Championship , I'm putting him in the penalty box for a week . Lame segments (I.E. Who you crappin , Sunday night John , Friday Fung, Harry vs. Jurko) will no longer get my ear.

Any other ones I missed?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
New Year and same ole story at 1000. You kickoff your New Year's and 2007 with your franchise team of MJH off the air in meetings?? I'm ready to go out of the box and hit the street running and their in fucking meetings !

You had two weeks to get the three boobs together and change the world of sports radio but you slam on the breaks and hold them in meetings all day .. Well, Boers and Bernstein got my ear today instead of 1000 ..

If your going to screw with my day and not have them on , then you screw you !! You lose my listenership for the next few days and I go down the dial!! Simple as that ..

Here is a New Years policy I've installed this year when it comes to sports radio.. Someone get's suspended and no ones wants to give reasons , I'm gone ..Someone takes vacations from the show , so do I .. If someone wants to beat a subject to death for 4 hours , I'm tuning out .More than 5 minutes of commericals , I switch to music or CD's and come back later.. If a host misses a show after a Chicago Championship , I'm putting him in the penalty box for a week . Lame segments (I.E. Who you crappin , Sunday night John , Friday Fung, Harry vs. Jurko) will no longer get my ear.

Any other ones I missed?

The unplugged hour - it's not necessarily bad/boring radio, but it's not sports radio, and that's why I tune in.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:18 pm 

Quote:

Any other ones I missed?

I hope you have a huge CD collection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:31 pm 

Man Stu, I hope you inserted your Manpon today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 10:41 am 

Stu, is this your first year listening to sports radio, or any talk radio for that matter? The industry unaplogetically has cleared the benches for as long as I can remember at this time of year. It was OK for Dahl, Brandmeier, Mathews and Stern because they could play best of segments that were still entertaining. Sports radio cannot do that.

I have never understood why the sports radio industry does not utilize its natural dead period of February to clear away all vacation days. From the management and talent perspective, these days are chip shots. There is so much to talk about that shows make themselves from January through the Super Bowl. Also, I might be a needy bastard, but I want to hear my guys during the holiday season. Their presence during the season helps to contribute to a delusion that they are the listeners friend. That is a good thing for a station. So, I agree with you point but the objection is meaningless.

There was one caveat to the bench clearing rule: Dan Bernstein. The man worked almost the entire holiday season.

I know the response will be "we have vacation days that we have to use" and I do not begrudge them those days. However, there should be some sense behind it. Management should disallow more than 1 day per week in December and January but allow talent to carry days through the end of February with no restriction on using those days in February.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:13 am 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
good dolphin wrote:
Stu, is this your first year listening to sports radio, or any talk radio for that matter?

I think I might have the most tenure on this board when it comes to being a radio guy and that's why I think I have the right to call out things I dislike or don't agree with . I don't think many can say they listened to Steve Dahl in his WDAI days or Larry Lujack in his WLS days . I started to listen sports talk with Chuck Swirski and Chet in the late 70's. So to answer your question , Yes, I have about 27 years of sports radio listernship under my belt. Do they have a plaque for that ?

Having said that , I was pissed that MJH had a lot to talk about and it was the start of the "New Year" and I was looking forward to the Bears talk and Mac's perspective on the White Sox moves when he was gone and I get Silvvy and Carm (Who I like) but not in that time slot in where I schedule my day around. It's appointment radio for me and when I make it a point to tune in and they don't show up , I get pissed.

They did not pull any other show off the air to have a meeting to listen to Harry cry about his role or about Jurko farting in the studio..Bores and Bernstein were able to make it in..Why not MJH??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

STU-GOTZ wrote:
Quote:
good dolphin wrote:
Stu, is this your first year listening to sports radio, or any talk radio for that matter?

I think I might have the most tenure on this board when it comes to being a radio guy and that's why I think I have the right to call out things I dislike or don't agree with . I don't think many can say they listened to Steve Dahl in his WDAI days or Larry Lujack in his WLS days . I started to listen sports talk with Chuck Swirski and Chet in the late 70's. So to answer your question , Yes, I have about 27 years of sports radio listernership under my belt. Do they have a plaque for that ?

Having said that , I was pissed that MJH had a lot to talk about and it was the start of the "New Year" and I was looking forward to the Bears talk and Mac's perspective on the White Sox moves when he was gone and I get Silvvy and Carm (Who I like) but not in that time slot in where I schedule my day around. It's appointment radio for me and when I make it a point to tune in and they don't show up , I get pissed.

They did not pull any other show off the air to have a meeting to listen to Harry cry about his role or about Jurko farting in the studio..Bores and Bernstein were able to make it in..Why not MJH??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

Unlike most businesses that must be customer-oriented to survive, the radio heads provide the product they want, not the one their customers (listeners) want. Stu, you sound like a man in need of a satellite radio. So when Harry and Mac waste time talking about the critically important issue of Larry Csonka's jersey number, you have several other choices to click besides the Snore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
Mac's perspective on the White Sox moves when he was gone

That's the second worst thing about hosts being on vaca---they come back and talk about what's been covered the last two weeks. For example--see Mike North's take on Tank Johnson this morning. Who needs it--old news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

[
Quote:
quote="Coast2Coast"]Unlike most businesses that must be customer-oriented to survive, the radio heads provide the product they want, not the one their customers (listeners) want. Stu, you sound like a man in need of a satellite radio. So when Harry and Mac waste time talking about the critically important issue of Larry Csonka's jersey number, you have several other choices to click besides the Snore.
[/quote]

The commericals thing was more geared towards the 'Score' broadcasts.B&B seem to have 10 minute blocks an hour , which is what Howard Stern would do and you'd loose me .

I listen a lot at work so the satellie thing really would not work for me and I used to have XM and it was a pain to have all the wires and shit in my car .It was more of a pain in the ass to deal with . I like MJH and Boers and Bernstein but like you said , they will not mold their shows to what I want so I guess my bitching is just falling on deaf ears .