It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 8:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:58 pm 
1000 CLUB

Click here for the story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs0 ... id=2727816

Here's the Reader's Digest version (remember yesterday D. McNeil said he was too busy working to answer questions):

"Rex cannot take this team to the Super Bowl, but most of the city knows his crappiness can stop them from going there," said retired 10-year NFL veteran John Jurkovic, part of the "Mac, Jurko and Harry Show" on Chicago's ESPN Radio 1000. "The defense will take them there, the special teams will take them there, but Rex just needs to go along for the ride and quit being a moron."

Jurkovic, a former NFL defensive lineman, couldn't disagree more. He sees the shaky track record of Bears quarterbacks as part of the problem.

"You've been eating soup and broth and beans for the better part of 20 years and all of a sudden you've got a guy who is skirt steak," Jurkovic said. "People think he is filet mignon when in essence all he is is skirt steak.

"What I'd like is a ribeye, a porterhouse, something like that. I don't need a filet mignon, but I would like something a little better than skirt steak. Just because he's the best we've had in 20 years doesn't make him better than he actually is."

Jurkovic's afternoon sports talk show is a perfect microcosm for the arguments taking over this city. While Jurkovic and fellow host Dan McNeil can't stand Grossman and think he's going to drive the franchise into the ground, the third member of the broadcast, Harry Teinowitz, believes Grossman is more than capable of taking the Bears to the Super Bowl.

Mac, Jurko and Harry estimate they've spent more than half the show arguing about Grossman this season. Especially after the preseason, when Teinowitz bet his two co-hosts $2,000 that Grossman would start all 16 games for the Bears this year. Jurkovic and McNeil still can't believe they lost the bet and made Teinowitz earn his money. Jurkovic paid him with 300 pounds of change, filled to the brim of a water cooler jug, while McNeil paid the bet in wads of singles and fives.

"Say what you will, but Rex has gotten them this far," Teinowitz said. "When they said he wouldn't play every game, I laughed. So now that they say he can't take them to the Super Bowl, I laugh even harder."

"Whatever," Jurkovic says. "He's a mediocre quarterback. That's all he is."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:06 pm 

I think Rex is a bit closer to Hamburger Helper.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

Looks more like a butt steak on that signature Matt in the Crown...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:13 pm 

I think you're seeing the marriage of tubesteak and rump roast there.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:21 pm 

Linda, dost thou speak with forked tongue when mentioning I was too busy working? Don't make me invite you to "cram it" now. If you want me to walk through my day Wednesday, at the risk of putting all to sleep, I'd be happy to do so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:23 pm 

Mac wrote:
Linda, dost thou speak with forked tongue when mentioning I was too busy working? Don't make me invite you to "cram it" now. If you want me to walk through my day Wednesday, at the risk of putting all to sleep, I'd be happy to do so.

I'll help

5:00 p.m. - slander good dolphin :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mac wrote:

Hiiiiiii Macccccyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!! What's up baby???

You said yesterday that when W. Drehs asked for your opinion, you said, "Yeah, what J. Jurko said!" because you were too busy working. No?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

All that is true, Nas. But no amount of experience can compensate for ignorance in any line of work, let alone NFL QB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
I just had to go down the dial. I have had enough of Harry's verbal fellatio of Rex.

<ยบ)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:25 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
i have no problem with skirt steaks. they're the best when in tacos and burritos.

no, didnt type gaay. i actually meant the tasty mexican cuisine.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:38 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Jurko is dead on with calling him skirt steak.
It is a cheap cut of beef that is 104.3 delicious when cooked and served properly.
But turns into 0.0 shoe leather when prepared improperly.

I just want him to not be bad this Sunday, that's all.