It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:11 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
maybe that fall from the quigley's stage will knock some sense into jurko :p

dont care what rex shows up next week...dont care how ugly it is next week. just WIN!

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject: Re: Mac & Jurko
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

Nas wrote:
What do you think about Rex now. He won the game for the Bears. You guys should bow to Harry

Rex played a good game, but I though the defense won the game. How many 3rd and short's did Seattle not get the 1st down on ? They struggled some the first three quarters, but come 4th quarter/OT, the Bears defense played at a Championship level.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Marinos-EGV
Nas wrote:
What do you think about Rex now. He won the game for the Bears. You guys should bow to Harry

That cute little fumble as he was backpeddling 20 yards away from the line helped a lot. If he turns his back on the line of scrimmage once more, I'm gonna kill him. When they blitz or break through the protection, throw the f'er away immediately, not after you backpeddle and spin a few times.

He played pretty well, but he certainly did not win the game for them.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 6:05 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Freezer.
Nas wrote:

I was worried about his line, and their missed blocking assignments.

I was pleasantly surprised with the TD at end of the half.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:26 pm 

The bears won the game in spite of grossman, not because of him

That pass to Davis was impressive, but second half, he was not good

lets look at the drives

punt

pick

punt

fg

punt

fg

I just hope we play the patriots in the super bowl and kick Belicheck in the sack

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:41 pm 

sabu wrote:

lets look at the drives

punt

pick

punt

fg

punt

fg

I just hope we play the patriots in the super bowl and kick Belicheck in the sack

Good thing they play two halves. Let me guess: you're one of them "glass half empty" guys, aren't you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

the defense did not play all that well. they won today more because of the running game and rex than anything else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Quote:
Rex played a good game, but I though the defense won the game.

Wow. You must have been in the pisser everytime they gave up a run for 12 yards on first down (small bladder? It happened a lot). Or a 14 yard TD run on 3rd and 10. And it seems you missed the several failed arm tackles they attempted. Not to mention the 24 points they gave up.

They came up big in a few spots, but came up very, very small in most others.

I shudder to think what's going to happen to them when they face not one, but two good RBs in the same game (at the same time), with a solid QB to boot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
the defense did not play all that well. they won today more because of the running game and rex than anything else.

I agree with you for about 3 quarters, but in that 4th quarter, they made a lot of BIG stops on 3rd and shorts.

I believe it was the defense that gave us the opportunity to win this game. They stepped up down the stretch, got the stops, and got the ball back to the offense.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

Killer V wrote:
Quote:
Rex played a good game, but I though the defense won the game.

Wow. You must have been in the pisser everytime they gave up a run for 12 yards on first down (small bladder? It happened a lot). Or a 14 yard TD run on 3rd and 10. And it seems you missed the several failed arm tackles they attempted. Not to mention the 24 points they gave up.

They came up big in a few spots, but came up very, very small in most others.

I shudder to think what's going to happen to them when they face not one, but two good RBs in the same game (at the same time), with a solid QB to boot.

They came up in a few spots ????? Watch the 4th quarter again.

I'm not claiming they played a great game, and there's no doubt that the defense had it's struggles in the first three quarters. 24 points allowed ,(although 7 of them came on a short field), but how many times did the Bears stop Seattle on 3rd and 1/2 yards, 4th and 1 (with 2:00 to go) in the 4th and OT ??????

That's the key to the game right there. If they don't stop them, Seattle is going to get a FG opportunity.

This isn't a rip on anyone else either - Rex played a good game, the run game was solid as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:30 pm 

Rex played well today, not great, but bad Rex could of lost the fame for them and I will take this Rex anyday.

The special team coverage of Kickoffs and punts today was awful and that hurt the Defense, so if that improves, things should be better next week.

My favorite play of the game today was when Benson blocked that fat slob and sent him flying up in the air and he landed on his back, classic.

For some reason, I just feel the Bears are going to spank the Saints, outdoor game is going to slow them down a bit and I think the D comes up with 2 td's.....

Bears -35

Saints - 10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 pm 

Bulldog Scott wrote:
sabu wrote:

lets look at the drives

punt

pick

punt

fg

punt

fg

Good thing they play two halves. Let me guess: you're one of them "glass half empty" guys, aren't you?

Not really, I think Rex needs more time to develop, unfortuntely the economics of the game mean that we will develop him, and not be able to pay him and he can become someone elses's starting quarterback.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

The offense of New Orleans is strong and will have to be shut down somwehat. Rex sometimes thinks he's Dan Moreno. I'm surprised more defenses dont rushjust three guys and let him force passes or run. He's fragile and makes bad decisions. I'd blitz him less.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Belvidere wrote:
The offense of New Orleans is strong and will have to be shut down somwehat. Rex sometimes thinks he's Dan Moreno. I'm surprised more defenses dont rushjust three guys and let him force passes or run. He's fragile and makes bad decisions. I'd blitz him less.

The reason he makes bad decisions, in a lot of situations, is due to the blitzes that forces him to make quick decisions, and throw the ball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:56 pm 
100000 CLUB

RodeoVann wrote:
My favorite play of the game today was when Benson blocked that fat slob and sent him flying up in the air and he landed on his back, classic.

CedBed upended Holmgren?!

Wow, I must have missed that play ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:27 pm 

Mr. Belvidere wrote:
Rex sometimes thinks he's Dan Moreno.

Is that Moses's brother?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:28 pm 

Nas wrote:
Jurko will be on the final word if anyone cares

Did you see him??? He needs to make a trip to John Chico's Mens Wear...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

No. Give Jurk credit. He became a billboard for the station. Alot of people watch the Final Word. Jurk I think the station owes you a couple grand for that advertisement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:31 am 
1000 CLUB

I agree BD. I'd never blitz him on third and long. Thats what I meant.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 5:31 am 
1000 CLUB

Let's be honest.... Seattle lost the game more than the Bears won the game. Quite a few boneheaded calls by Mike HomeGrown, and piss poor plays by Hasselbeck. What about that stupid MFin' guy trying to get the Bears to jump offsides on the field goal attempt?

Did Lovie Smith tell the Bears that the 3rd quarter didn't matter, because that is the only quarter imho where the Seahawks clearly outplayed the Bears.

The Bears got EVERY break in this game and it still took them to overtime to put away the Seahawks, despite their depleted secondary.

I'm sure Harry will give us a healthy dose of "Robbie Gould" love today.

Hester and Grossman almost lost the game for us with their various bobbles/fumbles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:36 am 

The Gridiron Assassin wrote:
Did Lovie Smith tell the Bears that the 3rd quarter didn't matter, because that is the only quarter imho where the Seahawks clearly outplayed the Bears.

I've always thought the sign of a great coach is how a team plays in the third quarter.

I'm very troubled heading into next sunday, but it has nothing to do with Rex. Anyone who had a problem with the way Rex played should have his head examined...and then be forced to look at the 3 pick games tossed by the NFL's two best QBs during these playoffs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:52 am 

Nas wrote:
I would love to know how Grossman almost lost the game for the Bears. He only led them down the field for the tying FG in regulation and the game winner in overtime. The game might have been out of reach if Moose and Berrian decided to hold onto the ball. Grossman's fumble was stupid because he should have protected the ball and taken a sack but he still played a good game. Why did they pass the ball 3 times on their last possession in regulation?

I had a couple of douchebag of the week's ready to go if they lost that game. Your running game is grinding the Seahawks down in the second half. This is the second week that has happened as the Cowboys did the same thing. You have a short field to work with and ample time to run your plays...and you choose to throw short passes. Thanks Ron Turner.

Mushin Muhammed, how dare you say anything derogatory about anyone on the Bears. You are not, nor are you viewed as, a leader. You have stolen money for two years now for possession receiver numbers. Don't give your opinions to the media on Rex. Give us your opinions on why you made key drops on passes in the playoffs for a second consecutive year. Do you have another mysterious broken hand that you don't want to talk about...until it is available as a convenient excuse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:23 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Does Mac live in Crown Point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:27 pm 

Nas wrote:
Mac not every pass will be thrown perfectly even by Rex Grossman but when a pass hits you in both hands and you bobble it that is not the quarterbacks fault. You are the only person that I've heard that said the interception was Rex fault. It's quite obvious why. You are like a lot of Bear fans. You want the team to win but you want Rex to suck. The Bears will play next week because of Rex not in spite of him.

I don't know why they would absolve the WR from any resposibility from doing the job they are paid to do. I would expect any guy with reasonable speed off the street to catch a ball placed perfectly in his hands. A professional WR should be able to do a little more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:32 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
It's good to hear the New Orleans angst in full flame. I remember thinking how impressed I was with the Saints as I was watching that game when they were losing 21-13 at home to Jeff Garcia and the Eagles.

Apparently, I didn't get the memo about how much more impressive their 27-24 win over the Eagles was than the Bears 27-24 win over the 'Hawks. Apparently we will all need to bow down to the Saints as they come here next weekend to destroy us on their way to Miami.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

The pass to Moose was not perfect, but it was very catchable. Two hands on it; shoulda been caught. And besides, how many passes that most NFL QBs throw are perfect? NFL wideouts are supposed to hold on to catchable balls.

If you want to trash Rex, there were several other plays worthy of criticism. I'd point to his habit of throwing the ball to nobody in particular when under pressure. He was lucky a few other balls weren't picked yesterday. He also has a habit of turning his back to pressure, trying to run away from it, and too often fumbling the ball at first contact. Grossman isn't going to evade any pass rusher bearing down on him. Sometimes he might be better off pulling a Peyton and just protecting the ball, curling into the fetal position and taking a sack. His zeal to make a play has led to several fumbles...and did yesterday again.

But all that said, they WON the game. Rex made several plays when needed. Had Seattle converted that last fourth down at midfield and gone on to kick a game-winning field goal, the loss would have been on the defense and their inability to stop the run when it mattered...not on Grossman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:45 pm 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
It's good to hear the New Orleans angst in full flame.

Guh?

I think both wins were equally impressive - but we had to face a hotter team than you guys did coming in. That's all I'll say.

Both our defenses gave up some plays that left you scratching your head. But we've done it consistently all year (you hearing me, Joe Theismann?) whereas it's more uncharacteristic for the Bears defense to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:47 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yea, I don't think anyone is going to tell you the Seahawks win is more impressive than the Eagles one. However none of this matters. Sunday dictates all.