It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:16 am 

pizza_Place: Lucano's
The only controversy involving Carm I can recall is years ago when Chairman Reinsdorf feigned indignance at some innocuous question or statement either he or Silvy made. Uncle Jerry told them they "wouldn't get another bite of the apple." I don't remember exactly what was said, but even at the time, I thought Reinsdorf overreacted almost to the point where he was just trying to start something to show how powerful he is.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:30 am 

they were having him about the white sox. reinsdorf thought it was just a PR fluff piece, and silvy started in with questions about the bulls and he started getting uncomfortable. then finally he said "well i hope you enjoyed my time because i'm never coming back on this show". silvy was the most defensive about his line of questioning, with carmen backing him up. i remember listening to it as it happened and it's one of the big reasons i miss that show.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
Silvy's a good interviewer. He asks tough questions, but they're legitimate and he isn't a dick about it. Vinny del Negro (and the Chairman) would probably disagree, though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
W_Z wrote:
they were having him about the white sox. reinsdorf thought it was just a PR fluff piece, and silvy started in with questions about the bulls and he started getting uncomfortable. then finally he said "well i hope you enjoyed my time because i'm never coming back on this show". silvy was the most defensive about his line of questioning, with carmen backing him up. i remember listening to it as it happened and it's one of the big reasons i miss that show.

Correct, they then came back to Jerrys office on their knees begging forgiveness....

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 2:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Barnaby's
Ed_from_Lisle wrote:
The only controversy involving Carm I can recall is years ago when Chairman Reinsdorf feigned indignance at some innocuous question or statement either he or Silvy made. Uncle Jerry told them they "wouldn't get another bite of the apple." I don't remember exactly what was said, but even at the time, I thought Reinsdorf overreacted almost to the point where he was just trying to start something to show how powerful he is.

I thought it was rather curious considering how Jerry Reinsdorf had raised no such objections when his pal Mike North had asked him similar questions at the time on North's morning show.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Just a thought. If and when Finfer is finally announced as the 3rd wheel (Still don't get the what's taking so long. Do it or don't do it at this point.), wouldn't you think JD would be pissed? He's been doing the Bears beat for what? 10 years now. He's been a loyal ESPN soldier. I'm sure he thinks he deserves the promotion to Full time talk show host. Certainly over Finfer since he was ahead of Finfer when Finfer was at ESPN. Gotta be more money and it's easier hours.

But JD is pretty much the same as Carmen. Boring and safe. Talks without saying anything.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
JD was filling in for Freddy Coleman's national show recently. Probably holding out for more than third wheel on a terrible local show.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 8:41 pm 

Finfer appears to be WMVP's new hockey expert. I put 1000 on in the car during the 1st period intermission and Freddie Huebner deferred to Finfer for the 1st period analysis. Ben's also taking calls after the game. Take that Zawaski.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Gioacchino's
I like listening to Fred.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:01 pm 

Zizou wrote:
Finfer appears to be WMVP's new hockey expert. I put 1000 on in the car during the 1st period intermission and Freddie Huebner deferred to Finfer for the 1st period analysis. Ben's also taking calls after the game. Take that Zawaski.

zawaski's an ass. and has an incredibly annoying voice.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Salernos, Oak Park
W_Z wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Really? I like Jay Z alot. He's a regular Joe who is likable & is passionate about Hockey.

We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much. — Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:17 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
Scorehead wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Really? I like Jay Z alot. He's a regular Joe who is likable & is passionate about Hockey.

Agreed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:35 pm 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
Scorehead wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Ditto

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:58 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
And he is a Viking alum to boot. 8)

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:50 pm 

W_Z wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Sure you are not thinking of Ostrowski? He sounds like a pud. Or Shepkowski? Shep sounds more bland than annoying. Zawaski is alright. He doesn't annoy me and that's quite rare in a WSCR host.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:12 pm 

Spaulding wrote:
I thought he was great with Silvy. Okay with JD or Hood sometimes.

I think Hood brings out the best in Carmen. They have a good rapport and Hood seems to loosen him up.

It has to be tough to partner w/ Jurko. Some days he's engaged and contributes freely, other days he is mailing it in. How did Jurko become Mr. Teflon?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:00 pm 

Zizou wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Zizou wrote:

Sure you are not thinking of Ostrowski? He sounds like a pud. Or Shepkowski? Shep sounds more bland than annoying. Zawaski is alright. He doesn't annoy me and that's quite rare in a WSCR host.

all are bad. all will be dined upon by the goblins.