It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sources
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Carm, talking about texting NBA scout last night. Jurko jumps in asking if its a real guy? Because the other station likes to make up sources like Casper !!!!

Like it!

Post subject: Re: Sources
PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:45 am 

pizza_Place: Great American
I know the long held belief is that the Score is a better station than 1000 but that really hasn't been the case for a long time. The Score has more personality but does it really matter if that personality is repellant? The quality of the sports thoughts on either station is the same.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:52 am 

pizza_Place: Warren Buffet of Cock
The Score had several advantages:

1) It is hyper local both in terms of its sports focus and its hosts.
2) The hosts were generally more free flowing and less (ESPN) corporate in nature. It didn't feel like you were watching the Sportscenter loop.
3) They did a good job of taking callers and soundbites, and making inside jokes that made you feel a part of the station. "By cracky".

The product is garbage now. I tolerate Spiegs/Goff, but it is really vanilla. M&H have grown on me, but these guys aren't world beaters. I can't listen to anything past 1:00. The fact that I have been breaking to Dan Patrick and ESPN 1000 is a good indication that this station has lost it. I honestly can't stand the national scene, and the ESPN hosts couldn't be more bland.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:55 am 

Morning show is the difference. if you want your local news, you cant tune in to Mike and Mike. WSCR has a huge edge right there.

Except when North was there...lol...he said it made it impossible to beat ESPN because of that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Positanos on 55th Street
bigfan wrote:
Morning show is the difference. if you want your local news, you cant tune in to Mike and Mike. WSCR has a huge edge right there.

Except when North was there...lol...he said it made it impossible to beat ESPN because of that.

Mike North wrote:
Billboards......

And now we welcome in Connie Stevens.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
bigfan wrote:

Exactly - especially after a big local sports day/night/event.

I can't remember the last time The Score seemed to be this "vulnerable" to be ate up by competition. Maybe "the cows have finally come back to roost"? :wink:

Rudeness, fake sources, idiocy, bland hosts, etc.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm 

bigfan wrote:

Mike and Mike represent everything that is wrong with ESPN. Greenie's bad teases, sheets of integrity, fake arguments with hosts on opposite sides, Top 10 lists of nothing important.

And you are dead on. I want to hear about the reaction to the local game(s) the day/night before. You can't get that with ESPN. They'll be talking about some blown call in the Giants game.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:04 pm 

Godfella wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Exactly - especially after a big local sports day/night/event.

I can't remember the last time The Score seemed to be this "vulnerable" to be ate up by competition. Maybe "the cows have finally come back to roost"? :wink:

Rudeness, fake sources, idiocy, bland hosts, etc.

This is it in a nutshell. On every level they have failed to entertain.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Great American
bigfan wrote:

Yes M&H have the advantage of actually being in Chicago and they're certainly more affable than the rest of their co-workers but again, the quality of the sports thoughts are no better. And after 9am the Score is just a big bag of assholes.

Mac FM wrote:
Did somebody say grass?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Luigi's
One of the most recent and biggest "WTF Happened to The Score?!?" moment was a few weeks back when Speigs was continually wanting to talk about his toddler son taking a bath. :shock:

Thankfully, Goff kept cutting him off and finally put an end to the subject.

It seems that there really isn't a host that has captured the listener enough to have us care about their personal lives/stories. Even if we did, NOBODY wants to hear the Speigs story mentioned above. That was a turning point for me.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:31 pm 

denisdman wrote:
bigfan wrote:

Mike and Mike represent everything that is wrong with ESPN. Greenie's bad teases, sheets of integrity, fake arguments with hosts on opposite sides, Top 10 lists of nothing important.

And you are dead on. I want to hear about the reaction to the local game(s) the day/night before. You can't get that with ESPN. They'll be talking about some blown call in the Giants game.

I know we want to talk Bears, but if you have a station in new Mexico and you can get top national guests on a show by flipping a switch...there ya go. Plus they do cater to the east coast, and a few people live there.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I am sure he was pointing a finger mostly at Bernstein .... He of many " Casper " sources....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:43 pm 

pizza_Place: Drag's
Godfella wrote:
One of the most recent and biggest "WTF Happened to The Score?!?" moment was a few weeks back when Speigs was continually wanting to talk about his toddler son taking a bath. :shock:

It seems that there really isn't a host that has captured the listener enough to have us care about their personal lives/stories. Even if we did, NOBODY wants to hear the Speigs story mentioned above. That was a turning point for me.

I once read this book called Coin Locker Babies that opened with a Japanese mother fellating her infant son to calm him down. I think that's a thing in Japan. Speigel might want to know that.

"Smiles with Nostrils"

"...no Hmong, go find some blacks"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 2:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
DannyB wrote:
Godfella wrote:

I once read this book called Coin Locker Babies that opened with a Japanese mother fellating her infant son to calm him down. I think that's a thing in Japan. Speigel might want to know that.

I certainly didn't want to know that.

*new LoHo section * mods learn how to merge topics * allow mods to be added to foes list * move fragility topics from DB/Shoutouts to Politics *