It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Golic and Wingo
PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:37 am 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
As a guy whose first choice was M/M in the Morning over the local chucklefest, I am so disappointed in Golic/Wingo. I can't get into it at all, and when I work days I get Jr's show before on the drive into work- solo he can't get enough words in-I'm struggling to see why he needs to be included. Those trombone piss me off every time I hear them.

I've gone to listening to the micro-local broadcast over here, it's sub-college-radio amateur, but I can call in and get on air with thoughts unscreened and keep up with the high school sports that I find more interesting than NBA anyways.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 3:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's
I can't think of anyone on the radio who loves the sound of his own voice more than Mike Golic, Jr. Maybe Parkins, but he's still in second place behind Golic, Jr.

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: 1. Aurelio's 2. Pizano's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I can't think of anyone on the radio who loves the sound of his own voice more than Mike Golic, Jr. Maybe Parkins, but he's still in second place behind Golic, Jr.

Laurence Holmes
/thread

2. Proper response would be to ask an endless series of follow ups until the person regrets having spoken to you in the first place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:57 am 

I could have sworn the addition of Jason Fitz to this show was mentioned in another thread, but I can't find it. He does updates and reads "What's Trending" in a spazzy, animated voice because I guess one of the other three people already on the show can't do that. :?

I have been listening to Dan Patrick if I want sports talk in the morning because my only other option is listening to Mulligan yell and Brad Biggs mumbling while lying on his couch trying to eat four beef 'n cheddars through his CPAP mask.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:01 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Tad Queasy wrote:
I could have sworn the addition of Jason Fitz to this show was mentioned in another thread, but I can't find it. He does updates and reads "What's Trending" in a spazzy, animated voice because I guess one of the other three people already on the show can't do that. :?

I have been listening to Dan Patrick if I want sports talk in the morning because my only other option is listening to Mulligan yell and Brad Biggs mumbling while lying on his couch trying to eat four beef 'n cheddars through his CPAP mask.

Try Lebatard. .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:33 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Tad Queasy wrote:

Try Lebatard. .

I've tried to listen when they replay the show at 10:00 PM on AM1000. Maybe I would like it if I were younger, but I don't find them entertaining or interesting enough to listen to them fuck around and talk about nothing. Plus, Stu Gotz's irritating, near-constant "eh-eh-eh-eh" laughing in the background is awful. His laugh is as bad as Brett Sommers' was on the original Match Game.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
ESPN is replacing “Golic & Wingo” in the mornings with a program likely centered around (Keyshawn) Johnson and (Jay) Williams with (Zubin) Mehenti the point guard, according to sources. ESPN is currently negotiating to make it happen. ESPN already announced that Johnson is joining its daily “NFL Live” program, meaning he is moving east from Los Angeles, where he currently is on local ESPN Radio.

Replacing a terrible show with a woke terrible show. They really screwed the pooch busting Golic and Greenberg up.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:11 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
badrogue17 wrote:
ESPN is replacing “Golic & Wingo” in the mornings with a program likely centered around (Keyshawn) Johnson and (Jay) Williams with (Zubin) Mehenti the point guard, according to sources. ESPN is currently negotiating to make it happen. ESPN already announced that Johnson is joining its daily “NFL Live” program, meaning he is moving east from Los Angeles, where he currently is on local ESPN Radio.

Replacing a terrible show with a woke terrible show. They really screwed the pooch busting Golic and Greenberg up.

They did. That show was decent during football season. But isn't Greenberg the one who wanted out to do that stupid TV show?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:17 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

They did. That show was decent during football season. But isn't Greenberg the one who wanted out to do that stupid TV show?

I listened. It always was better than whatever the Score had going on.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:18 pm 

Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Couldve been. Shouldve stayed in his lane, though the morning show failure hasnt affected him at all. Got big bucks to do it and will continue to make big bucks now. New lineup.

Keyshawn, Jay, and Zubin — 6:00 – 10:00 a.m.

The Dan Le Batard Show — 10 – 12 p.m.

The Mike Greenberg Show 12 – 2 p.m.

The Max Kellerman Show — 2 – 4 p.m.

Chiney and Golic Jr. — 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.

Spain and Fitz — 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Coleman and Fitzsimmons — 9:00 p.m. 1:00 a.m.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: world famous
So Golic is out? Sucks for him.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:19 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Golic on the shelf I guess.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Golic Sr had a hell of run. I was hoping that the rumors about David Jacoby joining would turn out to be true.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:32 pm 

Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
I was hoping that the rumors about David Jacoby joining would turn out to be true.

Eaglo wrote:
Loved his Hamlet !!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's
Golic and Greenberg despised each other well before the show ended.

-Hank Kingsley

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Furious Styles wrote:
Golic and Greenberg despised each other well before the show ended.

Yes it was bad,, uncomfortable radio in the end.

This shakeup is better.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:14 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
i wonder what will happen to Wingo and Golic (the guys).

I would be interested to hear the Kellerman show. I like him.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 am 

pizza_Place: Passero's
badrogue17 wrote:

so is this how u view it? a "woke" show?

Stop saying woke. It's dumb. Shut the fuck up.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: Generic Pizza Store
whistler wrote:
i wonder what will happen to Wingo and Golic (the guys).

I would be interested to hear the Kellerman show. I like him.

wingo's longtime dream is to run CLTV... so there's that

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:03 pm 

Interesting footnote.

ESPN announced their new radio lineup this week. Notably, Golic & Wingo is getting replaced by Zubin Mehenti, Keyshawn Johnson, and Jay Williams. This means Mike Golic’s 20-year run in the mornings on ESPN Radio is coming to an end in the next month. The news on Mehenti, Johnson, and Williams was first reported by the New York Post.

With Mike Greenberg getting a new radio show in afternoons, one Twitter user asked Mike Golic’s wife, Christine, about a potential Mike & Mike reunion. To this she replied that her Mike pitched this idea to ESPN, which said no:

An ESPN spokesperson declined to comment about this tweet thread.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Pasaro's, St. Joe, MI.
badrogue17 wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

Couldve been. Shouldve stayed in his lane, though the morning show failure hasnt affected him at all. Got big bucks to do it and will continue to make big bucks now. New lineup.

Keyshawn, Jay, and Zubin — 6:00 – 10:00 a.m.

The Dan Le Batard Show — 10 – 12 p.m.

The Mike Greenberg Show 12 – 2 p.m.

The Max Kellerman Show — 2 – 4 p.m.

Chiney and Golic Jr. — 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.

Spain and Fitz — 7:00-9:00 p.m.

Coleman and Fitzsimmons — 9:00 p.m. 1:00 a.m.

Wow- the Schedule of Bad. Not one show I would seek out and several I will run from (see:4P-1A)

I can only take small doses of LeBetard, and even less of StuGotz. I get the show, just don't like the show.

I suppose that 20 years out of the NFL has rendered much of Golic Sr's experiences less relevant, and a high salary requirement makes him an easy replacement

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Keyshawn retired in 2006.

Golic's act is tiring.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: 773-684-2222
Nardi wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I liked Mully and Hanley.

Blago: https://youtube.com/shorts/Lftdxd-YXt8?feature=share

"You can’t love your country only when you win." -President Biden

https://youtu.be/R6e4ruziZBI?si=1G4W1vbh0eGQuHfU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:50 pm 

Yeah given the choice when I was in the car it was Mully and Hanley 10x out of 10

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I rarely listen to DLB live. When there are sports, i get the podcast subscription and i will listen to the first hour at night probably twice a week. When I was flying, I'd often download all three hours (so about 100 minutes total edited time) and that fit perfectly for an evening flight from Chicago to the east coast. And if I fell asleep, so what...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: What??
Nas wrote:
Nardi wrote:
Franky T wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:

I liked Mully and Hanley.

Too much Bears talk. Obviously, that's a me problem. I liked Bernstein and Goff for basketball and I liked Parkins and Spiegel for baseball. Mike and Mike did a lot of big name interviews which I liked and I enjoyed Golic getting under Greenburg's skin.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:14 pm 

pizza_Place: zzzzzz
I used to listen to Mike and Mike at the start of their run but Golic just wore on me over the years. He's not interesting, insightful, or funny and gives the stereotypical ex-jock outlook on everything. I always liked Greenberg and wished he had a show without the constraints of ESPN.

That lineup does nothing for me. I'll listen to non-sports podcasts before listening to any of them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:21 pm 

Not a listener, but hopefully Jay Williams gets fired soon. Aside from the assclowns Jason Whitlock and Will Cain, there's been no one in sports media I've thought less than besides the prick that is Jay Williams.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Marie's
Regular Reader wrote:
Not a listener, but hopefully Jay Williams gets fired soon. Aside from the assclowns Jason Whitlock and Will Cain, there's been no one in sports media I've thought less than besides the prick that is Jay Williams.

Snowflake.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:58 pm 

Phil Leotardo wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:

Snowflake.

Wanna try again to make sense asswipe?