It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Per Sean McEvily, "So Grobber announces that at 8am, there will be a special announcement."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
newper wrote:
Per Sean McEvily, "So Grobber announces that at 8am, there will be a special announcement."

And that he won't talk about it nor take any calls regarding it. Which of course it not surprising, but darn.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:47 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I hope this isn't the end of our Grobber.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
If they dump Les might have to dump the Score. Zack Zaidman on the Cubs broadcast was almost enough for me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Curious Hair wrote:
I hope this isn't the end of our Grobber.

That would def be a downer. Les is an institution.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:59 pm 

I said this weeks ago, but Larry is going to overnights.

And wrong section.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
I'm guessing Les is going nowhere. I thought Les was personally brought back by Mitch years ago?

Besides, nobody wants to return to the dark ages of national radio overnight filth. I'd much rather always have the immortal comfort of Les referencing antiquated 90s obscura, harkening to various 70s/80s sports moments with frightening accuracy, and speaking with crank-swollen truckers with the patient tones mastered better by only Mr. Rogers and Carl Sagan.

So what if he fucks up explaining the 3 technique and leaves unflushed shits on occasion? The man generates audio drops and keeps overnights local. Fuck, and you gotta think that they're paying him a pittance. Likely part of his salary is a bi-monthly rooting through one of a series of storage units all filled to the brim with 1970s Northwestern basketball programs.

This has got to be the lineup shift and Bernstein will do his thing afterward. Mitch may come on and say a few things about the Score audience, wave a #MAGA hat around the video stream to assuage the bulwark of Facebook racists, and assure everyone that they're sticking to sports forevermore.

Last edited by Dewskie on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 pm 

why would this announcement have anything to do with Les? He has not been mentioned at all and he is on the air today unlike others let go.

I assume it is an announcement of the new lineup and/or when the lineup will be on the air.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Boni Vino
I’d love to hear Les go back to updates and various remotes during the day. His interactions with the Heavy Fuel Crew were gold.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:04 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
He's going to announce he prefers fruity pebbles over cocoa pebbles.

Just like everyone else.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:13 pm 

pizza_Place: *
Darkside wrote:

Just like everyone else.

No traces of you, what can I do?
Alone and confused

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:14 pm 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darkside wrote:

Just like everyone else.

Les would add that he remembers for a short time circa 1992, there were also Dino Pebbles, which featured marshmallows shaped like Dino the Dinosaur, from, you know, the Jetsons.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Oh I'm sorry but, there's no one on the line
Darkside wrote:

I much prefer cocoa pebbles... I think MANY agree with me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:29 pm 

pizza_Place: World Famous Pizza
Dewskie wrote:
I'm guessing Les is going nowhere. I thought Les was personally brought back by Mitch years ago?

Besides, nobody wants to return to the dark ages of national radio overnight filth. I'd much rather always have the immortal comfort of Les referencing antiquated 90s obscura, harkening to various 70s/80s sports moments with frightening accuracy, and speaking with crank-swollen truckers with the patient tones mastered better by only Mr. Rogers and Carl Sagan.

So what if he fucks up explaining the 3 technique and leaves unflushed shits on occasion? The man generates audio drops and keeps overnights local. Fuck, and you gotta think that they're paying him a pittance. Likely part of his salary is a bi-monthly rooting through one of a series of storage units all filled to the brim with 1970s Northwestern basketball programs.

This has got to be the lineup shift and Bernstein will do his thing afterward. Mitch may come on and say a few things about the Score audience, wave a #MAGA hat around the video stream to assuage the bulwark of Facebook racists, and assure everyone that they're sticking to sports forevermore.

This post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Palermo's 95th
SpiralStairs wrote:
Dewskie wrote:

This post

grahtzee

and bon journo