It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 8:45 am 

wow..... so my radio was on the frits this morning and I was stuck listening to Mike and Mike.......... After they ramble on about the whole Imus thing........

After about a half hr of Mike playing the race card to try and hook listeners... this little radio add/segway starts to play, and i about lost my mind....

The ad was raising the point that Nike and Adidas are racicst because they dont give shoe sponsorships to african american Baseball players, they only give it to Basketball Players...... and thats the reason why the MLB is only about 8% african american......... And that in honor of Jackie Robinson, the Shoe companies should stop being so racisist and give more shoe deals to the african american baseball players......

1st: The reason that there are not that many Baseball Shoe sponsorships in general is that where Air Force Ones can be worn everyday and have some practicality, you are not going to see someone trying to wear a set of cleats to the club on friday night...........

2nd: Flip it, is the reason there are not as many White basketball players is because they give all the soe contracts to the African American players? And so all the white athletes just decide to play baseball instead?
COME ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3rd: The shoe contracts are not was starts kids playing a sport at the age of 3-4 yrs old (The age you normally have to start at to make it to the pro's), it is what they see their friends playing, what their geographical area is into, and what the community programs support.......

ESPN, please take this add off the air as it is ignorant and it looks bad that you are trying to take advantage of the "White vs. Black" issues that have surfaced as of late just to seem socialy active...... how about you look internally, how many african americans do you have? is it because of your sweet apparel you give your employees?

im more ticketd off now than when i started typing... great......