It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mock mcshea (sp)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: home run inn
actually a pretty good segment on todays program....

Nice Guys Finish Last

Thank you,and have a nice day !

Post subject: Re: mock mcshea (sp)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
Year, I heard it again today, and it was still preaty good, I don't even care about what mcshea had to say, I just wanted to hear people ripping him, the best was, "hey Mcshea, Mel Kipper called, his dry cleaning isn't going to pick up itself"

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
Folks, spell his name correctly if you're going to mention him. Get to know Todd McShay from Scouts, Inc., Chicago. Todd will be prominently featured on ESPN & ESPN2's NFL Draft Coverage starting Saturday @ 3p, and the way he's being advertised, he may be phasing out Mel Kiper, Jr. as ESPN's "Draft Expert" full time in the very near future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
:lol:

SHARK has spoken.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:37 pm 

SHARK wrote:
Folks, spell his name correctly if you're going to mention him. Get to know Todd McShay from Scouts, Inc., Chicago. Todd will be prominently featured on ESPN & ESPN2's NFL Draft Coverage starting Saturday @ 3p, and the way he's being advertised, he may be phasing out Mel Kiper, Jr. as ESPN's "Draft Expert" full time in the very near future.

I doubt it, I think that espn likes the feud between the two and the on-air arguments that follow.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:39 pm 

spmack wrote:
:lol:

SHARK has spoken.

He was so pissed he forgot to make the trademard strained physical comparison

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:43 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
SHARK wrote:

I doubt it, I think that espn likes the feud between the two and the on-air arguments that follow.
I disagree with that, Crosscheck. I've noticed in watching the likes of ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNEWS, McShay has been getting the lion's share of airtime in talking about these prospects and Kiper hasn't. I predict Mel Kiper, Jr. & his hair are on borrowed time at ESPN, and I won't be shocked if McShay takes over the role full time. Speaking of "Get to Know Him", SHARK has learned that NFL Network insider Adam Schefter may soon be joining ESPN in the very near future.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 pm 

SHARK wrote:
I disagree with that, Crosscheck. I've noticed in watching the likes of ESPN, ESPN2 and ESPNEWS, McShay has been getting the lion's share of airtime in talking about these prospects and Kiper hasn't. I predict Mel Kiper, Jr. & his hair are on borrowed time at ESPN, and I won't be shocked if McShay takes over the role full time. Speaking of "Get to Know Him", SHARK has learned that NFL Network insider Adam Schefter may soon be joining ESPN in the very near future.

Out of curiosity, would you know why they might be getting rid of Kiper? He's been there forever, and he still seems to know his stuff, especially when evaluating talent that gets drafted in the late rounds.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Paisan's in Cicero
SHARK I think you may want to lay off on the predictions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:00 pm 

crosscheck wrote:
SHARK wrote:

Out of curiosity, would you know why they might be getting rid of Kiper? He's been there forever, and he still seems to know his stuff, especially when evaluating talent that gets drafted in the late rounds.

It's my understanding that it may have to do with Kiper's contract with the network, which may soon be up. I'm not 100% sure how much longer Kiper has left on his current deal, but they really like what McShay brings to the table. Also, I think McShay's younger & maybe cheaper...In broadcasting, that's a combination they like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:26 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Adam Schefter is leaving NFL Network for ESPN, so you may see him involved more too.