It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WAY too much Michael Kim
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:15 am 

pizza_Place: Mushroom
I fully get that the show is programmed for a certain amount of commercial breaks to pay the bills. If you listen on the radio, the sports updates are what.........twice an hour?

But on ESPN2, it's freaking Michael Kim six times an hour. They need to mix the TV breaks up. It used to be too much Sage Steel; now it's Kim. I seriously can't watch the show on TV anymore due to Kim. Heck he's on more than Greenie and Golic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Dino's Pizza
For the record, you're referring to the ESPN2HD simulcast of "Mike & Mike in the Morning" in which you're complaining about Michael Kim, who is normally an ESPNEWS anchor. While it does seem as if Michael's doing "SportsCenter" 6 times an hour, ESPN Radio's on a specific wheel every hour. In plain English, while Greenberg & Golic are in a commercial break on radio, the only thing I can figure is that Kim or other ESPN anchors are constantly keeping viewers informed on the TV side and then taking a much shorter commercial break so that they're as close to being in sync with their radio counterparts. When ESPNEWS used to air the simulcast of "Mike & Mike", you didn't get Michael or Sage Steele, you got the exact same thing as ESPN Radio, complete with "SportsCenters" every 20 minutes provided by the likes of Bob Picozzi, Jon Stashower & others, direct from the ESPN Radio studios. "The Herd with Colin Cowherd", which doesn't air locally, does air on other ESPN Radio outlets across America, and recently started simulcasting on the much lesser-known ESPNU, DIRECTV 614, weekdays 9a-1p, the same hours as "Waddle & Silvy" locally on ESPN 1000.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:46 pm 

Welcome to the board, Craig B. You've just been SHARK'ed. :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:11 pm 

spanky wrote:
Welcome to the board, Craig B. You've just been SHARK'ed. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: It's a badge of honor, Spanky, and let me also extend a welcome to Craig B. to this board.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Mushroom
Hey, what is being "Sharked"? Yeah, I'm new here.

Shark, you are right on the money. I only watch the ESPN2 version (which I pointed out in my original email). I miss the old simulcast days when they were in their small studio and it'd be an exact replica of the radio show, including Bob Picozzi (Sp?) doing the updates.

Anyway, like I said, the updates are just WAY too frequent. I literally can't watch it anymore. Wish they could find something else to put in there. Michael Kim is a good announcer, but "too much of a good thang aint a good thang".

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:18 pm 

Craig B wrote:
Hey, what is being "Sharked"? Yeah, I'm new here.

Shark, you are right on the money. I only watch the ESPN2 version (which I pointed out in my original email). I miss the old simulcast days when they were in their small studio and it'd be an exact replica of the radio show, including Bob Picozzi (Sp?) doing the updates.

Anyway, like I said, the updates are just WAY too frequent. I literally can't watch it anymore. Wish they could find something else to put in there. Michael Kim is a good announcer, but "too much of a good thang aint a good thang".

Craig B., I don't know what being "SHARK"-ed is myself, but I have heard of that Ashton Kutcher celebrity prank show called "Punk'd", which I believe used to air on MTV & MTV2. You can find Ashton pranking celebs & athletes on FOX Reality, DIRECTV 250, weeknights @ 11p, as well as on WCIU 26 "The U" latenights @ 1a Tuesday-Saturday. :wink: By the way, Craig, you actually spelled Bob Picozzi's name correctly. :) As far as I know, Bob still does the national "SportsCenter" updates strictly on ESPN Radio with "Mike & Mike" every 20 minutes...