It is currently Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45518
Location: Darkside Estates
So I usually dial in S&W at 9. I got in early the other morning, 8:54 or so I don't know, and the first frickin thing I hear is Greeny going on about what a dumb fat guy Golic is.
All I could think was jesus, they're still doing that bit? They were going on about it for the final 5 mintues of the show. It made me want to break Greeny's nose.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 6:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:35 pm
Posts: 4896
Location: Division 1 Cook County Jail
pizza_Place: NEW YORK STYLE PEPPERONI FROM LOMBARDI'S IN MANHATTAN.
The only reason I ever listened was because they were an alternative to North.
I have not had them on for months.

_________________
There goes one over the fence..Tru Link Fence..Beauty, Privacy Security....Call Tru Link.
Murph's Union 76 Truck Stop....A great Thanksgiving Tradition!!!!

WOO LIFE!!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:53 pm
Posts: 7771
Location: Gai Paree
pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
It's a pretty good listen on Monday's during the football season, I don't have a chance to watch all the NFL games, but they do a decent job of covering all of the major NFL storylines...

_________________
team Mully & Hanley
team Meatpants


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:18 pm
Posts: 1054
crosscheck wrote:
It's a pretty good listen on Monday's during the football season, I don't have a chance to watch all the NFL games, but they do a decent job of covering all of the major NFL storylines...


I agree - Monday's during the winter is a good listen with the recap of the NFL. Other than that, don't understand how this show became so popular. That mouse is damn good at self-promoting.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:23 pm
Posts: 16580
Location: Between Wonder Woman's Thighs
pizza_Place: Giordano's
LaCoco's
Freddie's
Lina's
Maybe now that Disney bought Marvel (in case you haven't heard...) they'll replace Mike & Mike with Wilson Fisk (aka The Kingpin) and Magneto.

_________________
Χαλάζι Έρις!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:24 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:10 pm
Posts: 3628
Location: NW Burbs
pizza_Place: Old World Pizza in Melrose Park
Colonel Angus wrote:
Maybe now that Disney bought Marvel (in case you haven't heard...) they'll replace Mike & Mike with Wilson Fisk (aka The Kingpin) and Magneto.



Followed by Wolverine and Deadpool from 9-12. :lol:

_________________
Bobby Heenan wrote:
Oh...Eastern Illinois. They contacted me. I didn't take the entrance exam because I had 64 crayons instead of 3. But I loved going through Central Illinois. Watching people on bad cooked up Tide is the best.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:30 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:24 am
Posts: 28601
Location: Around the corner from Only Child Brewing Co
pizza_Place: Gino's East
I haven't been able to listen to them for a few years. Completely stopped one morning when I turned on my radio and the first thing I heard was Dickie V yelling at me. Since then, its been XRT until 9 every day.

_________________
IMU wrote:
I saw the photo of yours. Mine had a much smaller circumference but seemed thicker. Let me post a pic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
I'm watching Sportscenter and for some reason Greeny is hosting.

He just said the phrase "Florida football hero Tim Tebow".

I wonder if when he got into broadcasting if he dreamed of one day being a mindless ESPN mouthpiece.

At least he's collecting a nice paycheck.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:55 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:42 am
Posts: 162
Location: My Double Wide Trailer bitches
pizza_Place: beggers
I agree - Monday's during the winter is a good listen with the recap of the NFL. Other than that, don't understand how this show became so popular. That mouse is damn good at self-promoting.[/quote]


It just goes to show you how many people could not stand North.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:48 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 15, 2006 5:35 pm
Posts: 6248
Location: Crown Point, Indiana (obviously)
I find it amusing that the show has two seemingly-likable guys, but for whatever reason, they instead play characters which are total caricatures of themselves. People eat that shit up? This show is just so corporate, and just about perfectly captures the essence of the sad, decaying shell of ESPN. It's ironic that ESPN's success all but ensured its demise; sadly, I guess that's the way in our society (MTV, I'm looking at you).



Me, I switch back and forth between M&H and this show; I can't decide which one's more likely to be a tough listen on a given day. One thing about M&H, is that just about every time I turn the radio on in the morning, they're talking motherfucking baseball. Every time I hear baseball talk, I want to stab an infant; that shit needs to go away pronto. I mostly just let the 8-9 hour be white noise at my desk.

_________________
You can't see me because of internet.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:06 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:17 am
Posts: 313
Location: LaGrange
mmmmmm Steve Phillipssss...........I bet there is no mention of this, these guys are cowards.

_________________
Blackhawk goal, scored by number 20, Al Secord.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 71671
Sarge wrote:
mmmmmm Steve Phillipssss...........I bet there is no mention of this, these guys are cowards.

what? :lol:

_________________
Now I don't give a fuck if you
Black, White, Asian, Hispanic, goddammit
That don't mean shit to me
Fuck your ethnicity


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 12:17 am
Posts: 313
Location: LaGrange
Hilarious! Reynolds, Salisbury, now Phillips!

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/sns- ... 4006.story

_________________
Blackhawk goal, scored by number 20, Al Secord.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:24 pm
Posts: 233
Location: Chicagoland
My favorite part of the article can be found here at the end.

Phillips is the latest ESPN personality entangled in workplace issues involving alleged misconduct. In 2006, baseball analyst Harold Reynolds was fired after a female intern complained about what he called a "brief and innocuous hug." Reynolds sued and settled with the network last year.

Last year, a judge dismissed a lawsuit filed by a makeup artist who accused hosts Jay Crawford and sports writer Woody Paige of groping and propositioning her on the set of the now-defunct show "Cold Pizza."

___

ESPN is a unit of The Walt Disney Co.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:32 pm
Posts: 11750
pizza_Place: ***
Exclamation Moint wrote:
Deadspin is on fire with outing the ESPN diddlers. Bristol must be shitting their pants. This is awesome.


I disagree:

http://stupidsportsblog.blogspot.com/2009/10/deadspin-acts-in-professional-manner.html

I'm going to quote a lot of this, because it's hilarious, and accurate:

Quote:
However, if you are in the business of printing completely unresearched, unfounded and salacious rumors about the sexual activities of people -- and naming names -- simply because you were scooped on a story because your investigation into a rumor didn't cut it, then you should consider moving into another business. Like perhaps a writer at US Weekly?

Because that's exactly what Deadspin did Wednesday after the New York Post broke the story about ESPN baseball analyst Steve Phillips and his affair with an ESPN employee, Brooke Hundley. The Post had PDFs of Hundley's psychotic letters to Phillips' wife and had the news of his one-week suspension from the network.

Enter sour grapes and bitterness.

As A.J. Daulerio explains in his post that served as both a warning to the employees of ESPN that every rumor in Deadspin's inbox was about to be published and a nice platform for stomping his feet and crying, he's got every right in the world to do it. Why?

On September 9, we received a tip. Subject: "S. Phillips." The contents? "Rumor winding it's way around the hallowed halls of the WWL is that Steve Phillips is getting canned tomorrow for an offense on par with Harold Reynold's misdeed."

After a call to ESPN public relations department asking about the "rumor" I was told that "I would be wrong" to print that story because it was inaccurate. Fine. I would have been. But natural follow-up question to these types of rumors, as per give-and-take protocol, is well, what's the real story then? Was there an incident with Phillips that Baseball Tonight people are concerned about? However I was summarily nothing-to-see-here-please-dispersed.

Breaking news: That's what PR departments do. To sum up that part, he called ESPN's public relations department, who told him his story was inaccurate, which it was. And in a shocking follow-up to that, ESPN's PR department didn't voluntarily admit to Deadspin's editor that there was a different story about Steve Phillips banging an employee. The nerve!

So since Daulerio's "digging" into this story of one call to ESPN didn't turn up the truth, he felt he was wronged by ESPN and it was time to lay into them. I'm not sure what the analogy is here to make people understand how crazy this line of thinking is, but imagine you own a company. We'll call it USPN. Another company, Fredspin, does nothing but bash you all the time. Now, a USPN employee, Sleeve Pullups, is in trouble for sleeping with another USPN employee. Are you just going to divulge this information to Fredspin?

I don't know much about much, but being stonewalled by a company's PR department is hardly grounds for losing one's mind and feeling scorned. And that's what led to this:

And since the tenuous connection between rumor and fact for accuracy's sake has been a little eroded here, well, it's probably about time to just unload the inbox of all the sordid rumors we've received over the years about various ESPN employees. Chances are, at this point, there's some truth to them.

You have to love the gallons of self-importance mixed with a dollop of justification for printing these rumors in this post. "Well, this one story that I put one phone call's worth of work into, then forgot about for a few months turned out to be true, so maybe these will too. Let's unload'em!"

That of course led to the pair of irresponsible posts that had more bitterness than your morning grapefuit. Radio guy Erik Kuselias wanted to have sex with someone. Senior VP Katie Lacey (who?) allegedly slept her way to the top. I mean, just wow. A juicy rumor about Katie Lacey! Don't hold back! This is totally newsworthy!

I suggest you read these posts and enjoy the lack of facts any of them have. Basically, someone sent Deadspin an e-mail accusing someone at ESPN of having some sexual indiscretions, and Deadspin printed it. And they only printed them because Daulerio was upset with his treatment by ESPN. The timeline:

1) 2006-2009: Inbox flooded with rumors about ESPN employees' sexcapades.
2) 2006-2009: Company policy is never delete them, never do any investigating into them, but don't publish them, because we're not going to do that to those people.
3) August 2009: "Hello, ESPN? Hey, it's A.J. Is Steve Phillips getting fired for doing Harold Reynolds-esque stuff? No? Anything else? No? Kthanksbye!"
4) October 2009: Daulerio spits out his pumpkin latte when he reads the Phillips story in the New York Post. He arrives at work and decides it is now OK to print those old rumors since the one about Steve Phillips, which actually wasn't true if you recall, since ESPN didn't tell him about the real Steve Phillips story.

Journalism!

If you're looking to ruin someone's life, I suggest you set up a fake e-mail account and e-mail Deadspin with a tasty sex rumor about whoever you like at ESPN. Get your friends to do it too so it seems more credible. Tell them Stuart Scott tried to work a three-way with Cindy Brunson and the corpse of Tom Mees. They'll print it and be right to do so since they didn't get the Steve Phillips story.

No one tries to get the best of A.J. Daulerio by telling him the story he's calling about isn't true! He'll learn ya real good!

I'm not going to sit here and tell you that Deadspin set back journalism 50 years or anything like that. I mean, it's not like they invented Around the Horn. But it's just a sad state of affairs over there for a blog that used to be one funny dick joke after another, and now it's run by a guy who has a vendetta against ESPN because the New York Post did its job better than him.

_________________
Fire Phil Emery


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:38 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:45 pm
Posts: 15507
Location: Lovetron
pizza_Place: Malnati's
Nice work IB.

_________________
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Because without agreement on objective truth, how do we communicate?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2006 7:56 pm
Posts: 30952
Location: ...
Irish Boy wrote:
Subject: "S. Phillips."


the email came from Linda S.?

_________________
http://www.thereviewbin.com
gregorslist.org


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:08 pm
Posts: 16
pizza_Place: Aurelio's
I really got sick of the endless promotion of things outside of their show...be it Greenberg's book or his hosting that lame ass game show atrocity awhile back. It seems they got way too caught up in the Mike and Mike brand. I cant believe they are still doing the insulting each other shtick.....god that was old a couple years ago. Add to that the fact that ESPN personalities in general cant really step out on anything which finally drove me away. Thank god for M&H. North was never a viable alternative unless I had part of my brain removed.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:21 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:52 pm
Posts: 75
Location: naperville
crosscheck wrote:
It's a pretty good listen on Monday's during the football season, I don't have a chance to watch all the NFL games, but they do a decent job of covering all of the major NFL storylines...

Amen as long as D.S. isn't there bragging about his son who got a cup of coffee in the majors and then got traded as a throw-in.He needs to stick to football.Greenie feeds him too.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:42 pm 
Offline
1000 CLUB
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 17, 2006 3:54 pm
Posts: 5301
Location: Parts Unknown
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darkside, we don't always see eye to eye, but I think between you, me and Boilermaker Rick we should should find these two idiots and rip out their vocal folds.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:17 pm
Posts: 17644
Location: Iowa
pizza_Place: Trump Tower
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Darkside, we don't always see eye to eye, but I think between you, me and Boilermaker Rick we should should find these two idiots and rip out their vocal folds.

:lol:

...and like that, he's gone!

_________________
MAGA Exposure empowers Snowflakes' Light


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:29 am
Posts: 45518
Location: Darkside Estates
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Darkside, we don't always see eye to eye, but I think between you, me and Boilermaker Rick we should should find these two idiots and rip out their vocal folds.

It was good to hear from you. I guess I'll see you in 2011.

_________________
"Play until it hurts, then play until it hurts to not play."
http://soundcloud.com/darkside124 HOF 2013, MM Champion 2014
bigfan wrote:
Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 54661
Location: To the left of my post
Woodridge Ryan wrote:
Darkside, we don't always see eye to eye, but I think between you, me and Boilermaker Rick we should should find these two idiots and rip out their vocal folds.
:lol:

Maybe they'll be cancelled or fired by the time you visit the board again.

_________________
You do not talk to me like that! I work too hard to deal with this stuff! I work too hard! I'm an important member of the CSFMB! I drive a Dodge Stratus!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:10 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:42 pm
Posts: 29263
Location: Parts Unknown
pizza_Place: Frozen
I'm sure Ryan is happy that his comments were followed up by several 'one-line zingers'.
Line two...

_________________
This is my signature...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:59 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:12 am
Posts: 11
pizza_Place: Pizza hut
Everybody should give it a go, it's fantastic!

_________________
Chicago White Sox Tickets


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group