It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:44 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
So around 6:40 this morning I hear Mully & Hanley interviewing a reporter from Orlando regarding the medical event which occurred during the night at Tiger Woods' place. The reporter relays key information in which he notes that the person in the ambulance was a middle-aged woman & that the Escalade which followed it to the hospital appeared to driven by be Elin Nordegren. He added that the person observed on the stretcher may have been Tiger's mother-in-law.

Following the 7:00 am break I flip over to Mike & Mike and am surprised to hear them describe the situation as (paraphrased) "a woman from Tiger Woods' estate was rushed to the hospital late last night. The ambulance was followed by an Escalade similar to the one that Tiger drove into the tree."...clearly leading the listener to believe Elin had been rushed to the hospital and Tiger had followed. Greenie then added that they "didn't want to jump to conclusions but certainly a number of scenarios come to mind". It seemed to me that he was implying either that Elin had attempted suicide or was the victim of domestic abuse. During the next break the update guy sticks with this version of events - at least 30 minutes after it had been refuted on The Score. What gives? :?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Ian's Pizza
We have a Mike & Mike section?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:47 pm 

Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:
So around 6:40 this morning I hear Mully & Hanley interviewing a reporter from Orlando regarding the medical event which occurred during the night at Tiger Woods' place. The reporter relays key information in which he notes that the person in the ambulance was a middle-aged woman & that the Escalade which followed it to the hospital appeared to driven by be Elin Nordegren. He added that the person observed on the stretcher may have been Tiger's mother-in-law.

Following the 7:00 am break I flip over to Mike & Mike and am surprised to hear them describe the situation as (paraphrased) "a woman from Tiger Woods' estate was rushed to the hospital late last night. The ambulance was followed by an Escalade similar to the one that Tiger drove into the tree."...clearly leading the listener to believe Elin had been rushed to the hospital and Tiger had followed. Greenie then added that they "didn't want to jump to conclusions but certainly a number of scenarios come to mind". It seemed to me that he was implying either that Elin had attempted suicide or was the victim of domestic abuse. During the next break the update guy sticks with this version of events - at least 30 minutes after it had been refuted on The Score. What gives? :?

Mike and Mike In the Morning
ESPN Radio

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
This story is really taking on a life of it's own... :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:50 pm 

ESPN partakes in Sensationalism? Who would possibly say that?

Next you will be telling me they have an east coast bias. Oh please.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:29 pm 

pizza_Place: Milano's
I want to hear Lou Holtz' take

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:34 pm 

pizza_Place: Langel's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Zippy-The-Pinhead wrote:

Mike and Mike In the Morning
ESPN Radio

Quit stealing SHARK's duties! :wink:

The Original Kid Cairo wrote:
I once jerked in a chicken truck, so I have that going for me.