It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:06 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
mike and michael richards in the morning?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:12 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malanati's
Spaulding wrote:
Puckhead wrote:
You have to accuse all white people of racism towards blacks because enough white people have fucked it up for the rest of us who are not racist.

I don't agree with that. I don't think you should accuse or assume anything.

Thats fine, its just that I have been surprised too many times in my life to hear things come spewing from people's mouths to not have to believe that there are lot more white people who are racist than not; therefore, I go along with the assumption that white people are racist until they prove otherwise.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:32 am 

Puckhead wrote:
You have to accuse all white people of racism towards blacks because enough white people have fucked it up for the rest of us who are not racist.

Wow
Couldnt disagree more.

Would you apply this to other groups where some have fucked it up for most?

Basically youre in favor of stereotyping.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:35 am 

Both Greenberg and Golic are an embarrassment to not only their own race but to the whole human race. I would fully support the immediate termination or at least a suspension of no less than 3 years.

I can't believe they let these two guys on the radio and on television.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:38 am 

Puckhead wrote:

Thats fine, its just that I have been surprised too many times in my life to hear things come spewing from people's mouths to not have to believe that there are lot more white people who are racist than not ; therefore, I go along with the assumption that white people are racist until they prove otherwise.

Thats terrible. One of the most racist things Ive ever seen written here.
Perhaps your surrounding yourself with the wrong people Puckhead.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:44 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Puckhead wrote:

No you don't. Because if you do, you yourself are racist.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:45 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Thats fine, its just that I have been surprised too many times in my life to hear things come spewing from people's mouths to not have to believe that there are lot more white people who are racist than not ; therefore, I go along with the assumption that white people are racist until they prove otherwise.

Thats terrible. One of the most racist things Ive ever seen written here.
Perhaps your surrounding yourself with the wrong people Puckhead.

While we are all stereotyping here, should I post a list of stuff from Foxworthy about "rednecks"? :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:47 am 

What Puckhead has written here is more racist than anything Elmhurst Steve ever said.

Very dissapointing

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:48 am 

Since Pucky is racist and pucky is a hockey fan, then all hockey fans must be racist as well, at least until proven otherwise.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:50 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Wow
Couldnt disagree more.

Would you apply this to other groups where some have fucked it up for most?

Basically youre in favor of stereotyping.

Not all groups. Some stereotypes hold true more than others. I think its a safe stereotype to believe a majority of White Americans are racist. Sure, they dont come out and say it directly, but its there. I see it in the workplace, I hear the chatter at the bars. When I hear someone like Greenberg say something that is a very common racist term, I dont think slip of the tongue.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:52 am 

Darkside wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

No you don't. Because if you do, you yourself are racist.

So Im white, but I believe the black race is inferior to the white race? I guess its possible.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:53 am 
Site Admin

Puckhead wrote:

And dont give me the "Hes educated and obviously not racist". Ill introduce you to a two executives of major corporations that have freely used the N-word in front of me.

There are a few people here who subscribe to this theory.

Let's not pretend that Pucky is the only one.

And BTW I'll call your bluff on the executives. Put up or shut up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:54 am 

Seacrest wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

And dont give me the "Hes educated and obviously not racist". Ill introduce you to a two executives of major corporations that have freely used the N-word in front of me.

Id prefer to shut up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 am 

Puckhead wrote:

Not all groups. Some stereotypes hold true more than others. I think its a safe stereotype to believe a majority of White Americans are racist. Sure, they dont come out and say it directly, but its there. I see it in the workplace, I hear the chatter at the bars. When I hear someone like Greenberg say something that is a very common racist term, I dont think slip of the tongue.

Its one thing to say a lot of white people are racist. Its quite another to say most or I just assume their racist til they prove otherwise.

How does one prove non racism by the way?

Good Luck Hoffy. I hope you find better people in life. They exist, in all colors

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:55 am 
Site Admin

Puckhead wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Id prefer to shut up.

I knew that answer was coming. Smart move.

But if you were so offended by the behavior, I thought you might actually be willing to give up your job for the sake of what is right.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 8:58 am 

pizza_Place: Pisa Pizza, Countryside
At least the greenberg mult has some new material, so I guess some good comes out of this...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:01 am 

Puckhead wrote:
Not all groups. Some stereotypes hold true more than others. I think its a safe stereotype to believe a majority of White Americans are racist.

I don't like being accused of this shit because I happen to be a white guy. It's not right to perpetuate stereotypes, Puck. In fact it's straight up wrong. It's not safe to say a majority of anyone is anything.

Seacrest wrote:

come now. It'd be one thing to say it live in person and quite another to torpedo his customer bace by calling them out by name rank and serial number.

Puckhead wrote:
So Im white, but I believe the black race is inferior to the white race?

What? I'm not following you here.

Look man, races are neither inferior nor superior. People are though.
I hated being called racist. That shit makes me crazy. If you ask me why I don't like someone that I don't like, their bloomin skin color won't ever be a reason.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:02 am 

Seacrest wrote:
I thought you might actually be willing to give up your job for the sake of what is right.

This must be a joke, right?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Puckhead wrote:

Its one thing to say a lot of white people are racist. Its quite another to say most or I just assume their racist til they prove otherwise.

How does one prove non racism by the way?

Good Luck Hoffy. I hope you find better people in life. They exist, in all colors

Maybe I am way off base in saying a lot or even most, but I have a pretty big sample size over the past 30 years. Christ, I cant tell you how many people in high school made comments about how it was great to have the one black guy so that our basketball team will be good. Do you think those thoughts have suddenly gone away over time? They are there. There are also different levels of racism, so again, just because a guy doesnt come out and say something, it doesnt mean they dont wonder what would happen to their house value if a black family moved next to them.

I dont know how to prove non-racism. I do try to do a better job of associating myself with more educated people, which is one of the reasons why I am on this board in the first place. Even that has not worked great. A guy reached out to me who was in IT and I graduated high school with. I was going to offer the guy up for a position, then I looked at racist spew on his Facebook site and thought who the fuck is this guy? So, I dont know.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:07 am 

Hey guys, I have a problem. I watch a lot of shows on the mafia, and I've seen all three Godfather movies and Goodfellas and I even watched an episode of Growing Up Gotti. I've even gone to Little Italy in New York. I think it's a pretty safe stereotype to believe that a majority of Italians are in the mafia. Here is my dilemma.

I have to accuse all Italians of being in the mafia because enough Italians have fucked it up for the rest of them who are not in the mafia.

I need a way to prove that they aren't in the mafia. It needs this criteria:
1) I can't get killed doing it
2) I need to be able to get enough evidence on every Italian I meet in order to make this accurate determination.

I once went to an Italian restaurant and I saw three guys in suits standing around. They didn't come out and say "I'm in the Mafia! I have a suit on!" but it was there. I see it in the supermarket. Why would someone buy three jars of pasta sauce if they weren't the cook for a mob operation?

Please help. I don't want to believe that everyone I meet is guilty until I get proof they definitely aren't something but I'm having a hard time with this one.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:09 am 

Puckhead wrote:
Christ, I cant tell you how many people in high school made comments about how it was great to have the one black guy so that our basketball team will be good. Do you think those thoughts have suddenly gone away over time
That can't be your definition of racist can it? I can't count the number of times someone said that I couldn't jump because I was white. It turns out it was true but that's not the point. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:12 am 
Site Admin

Darkside wrote:
Seacrest wrote:
I thought you might actually be willing to give up your job for the sake of what is right.

This must be a joke, right?

Not unless you find it funny that people make statements that are not true and then are unwilling to stand behind them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:15 am 

I think a lot of Italians are Mafia Wanna-Be's. They have watched all those movies too. It has been glorifed for sure. A lot of them want people to think they are in the mafia, and they play it up. Meh....whatever. My gun shoots just as straight as theirs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:16 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Hey guys, I have a problem. I watch a lot of shows on the mafia, and I've seen all three Godfather movies and Goodfellas and I even watched an episode of Growing Up Gotti. I've even gone to Little Italy in New York. I think it's a pretty safe stereotype to believe that a majority of Italians are in the mafia. Here is my dilemma.

I have to accuse all Italians of being in the mafia because enough Italians have fucked it up for the rest of them who are not in the mafia.

I need a way to prove that they aren't in the mafia. It needs this criteria:
1) I can't get killed doing it
2) I need to be able to get enough evidence on every Italian I meet in order to make this accurate determination.

I once went to an Italian restaurant and I saw three guys in suits standing around. They didn't come out and say "I'm in the Mafia! I have a suit on!" but it was there. I see it in the supermarket. Why would someone buy three jars of pasta sauce if they weren't the cook for a mob operation?

Please help. I don't want to believe that everyone I meet is guilty until I get proof they definitely aren't something but I'm having a hard time with this one.

I see what you did there.

You had to stretch that a whole lot further than I have to stretch for the white racist stereotype.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:20 am 

Puckhead wrote:
You had to stretch that a whole lot further than I have to stretch for the white racist stereotype.
It is still all subjective though. You see things and spread that over others who have never shown you those things. That's the same thing as my problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:22 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
walkrman5 wrote:
I think a lot of Italians are Mafia Wanna-Be's. They have watched all those movies too. It has been glorifed for sure. A lot of them want people to think they are in the mafia, and they play it up. Meh....whatever. My gun shoots just as straight as theirs.

i thought they all hung out at mtv studios and lived in a summer share on the shore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:23 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
Puckhead wrote:
Christ, I cant tell you how many people in high school made comments about how it was great to have the one black guy so that our basketball team will be good. Do you think those thoughts have suddenly gone away over time
That can't be your definition of racist can it? I can't count the number of times someone said that I couldn't jump because I was white. It turns out it was true but that's not the point. :lol:

White people cant jump is not a stereotype.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:24 am 

I know an irish guy that drinks to excess and beats his wife. So if your Irish, sorry...but Cubbiegirlshamus was right to call you a wifebeater

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 am 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
walkrman5 wrote:

i thought they all hung out at mtv studios and lived in a summer share on the shore

Uh... no. You just need to know where to look to find them.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:28 am 
Site Admin

rogers park bryan wrote:
I know an irish guy that drinks to excess and beats his wife. So if your Irish, sorry...but Cubbiegirlshamus was right to call you a wifebeater

I am white and can jump, but i am also part Irish and do not drink.

:cry: Stereotypes are so confusing.