It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Golic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:11 am 

I'm sure this has been discussed on here before, but honestly this is about the second time i've clicked on the Mike and Mike link....

Golic is horrible, simply put. I'd rather listen to a three-man team of Murph, Zaidman and Lawrence Holmes 24 hours a day as opposed to an hour of Golic. Greeny seems alright enough, but they need to put Tubby out to pasture. He sometimes brings good points to the table, but expresseds them in the most unenthused, boring, monotone fashion that I want to play Barry Bonds with my TV...

I've never actually listened to the show, just have come across it time from time on ESPN early in ther mornings....Cut the court INsider Network, he blows.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:00 am 

he gets going for the NFL and treads water till then, towing the big storylines and names in the MLB, NBA, etc. yeah, nothing new there, but he gets good with the football season. Greenie kind of has to carry them in the summer.

(i cannot believe i've been listening to them this long, but there are no local sports talk morning options for the non-insane)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 6:52 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yellow Pad wrote:
he gets going for the NFL and treads water till then, towing the big storylines and names in the MLB, NBA, etc. yeah, nothing new there, but he gets good with the football season. Greenie kind of has to carry them in the summer.

(i cannot believe i've been listening to them this long, but there are no local sports talk morning options for the non-insane)

While Greeny and Golic seem like likeable people... I just can't stomach listening to them in the summer. Football season obviously is when they shine, they are ok to listen to leading to the NCAA tournament, and maybe a little after that towards the end of the NBA season. After that, they are unlistenable, not to include the shuffle of fill in hosts as the duo generally take up their vacation time during the summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 5:26 am 

Greenberg is likable only in a Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) sory of way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:30 am 

good dolphin wrote:
Greenberg is likable only in a Patrick Bateman (American Psycho) sory of way.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Production is terrible
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:39 pm 

I can't stand the production on this show. The transistions in and out of breaks and lame parody songs are hard to listen to. Joaquin's song cuts are rough, I guess we are spoiled here. Our local production staffs are able to cut together movies, current events, and quotes ten time better than anything they are doing out of Bristol.

Plus listening to Greenberg set up the other side of comercials the same way everytime, with some kind of lame open ended question gets boring.

I only tune in to catch the interviews and updates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
And, because of this show, I will never get On-Star, nor will I use their "hotline."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:18 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Colombo's
I agree...Golic is brutal. His news of the weird segment or whatever he calls it is laughable. Its obvious he's reading it for the first time on the air. The segment should be called "Some Nameless Interns News of the Weird 'Cause Golic is Too F'ing Lazy to Find Something Himself".