It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 1:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:11 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Another exaple of why this show sucks... The problem is when these two bumbling idiots...especially Greeny...can't help themselves but to talk about some pointless subject and hammer it into the ground for HOURS! Today these two morons talked about Bob Knight's little tap under one of his players chins so he'd look him in the eye. The player found no fault in it. The player's mom found no fault in it. Yet, these two ass clowns have spent their entire show on it. They've asked everyone they interviewed their thoughts on it. Gene Keady basically told these two that they were wasting their entire radio show today by talking about it. He said, "Why are we talking about this again?" I love how midway through the show Greeny says "This thing has really taken a life of its own." No its not you jackass. YOU gave it a life of its own. Drop it. Shut the hell up. I'm so damn sick of this show when they do crap like this. And then Greeny teases that tomorrow we'll get Tom Izzo on and ask him. Stop it. Let it go. Way too much going on right now to waste our time on it. Off to 670 and Mike Morth for the rest of the morning....sorry for the rant guys but this was ridiculous.

Last edited by Woodridge Ryan on Wed May 07, 2008 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:47 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
100% agreement. At the point where he starts the segment with the "takes a life of it's own.." I couldn't stand it anymore.

On comes the MNMS.

Greeny, who gives a damn about Bob Knight's chin music? No one.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:49 am 

I was in the same boat.. until Doug Gottlieb called in as a guest and railed against Knight. Saying that he crossed a line and some sort of a serious problem. I can't stand Gottlieb and I always find it funny to hear him jump on his high horse and admonish others for the evil they do.. no matter how petty the evil.

He irritates me enough that I'm considering adding a douchebag of the week nomination for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:53 am 

yep they are famous for this phenomenon. I finally got sick of it and switched it over to MNMS at 8 to here a 5 minute debate on whether players are more apt to get into trouble in their home town vs on the road. God help us all!!

I did turn it back to here Doug Gottlieb go off which was kind of cool, at least someone had the balls to offer a dissenting opinion

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:05 am 
1000 CLUB

Woodridge Ryan wrote:
I actually enjoy this show 75% of the time. The problem is when these two bumbling idiots...especially Greeny...can't help themselves but to talk about some pointless subject and hammer it into the ground for HOURS! Today these two morons talked about Bob Knight's little tap under one of his players chins so he'd look him in the eye. The player found no fault in it. The player's mom found no fault in it. Yet, these two ass clowns have spent their entire show on it. They've asked everyone they interviewed their thoughts on it. Gene Keady basically told these two that they were wasting their entire radio show today by talking about it. He said, "Why are we talking about this again?" I love how midway through the show Greeny says "This thing has really taken a life of its own." No its not you jackass. YOU gave it a life of its own. Drop it. Shut the hell up. I'm so damn sick of this show when they do crap like this. And then Greeny teases that tomorrow we'll get Tom Izzo on and ask him. Stop it. Let it go. Way too much going on right now to waste our time on it. Off to 670 and Mike Morth for the rest of the morning....sorry for the rant guys but this was ridiculous.

Wait until Boers/Bernstein come on!

Boers will use the incident to call Knight names.
Bernstein will speak about it from a legal standpoint.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 10:27 am 
1000 CLUB

By the way, Mike Morth is a much better listen that Mike North :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:11 pm 
1000 CLUB

You think M&M was bad, wait until you hear Patrick drone on about it all show today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:17 pm 
1000 CLUB

Salisbury and Rosenbloom continued the talk. I just don't get it. This is really lazy on everyone's part. I love how Mac, Jurko, and Harry will spend 15 minutes at the MOST on this and I don't even see that happening.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:27 pm 

hawkeye wrote:
You think M&M was bad, wait until you hear Patrick drone on about it all show today.

Instead of "today", I think you meant to say "the rest of the week".

My alarm went off this morning and I heard them talking about it, and I wanted to see the highlight. The way they described it, I was expecting a lot worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Jobu
Quote:
Sam in Hoffman wrote:
I can't stand Gottlieb and I always find it funny to hear him jump on his high horse.

From Mike Murphy's "Thin Books" collection:

Personal Ethics - By Doug "Buy My Book or I'll Steal and Use Your Credit Card" Gottlieb

1999-2000-2009
----------
XXI - XXV - XLII - XLVI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:37 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
Instead of "today", I think you meant to say "the rest of the week".

Sad, but so very true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:40 pm 
1000 CLUB

Somewhere Bob Ley is listening to all of this today drooling and asking himself, "Is it Sunday yet?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:46 pm 

Outside the Lines
Today on "Outside the Lines" (3:30 p.m. ET ESPN), is what Bob Knight did last night acceptable or did he cross the line? For more, click here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2661594

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/index

He's not waiting Ryan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 2:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Once Iheard M & M pounding this subject, I knew how the rest of the sports talk day was going to go. Haven't had AM on all day....doubt I missed a thing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
So I had Mike & Mike on for about a half hour this morning only to be treated to a half hour of them justifying their wall-to-wall coverage of the Knight thing yesterday. They said they got so many e-mails that it must have been the right way to handle it. But they let slip later that a lot of the e-mails were criticizing them for it.

Their annoyance level is rising...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:53 am 
1000 CLUB

I just heard Greeny say "Frankly we've spent no time on the NFL today. Shame on us."

Uhhh.....how is this different from yesterday? I'm damn close to making a permanent switch to North...ugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:09 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i've been enjoying the new deftones and beck albums lately.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:29 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I flipped them on about 8am today and I couldn't believe they were still talking about this. Then, they were talking about how much they were talking about it and how they were only going to talk about it a little bit longer...and on. STOP.

Then, they stopped. But, first, let's ask Bill Curry, and then this will be the final word. Let's see if that holds up.

I was glad to see this thread since the whole "this has taken on a life of its own" thing really bugs me too. And I have fallen for it before. A couple weeks ago I turned them on after they had talked to Donna Shalala and you would have thought someone had been assassinated. There was the "life of its own" mention and Greenie saying how "we try to report the news but sometimes we become the news and that has happened this morning...our phone is ringing off the hook from news organizations". I was thinking "Wow, what's going on" and it was just a statement that may or may not have contradicted an earlier comment she had made. I didn't see it on the NBC Nightly News.

WOLF! No, wait, we mean it this time. Someday they'll have a real story and I won't believe them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:47 am 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I flipped them on about 8am today and I couldn't believe they were still talking about this. Then, they were talking about how much they were talking about it and how they were only going to talk about it a little bit longer...and on. STOP.

Then, they stopped. But, first, let's ask Bill Curry, and then this will be the final word. Let's see if that holds up.

I was glad to see this thread since the whole "this has taken on a life of its own" thing really bugs me too. And I have fallen for it before. A couple weeks ago I turned them on after they had talked to Donna Shalala and you would have thought someone had been assassinated. There was the "life of its own" mention and Greenie saying how "we try to report the news but sometimes we become the news and that has happened this morning...our phone is ringing off the hook from news organizations". I was thinking "Wow, what's going on" and it was just a statement that may or may not have contradicted an earlier comment she had made. I didn't see it on the NBC Nightly News.

WOLF! No, wait, we mean it this time. Someday they'll have a real story and I won't believe them.

Why is Bill Curry referred to as a living legend on that show ? Why do they think his opinion is so important that when he speaks, all his right ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:51 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Quote:
Why is Bill Curry referred to as a living legend on that show ? Why do they think his opinion is so important that when he speaks, all his right ?

Because he's old and he speaks slowly. So he sounds authoritative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:54 am 

Seriously, Golic is radio death. His out for everything is "That's just the way things are. Now if you're going to bring up that point then we can get into a discussion." No shit Mike? Hint: You co-host a national radio show where the premise is to delve into issues pertaining to the sports world.

Everything about this dolt is horrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:20 am 

Crumbs.. I couldn't agree more. One the one hand, you have Golic who very rarely will have a lucid thought. On the other, you've got Greeny who will drive a point home until you can't even remember the point he was trying to make.. you just hope he shuts up. What makes them different makes them.. ah forget it.

I think the saddest commentary on all of this is that the MNMS bugs me so much that I simply put up with these two (who are obviously catering to the national audience that simply want some "sports" chatter behind them as they drive to work) so that I avoid the MNMS.