It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 8:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sayers
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:08 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Anybody hear the Sayers interview this morning? I know it's been stated before but I really wish he would just stop doing interviews. Despite M&M's fawning, he really comes off as just a bitter old pro.

Asked for his opinion on LT he just went off on how the conditions now are so much better and how he, Brown, Simpson, and Eric Dickerson (? - didn't he play on turf and in domes) would be so much better with today's benefits. He also gave a complete and I mean complete list of all his accomplishments. Then he went on about how the hashmarks being further apart made it more difficult for him than today's guys.

I'm no expert but wouldn't it make it easier for a guy like Sayers to run to the wide side of the field on a sweep, stretch the defense and pick his spot to cut? Just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:17 pm 

Also aren't the players bigger, faster and stronger now?

Watching some of the old NFL Films highlights, I also saw some shoddy tackling back in the 60s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:28 pm 

I missed the interview but in the 3 mins I caught this morning they said you can't have a conversation about the 5 best RB's ever without including Sayers....uhhh.....no.

They also were comparing Nash to the best all time "little men" guess who they left out, John Stockton...hello???

I like these guys but they have really been pissing me off lately.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:42 pm 
1000 CLUB

I just liked how Greenberg and Golic started questioning him as soon as he hung up. One of the topics for the day was asking if there has anyone player who played for such a short time ever been so loved? They basically called the guy's record out the whole time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 2:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Most folks I talk to can't stand listening to the guy. The old films I guess don't really capture the electricity of his running, but it is hard to judge the quality of the competition from highlight films. He always seems bitter and unhappy that people don't consider him the best RB of all time, least of all the best who ever played for the Bears.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

I've always wondered how he treated Payton when he was playing and after he retired. Anyone know or remember? I'd suspect he treated him like crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i suspect that Payton probably didn't give a shit about Sayers....