It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WOLF!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:33 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Greenie did it to me again. I turn on the car this morning and the first thing I hear is Greenie saying in very somber tones-

"Golic is out today and what a day for him to be out. There is really only ONE story today and we will recap it from the beginning for you in a minute as it is all we've been talking about today."

I'm immediately thinking somebody died or some other serious tragedy. But, what is it? Tim Hardaway's comments, which, while douchebaggy, were not what I thought they were building to.

Also, Greenie to give him credit, did actually state that Amaechi's (sp?) book is an ESPN Books product, which I didn't know and explains to me why there has been so much "discussion" on it. I believe it is somewhat interesting for a segment or two but they have been going a little overboard on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:36 am 

a little overboard? they're trying to make this guy into this generation's jackie robinson for god's sake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:13 am 
1000 CLUB

You know who's really loving this story - Stein on overnights. I heard about 10 minutes, and guess what the topic was ?

That's right, Tim Hardaway's comments, and all those religious people are calling in, and Stein is trying to keep the conversation on his topic...

He's had quite a month - Hardaway's comments, the original story coming out about gays in the nba, seem like everyday there is some story that he can use to tie it into our social life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Tune in tomorrow to hear Bill Parcells' thoughts about how TO might feel about John Amaechi and whether or not Amaechi ever used steroids.

All this, when there's an NBA All-Star game to talk about.

Brought to you by Nivea for men.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:18 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
There is really only ONE story today and we will recap it from the beginning for you in a minute as it is all we've been talking about today."

Same here. First thing in the car, Greenie is telling us to hide the kids or turn off the radio if they don't want to discuss a sensitive issue with said kiddies. I was waiting for something of bombastic proportions, but it was just the comments I had heard last night. It certainly didn't match the breathless buildup he created. Amaechi was supposed to be on at about 7:30 am (also with a warning to keep the kids away) but I missed it. Anything pertinent come out of the talk?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:30 am 
1000 CLUB

I think it’s good; it takes our minds off of more serious issues, like Anna Nicole Smith’s baby Daddy and a diaper-wearing astronaut.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:01 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
hootmon wrote:
Quote:
There is really only ONE story today and we will recap it from the beginning for you in a minute as it is all we've been talking about today."

Same here. First thing in the car, Greenie is telling us to hide the kids or turn off the radio if they don't want to discuss a sensitive issue with said kiddies. I was waiting for something of bombastic proportions, but it was just the comments I had heard last night. It certainly didn't match the breathless buildup he created. Amaechi was supposed to be on at about 7:30 am (also with a warning to keep the kids away) but I missed it. Anything pertinent come out of the talk?

No. All he really said that I thought was noteworthy is that he does not want gays to be "tolerated", he thinks that's a bad term. He also said that we like to think we're in 2007 and that this bigotry does not exist anymore but that ain't true. Which in my opinion, anyone with a functional melon should already know.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:16 pm 

Quote:
Darkside wrote:

No. All he really said that I thought was noteworthy is that he does not want gays to be "tolerated", he thinks that's a bad term. He also said that we like to think we're in 2007 and that this bigotry does not exist anymore but that ain't true. Which in my opinion, anyone with a functional melon should already know.

I think he was referring to what the media tries to tell us which is that racism and homophobia don't exist like they used to, which is totally false. maybe racists and homophobes can't lawfully do as much against their hated groups like they used to, but they still hate just as much. I think his take on being "tolerated" is fair; I think "accepted" is a better word than "tolerate". I tolerate people I work with that I can't stand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:21 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Agreed Zack.
He's right too, IMHO, it just not news.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:34 pm 

Killer V wrote:
Tune in tomorrow to hear Bill Parcells' thoughts about how TO might feel about John Amaechi and whether or not Amaechi ever used steroids.

All this, when there's an NBA All-Star game to talk about.

Brought to you by Nivea for men.

I know I am late to this thread, but this might be the greatest ever post.
Who are the people who listen to this show and enjoy greenie? He is "awful, awful". Now that football is over I am back on iPod until September.
Ditch greenie for schlereth. You know it would not be a great show, but it would be entertaining.
PS-Amechi was the speaker at my HS graduation

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:41 pm 
1000 CLUB

Quote:
PS-Amechi was the speaker at my HS graduation

Ah, another Catholic school kid :lol: