It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:51 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Lackey is done. This team is a fucking mess.

And then he walks to complain to the ump after the inning. Fuck that. Throw strikes, hick.

Cubs should DFA this guy too.

He's a whiny little bitch. If you're winning you deal with it but if you're losing you want to Caller Bob punt him and knock out his fucking horse teeth.

Caller Bob says he's fine. Relax

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

And then he walks to complain to the ump after the inning. Fuck that. Throw strikes, hick.

He's a whiny little bitch. If you're winning you deal with it but if you're losing you want to Caller Bob punt him and knock out his fucking horse teeth.

I'm done thinking it's early. And the division sucks. And they can turn it around. They are squandering their goodwill from last year mighty quickly.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 6:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
:lol: :lol: @ Rogue & FF

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:28 pm 

Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

I'm done thinking it's early. And the division sucks. And they can turn it around. They are squandering their goodwill from last year mighty quickly.

And I have to listen to Jesse Rogers ( whom I stuck up for a couple of weeks ago ) say on the radio that he still gives the Cubs 85 to 90% chance to win the division.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:37 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Jesus F Christ you get three back Lackey gives one right back.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
Well, that's not good...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:41 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's

Almora :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:03 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Season is at the half-way mark this weekend. Four starting hitters out of eight (Zobrist, Heyward, Russell, Bryant) and their #2 starter are hurt, their LF is back at AAA, and their #4 starter is better suited for the glue factory.

They needed to go 7-4 on this road trip, they're currently at 3-4 and risk going 4-7 (they should win one somehow against the Reds this weekend).

For guys like Baez, Almora, Happ, and Edwards, this is the time when they have to prove that they have the ability to persevere.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:30 am 

badrogue17 wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Hank Scorpio wrote:

And I have to listen to Jesse Rogers ( whom I stuck up for a couple of weeks ago ) say on the radio that he still gives the Cubs 85 to 90% chance to win the division.

believe he said 95% chance, down from a 97% chance before the season

That's ESPN's cubbie insider for the nation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Yeah, that's pretty bad. Anyone that actually follows this team with any regularity would know the Cubs are 100% winning the division.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:32 am 
100000 CLUB

IMU wrote:
Yeah, that's pretty bad. Anyone that actually follows this team with any regularity would know the Cubs are 100% winning the division.
You cannot tout yourself as a "smart" baseball fan and then say something stupid like this.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:34 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
IMU wrote:
You cannot tout yourself as a "smart" baseball fan and then say something stupid like this.

...how much you want to bet?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:50 am 
100000 CLUB

We've been thru this before, Champ. Betting does not make you more of a man. Besides, I didn't said the Cubs won't win the division, I just said that stating its a 100% certainty they will is stupid.

Betting or not betting also is completely independent of your statement. Case and point, Bryant rolled his ankle last night. XRays were negative and the team thinks is minor. Could be just a few days he sits out. Its also possible that the MRI today could reveal something wrong which causes him to miss a few weeks, or maybe a few months. Its possible he could take a few days off, come back, and hurt the ankle again. This is precisely why saying things like you do, is flat out stupid. Even Baseball Prospectus doesn't make their percentages 100% until the division is clinched. MANY times you double down by touting yourself as a smart baseball fan.

You are certainly the most smug baseball fan here, that I'll give you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:14 am 

What makes me more of a man is that I say things I actually believe. You say things.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

I believe you are a lot less intelligent of a baseball fan than you claim to be.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:26 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
betting means you stick to your convictions, moreso than someone throwing stuff up against the wall to see what sticks.

I'll do a bet, IMU. That way, I win either way. Cubs win the division, I'm happy. They don't, I win a bet.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:33 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Frank Coztansa wrote:
We've been thru this before, Champ. Betting does not make you more of a man. Besides, I didn't said the Cubs won't win the division, I just said that stating its a 100% certainty they will is stupid.

Betting or not betting also is completely independent of your statement. Case and point, Bryant rolled his ankle last night. XRays were negative and the team thinks is minor. Could be just a few days he sits out. Its also possible that the MRI today could reveal something wrong which causes him to miss a few weeks, or maybe a few months. Its possible he could take a few days off, come back, and hurt the ankle again. This is precisely why saying things like you do, is flat out stupid. Even Baseball Prospectus doesn't make their percentages 100% until the division is clinched. MANY times you double down by touting yourself as a smart baseball fan.

Maybe, but you're pretty overconfident yourself. I don't want to hear anyone feel sorry for you again... just read this thread. You can go ahead and keep obsessing about the Cubs, but don't whine when people correctly make fun of you for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:39 am 

City of Fools wrote:
betting means you stick to your convictions, moreso than someone throwing stuff up against the wall to see what sticks.

I'll do a bet, IMU. That way, I win either way. Cubs win the division, I'm happy. They don't, I win a bet.

That's...prudent.

$20? I've never met you and don't want to wager too much in case you don't pay. No offense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:43 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
IMU wrote:
City of Fools wrote:

That's...prudent.

$20? I've never met you and don't want to wager too much in case you don't pay. No offense.

none taken. Done.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:45 am 
100000 CLUB

What the hell are you talking about leash?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am 

City of Fools wrote:
betting means you stick to your convictions,.

Is that what it means?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:21 pm 

leashyourkids wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Maybe, but you're pretty overconfident yourself. I don't want to hear anyone feel sorry for you again... just read this thread. You can go ahead and keep obsessing about the Cubs, but don't whine when people correctly make fun of you for it.

The whole "obsessing" thing is itself a stupid trolling statement. The Cubs are a big topic on this board. People are gonna comment. If there were dozens of threads about the Dodgers on here I'd probably eventually end up commenting on the Dodgers. It has nothing to do with being obsessed. Plus, we've gone over this before, and many Cub fans comment on the Sox just as much, which is even weirder because they haven't really been relevant in a decade.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:58 pm 

It isn't the fact that White Sox fans post about the Cubs. It isn't even about the quantity in which they do it. Some White Sox fans are obsessed due to the compulsive need to bring the organization and their fans down, and failing to do so takes an emotional toll on them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:03 pm 

IMU wrote:
It isn't the fact that White Sox fans post about the Cubs. It isn't even about the quantity in which they do it. Some White Sox fans are obsessed due to the compulsive need to bring the organization and their fans down, and failing to do so takes an emotional toll on them.

Nah, not really. Cub and Sox fans troll eachother because it gets certain members of the other fandom riled up. It's not really more complicated than that.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 pm 

IMU wrote:

Is Abreu still a "singles hitter"?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:05 pm 

pizza_Place: any from anywhere
FavreFan wrote:
IMU wrote:

Nah, not really. Cub and Sox fans troll eachother because it gets certain members of the other fandom riled up. It's not really more complicated than that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:10 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=2460548#p2460548

And yet again this season, Altuve has more XBH.

Even singles hitters run into a few.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:13 pm 

IMU wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
IMU wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=2460548#p2460548

And yet again this season, Altuve has more XBH.

Even singles hitters run into a few.
You are having a rough week.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:15 pm 

pizza_Place: John's
Abrue sure looks to be on pace for another earth shattering 3 fWAR season.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:18 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
Abrue sure looks to be on pace for another earth shattering 3 fWAR season.

Lackey is on pace for -.6 fwar and he's "fine" according to you.

Like I said, fwar matters to you until it doesn't.

To rock my soul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 163 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next