It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:34 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
With both teams currently in first place, thanks to the fact that the Cubs have the majors best record and the Sox play in the weakest division in baseball, the spirits on both sides of town (The North side and the Wrong side) are running high. It should really get fun, when the two play each other this season. As much as the smack talk has already gotten going, it should really reach new heights this season. Take 2 teams with an existing rivalry, put both in first place, mix well and.....It will not be dull!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
I agree it should be a great series between two good baseball teams, however there shouldnt be a rivalry, and the fact that there even is, is proof of the meatballness of this city at times, especially when it comes to baseball. Different leagues, different divisions, it should be nothing more than a good series between two good baseball teams. I'm looking forward to it.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:19 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
FavreFan wrote:
I agree it should be a great series between two good baseball teams, however there shouldnt be a rivalry, and the fact that there even is, is proof of the meatballness of this city at times, especially when it comes to baseball. Different leagues, different divisions, it should be nothing more than a good series between two good baseball teams. I'm looking forward to it.

DING!

I can't stand the meatball shitheadedness that goes on. The Cubs won last year's series (whoopdifuckingdoo), and being surrounded by Sox fans here, I could've chirped all I wanted to.

Keep it.

Needless aggravation and stupidity regardless of the outcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:28 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
I think one series a year is enough. At wrigley one year, cell the next.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:37 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Cubs will destroy the White Sox.

The Sox are a horrible team with horrible fans - ugly and stupid, the whole lot of them. And they smell funny, not in an amusing way, in a foul and disgusting sense. Many also have substandard education.

Cubs - 2008 World Champs!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
I would like to see any acrimony between Cubs and Sox fans redirected towards the Illini, God's orange and blue turd.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:55 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Hey, up yours shorty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:07 pm 
1000 CLUB

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:10 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Tall Midget wrote:
I would like to see any acrimony between Cubs and Sox fans redirected towards the Illini, God's orange and blue turd.

I'm sure you would like that. But you won't get it.

Because the Illini are loved the world over by the intelligent, the God-fearing, the good-looking, the fine smelling, the well-dressed, the confident, the sturdy-postured, the clean-shaven and the unkempt, the rich and the poor alike.

But, you do not fit those descriptions. Maybe the unkempt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:50 pm 
1000 CLUB

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:

Because the Illini are loved the world over by the intelligent, the God-fearing, the good-looking, the fine smelling, the well-dressed, the confident, the sturdy-postured, the clean-shaven and the unkempt, the rich and the poor alike.

...but most of all they are loved by Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and the fans and alumni of those schools.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:58 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

...but most of all they are loved by Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin and the fans and alumni of those schools.

Not last year. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 pm 

Tall Midget wrote:

Not last year. 8)

Iowa loves Ron Zook. You can keep him as long as you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
who would be the message board king meatball?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:13 pm 
1000 CLUB

Tall Midget wrote:

Not last year. 8)

I thought men of science such as yourself valued the rule over the exception to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:24 pm 

There are those whose sole claim to profundity is the discovery of exceptions to rules.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:47 pm 

doug - evergreen park wrote:
who would be the message board king meatball?

judging by recent example, it looks like you've gotta have strong hands to pry the crown from elmhurst steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:59 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
i was just asking... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:10 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Steve has a commanding lead, but Chris in Joliet is still on the lead lap. At this point, I'm 30 laps off the pace.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Steve has a commanding lead, but Chris in Joliet is still on the lead lap. At this point, I'm 30 laps off the pace.

So your saying there's a chance?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:42 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

So your saying there's a chance?

Your case would be helped by posting more stories of supermarket arguments with Sox fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
30 laps off the pace-about what the 2nd place team in the N.L. Central may well finish behind the Cubs. What a beautiful year this is to be a Cubs fan!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:24 am 

Tall Midget wrote:

+ 82,000

Can't wait for the weekend games at the Cell. Hey look...

A FULL HOUSE!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:50 am 

A lot of big talk around here against the Illini and a school that has more regular season BB championships than any other the past 10 years and if you take out that Mich. St. got theirs all pretty much with one team, it's not even close to having anyone match the sustained excellence of the program during that time.

Throw in the best record in the Big 10 tourney and that, also, is not even close.

Throw in a recent NCAA Finals appearance.

And, hell, let's throw in a Rose Bowl appearance for the football team last January.

Those other schools must love us because they've been awfully kind to our trophy cases. :twisted:

Go Cubs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 am 

pizza_Place: ***
A lot of big talk around here against the Illini and a school that has more regular season BB championships than any other the past 10 years and if you take out that Mich. St. got theirs all pretty much with one team, it's not even close to having anyone match the sustained excellence of the program during that time.

Throw in the best record in the Big 10 tourney and that, also, is not even close.

And, hell, let's throw in a Rose Bowl appearance for the football team last January.

Those other schools must love us because they've been awfully kind to our trophy cases. :twisted:

Go Cubs.

Oskee Wow Wow Chief! You've got me about pumped up to drive back down I-57 right now. Go Fighting Illini, NCAA juggernauts!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:13 pm 

Go Cubs.

In order: 1. Who cares about the Big 10 made for TV non-event? 2. As many NCAA Finals appearances as Indiana State, congrats. 3. I'll give you credit, that WAS one of the more entertaining Rose Bowls in recent memory. 4. Trophy cases? :lol: 5. In the interest of clearing some of the meatheaded air around here, the Cubbies are a nice little story...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:23 pm 

I wished they played each other like one series every 3 years. To many meatballs from each side of town come out for this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:27 pm 

Regular Reader wrote:
In order: 1. Who cares about the Big 10 made for TV non-event? 2. As many NCAA Finals appearances as Indiana State, congrats. 3. I'll give you credit, that WAS one of the more entertaining Rose Bowls in recent memory. 4. Trophy cases? :lol: 5. In the interest of clearing some of the meatheaded air around here, the Cubbies are a nice little story...

1. Me.
2. Thanks.
3. I enjoyed...parts of it.
4. Well, come on now, there are trophies involved here.
5. True

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:29 pm 

:lol: :lol: :lol: