It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:38 am 
1000 CLUB

Brian's Mojito wrote:
Jason, if the Cubs miss out again on the World Series title, are you going to want to try to put a positive spin on it? "At least we swept the White Sox in Wrigley".
Please. You'll be ticked off that the team failed again in the postseason.

fuck no! In 2003 when the cubs failed in the NLCS, i remember COUNTLESS Sox fans calling up B&B saying things like "i'm pretending this isn't happening", and "Well at least we beat them in the season series". Both, idiotic rationalizations at BEST. This is what it is, a late June sweep for the Cubs over their city rivals. And in a perfect world, the obnoxious Sox fans that I work with - who talked MASSIVE amounts of shit when the Sox took the leads in this weekends games, btw - will not have much to say. U are proof that they prolly WILL still have shit to talk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:29 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I believe that I have written here more than once that the Cubs are the better team in town -- at this point.
Do you believe your Sox fan co-workers will admit the same thing?
I'm just pointing out THE FACT that it is still June, and this won't soften the blow if there's another postseason downer.
If I started to try to Hawk this and complain about the umpires or just plain bad luck, then I agree with you. That's not the case.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Just because there are fools in both fan camps makes many of you lump the remainder in that group.
a dozen or 20 phone calls mean nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:13 am 

Jason in Highland wrote:
fuck no! In 2003 when the cubs failed in the NLCS, i remember COUNTLESS Sox fans calling up B&B saying things like "i'm pretending this isn't happening", and "Well at least we beat them in the season series". Both, idiotic rationalizations at BEST.

B&B taking meatball callers?!?!? NO WAY!!! :roll: :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:16 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Just got home from a wedding in Indiana and had to jump in, after missing out the past couple days.

Glad to see that Mother Nature is a Cubs fan. She must have sensed the stink from Sox fans, at the Shrine, and decided to give them a much needed shower, prior to the start of the first game.

:lol:

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:21 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Whether the Cubs will win the world series (which I have predicted too many times to count) or not, has yet to be seen. However, they have the BEST record in Baseball. They are 20 games over .500. They just swept the Sux in this just concluded series. I think it's without debate, that the Cubs are the best team in Chicago. Sux fans better just get used to the fact. It will make it easier on them, when THE CUBS END THE WAIT IN 2008!! :D :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:26 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Brian's Mojito wrote:
V, White Sox fans talk about 2005 because they WON THE WORLD SERIES.

When you're hanging you're hat on the past, you don't get to bitch when others do the same. You can't have it both ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Darren - Tinley Park wrote:
W_Z wrote:
it was started in the white sox forum, so we all are posting there...i guess we can start one here...

ah...go cubs go. :wink:

I usually don't venture into the White Sox forum too often, that's why I started the thread here. Oh well.

Great game today. Too bad I had to do yard work so I couldn't watch it live. Luckily the neighbors had their radios blaring so I listened to it in between trimming the bushes. By the way, Pat and Ron both said the drop by Patterson by the bullpen mound was a difficult play.

All I say now is, bet the house on the Sox tomorrow night. My wife and I are going and we were at the only game the Sox won last year. Also, we were at the game when A.J. hit the go-ahead homer in the ninth two years ago (or maybe it was three years). I'm hoping for the sweep but being the superstitious guy that I am, I'm not expecting them to do it.

Sure hope nobody took my advice, I'd hate to think that I was responsible for someone losing their home :). It was a great game though. But I will say that during that long walk back to the car, there were a lot of idiotic Cub fans in the streets taking this sweep way too seriously. I'm not a fan of Wrigleyville at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 10:17 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Darren - Tinley Park wrote:
But I will say that during that long walk back to the car, there were a lot of idiotic Cub fans in the streets taking this sweep way too seriously. I'm not a fan of Wrigleyville at night.
\

+1. Left the Metro not long after the game ended, and you would have thought the Cubs just won a goddam playoff series. The EL was not as rowdy as I expected though.

The station was however. The best was some big guy yelling "Doors open on the left at Sheilds!" Some other Cub fan yelled across the station, "The Red Line stops at 35th, not at Shields you dickhead!"

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 6:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brian's Mojito wrote:
I believe that I have written here more than once that the Cubs are the better team in town -- at this point.
Do you believe your Sox fan co-workers will admit the same thing?
I'm just pointing out THE FACT that it is still June, and this won't soften the blow if there's another postseason downer.
If I started to try to Hawk this and complain about the umpires or just plain bad luck, then I agree with you. That's not the case.

agreed and point taken