It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Cubs vs. Brewers
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I mentioned this last week Sunday...Lou gets kicked out on Sat., Cubs lose, then win Sunday to start the streak...reminicent of last year or not? Discuss...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:55 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
[Steve Stone]It's too bad Harden couldn't go 8 or 9.[/Steve Stone]

2 Hours later...

[Holmes]Here's something I've been thinking about for a couple weeks but I wanted to think about exactly how I'd like to word it. But, what do you think of this Cubs fans...it's too bad Harden couldn't go 8 or 9.[/Holmes]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 4:13 pm 

Lawrence Holms is....ECHOMAN!!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:26 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I was extremely happy to see Harden go 7 innings. He throws a lot of pitches, getting all the strikeouts. I think this was the first time he has completed 6 innings, much less 7. He is a dominant pitcher, but you know you are going to generally have to use the bullpen a bit, on the days he pitches. Going 7 was great. Now up 5 games in the division, man what a change over being tied Saturday night/Sunday morning. Nice to have a bit of breathing room. But now the Brewers get Atlanta, who is without Texiera (traded) and Chipper Jones (injured) so they SHOULD bounce back. However, the Cubs get the Pirates, without Jason Bay and Xavier Nady (both traded) at HOME!!! The big blue train is rollin full steam!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I noticed that you posted on this thread -- after -- the Cubs won the first two games of the Brewers series. Then you follow up with a post about the train. Nice original thought. Maybe someone on Comcast can use that line. Maybe they could even wear a hat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:15 pm 

Quote:
Nice original thought.

I dont think he used as his own.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:51 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
RodeoVann wrote:
Quote:
Nice original thought.

I dont think he used as his own.

Problems English syntax with? :wink:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:43 pm 

:D Sweet W. It was cool listening to #10 on WGN today! Way to go CUBS!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:14 pm 

#10 is a babbeling moron who has no good thoughts unless he's parroting what Pat Hughes just said, has zero objectivity and ruins all of Pat's calls by screaming over the top of them, rarely has any idea of the tendancies of any hitter or pitcher unless it's the pitcher that's starting, due to being given a crib sheet on his etch-a-sketch by Matt Boltz, brings up the most ridiculous topics known to man, is a pud to any number of people around him, friends or aquaintances, tries to prostrate himself before the hall of fame committee every year whether they're voting or not and is the worst color announcer in the history of baseball, including a list of luminaries such as Jerry Coleman, the kid that worked with Bob Ueker in Major League and Chris Singleton. The words color analysis refer to bringing color to a baseball game. The only color Ron paints with is blue, and he ends up dumping the whole can on my radio every time I tune in...

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:45 pm 

wow, sorry doc...I must have been mad yesterday...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 190 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7