It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 12:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Keys to 2008
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I didn't think it was all that weird until JULY passed and he wasn't signed...he's better than his acolyte, Juan Pierre....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:08 pm 

pizza_Place: 1. Homemade 2. Jewels
kerchungathunk wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I still don't like the Edmonds aquisition, but for a different reason. he's bound to get injured and the Cubs would have been better off with Lofton, but I'm in the minority on that...

Just what the hell did Lofton do to get apparently blacklisted? Without looking up the numbers, I thought he was decent last year. Given that, there's not ONE team in MLB willing to give him a look? Milton "Scrabblebrains" Bradley gets work and not Lofton? I'm missing something... :?

Kenny Lofton is still playing baseball? I thought I had him in a dead pool somewhere.....

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:16 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
a genius wrote:
kerchungathunk wrote:
City of Fools wrote:
I still don't like the Edmonds aquisition, but for a different reason. he's bound to get injured and the Cubs would have been better off with Lofton, but I'm in the minority on that...

Just what the hell did Lofton do to get apparently blacklisted? Without looking up the numbers, I thought he was decent last year. Given that, there's not ONE team in MLB willing to give him a look? Milton "Scrabblebrains" Bradley gets work and not Lofton? I'm missing something... :?

Kenny Lofton is still playing baseball?

Probably somewhere with Ricky Henderson. "Hey, you remind me of this kid with the Indians that I played against..."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:48 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
RFDC wrote:
Quote:
Hill to me is the wild card in the rotation

:lol:

Has there been any word on Hill's progress lately? Or is he pretty much done, atleast in a Cubs uniform?

Pinella was quoted saying that he would be shutdown, so I assume its for the year. Hill is in his doghouse.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:28 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
good dolphin wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
I don't think they have a pressing need in the rotation. They have a top 3 that will get somewhere around 50-55 wins between the 3 (I'm pencilling in Zambrano for 19, Lilly for 15 and Hill for 16). Between Lieber, Dempster, Marquis, Marshall they can squeeze another 20-25. If (and a big if) Dempster can return to his Florida days, pre arm surgery, you are looking at a top 4 that can compete with any team in the league.

I don't know if this should be broken down piece by piece or just given a general "No".

Didn't Mac serve under General No?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:50 am 

Quote:
Kenny Lofton is still playing baseball?

Probably somewhere with Ricky Henderson. "Hey, you remind me of this kid with the Indians that I played against..."

:lol: c'mon, Ricky was done when he tried to get back in through the independant leagues...Kenny's still got some baseball in 'im...

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:14 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
I don't think they have a pressing need in the rotation. They have a top 3 that will get somewhere around 50-55 wins between the 3 (I'm pencilling in Zambrano for 19, Lilly for 15 and Hill for 16). Between Lieber, Dempster, Marquis, Marshall they can squeeze another 20-25. If (and a big if) Dempster can return to his Florida days, pre arm surgery, you are looking at a top 4 that can compete with any team in the league.

I don't know if this should be broken down piece by piece or just given a general "No".

Didn't Mac serve under General No?

Who foresaw Hill blowing up like that? Wow. But their top 3 now have a total of 35 with another 8 weeks left. 50-55 is not out of the realm of possibilities (Zambrano/Dempster/Lilly). Throw in Harden with Marquis and they will be close to that 20 number for the 4/5.

Hey gooddolphin, am I crazy now?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:54 pm 

Yeah, there was no way to predict what happened to Hill. Initially it was suggested that it was mental, then an injury. Now he is in a black hole. It is really unfortunate because I had high hopes for him this year. Maybe he get some growth hormone and become the next Rick Ankiel?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
Yeah, there was no way to predict what happened to Hill. Initially it was suggested that it was mental, then an injury. Now he is in a black hole. It is really unfortunate because I had high hopes for him this year. Maybe he get some growth hormone and become the next Rick Ankiel?

Racist. :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:12 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

Im sorry, I'll go kiss Jesse Jackson's ass now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:12 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

Im sorry, I'll go kiss Jesse Jackson's ass now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:26 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Get the papers, get the papers.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:47 am 

Hill's problems exist betwixt his ears....