It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 9:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:25 am 

Every day that passes shows more and more the media created this whole thing and talks were never serious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:41 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i read this morning that the tigers want mike wuertz. wuertz has been a very reliable reliever, i wouldnt be trading him away too easily. just because you have a "strength", doesnt mean you need to trade it, especially if they do still plan on dealing for roberts. i hope they leave the big-league bullpen just the way it is, personnel-wise.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:24 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
THe Tigers' pen is in dissary...so maybe they would overpay for a guy like Wuertz.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:44 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
quietly, wuertz has been a very reliable bullpen arm. he is a nice arm to have out there, he can come in in many different situations. it sounds like the cubs have some interest in brandon inge. i dunno, is inge better than matt murton? im not sure i see where he would fit in. i dont know a lot about inge to have much of an opinion. i do know i like wuertz.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 11:11 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
The Brian Roberts Report Day 5 - All This Frustration!
by Hoffiwannalayyou

--------------------------------------

After yesterday's late report, I figured I would give myself ample time to assure you that you are fully informed on the impending Brian Roberts trade. It is the least I can do for you, the committed reader.

First, kudos to the Tribune for winning that stupid SunTimes video contest.

Mark DeRosa opened up again, this time to Paul Sullivan, in regards to the potential trade. Quote from the article: "It's funny for me," DeRosa said Friday at Hi Corbett Field. "I feel like I've done enough … where I shouldn't be put in this position. Hopefully Jim and [manager Lou Piniella] realize I'm one of the best hitters they have and my bat should be in the lineup." Having watched him last year, Im not sure I totally disagree with his statement. Though his numbers did drop in every category with the switch from Texas to Chicago, it was not that great of a drop. He did disappear in the playoffs and probably still makes for a better all-around utility guy, but I understand his issue.

Roberts went 0-4 today and also opened up to the media. There is a good article in the Baltimore Sun by Jeff Zrebiec that captures the mood with Brian right now, which is definitely not positive. After all the hoopla that has gone on in the past two months, he is obviously frustrated. I dont know how they can keep him on the team at this point because Im sure he cant be happy about it. He has still had a good spring despite the distraction. The article also mentions that MacPhail is likely holding out for more from the Cubs then the supposed offer on the table of Cedano, Veal, Gallagher and Ceda, though in my previous post I mentioned that the Orioles havent actually said who they want. MacPhail also said he wont put timelines on.

Baltimore Sun article: http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/baseball/bal-orioles321,0,687634.story

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:33 pm 

Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said Wednesday that a Brian Roberts deal with the Cubs is off the table.

"We worked at it this long, and we don’t have deal," MacPhail said. "There are other sides charactering it as an impasse. You make the judgment." The Cubs are believed to have asked the Nats about Felipe Lopez in the event that they couldn't get Roberts, but they'll probably be content with Mark DeRosa for now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:41 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Badger Vince wrote:
Orioles president of baseball operations Andy MacPhail said Wednesday that a Brian Roberts deal with the Cubs is off the table.

"We worked at it this long, and we don’t have deal," MacPhail said. "There are other sides charactering it as an impasse. You make the judgment." The Cubs are believed to have asked the Nats about Felipe Lopez in the event that they couldn't get Roberts, but they'll probably be content with Mark DeRosa for now.

Well, mission accomplished. mcPhail got his name in the paper for a few months.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:47 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
They would have to issue BRob Sosa's old locker, plenty of shelf space for pills and syringes in there...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 4:49 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Apologist wrote:
They would have to issue BRob Sosa's old locker, plenty of shelf space for pills and syringes in there...

Shit! I've been transported back to 2004!
Well at least I know not to vote for Bush. Wait, the other guy sucks too...

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
After all of the hard work in this thread, we are stuck at an impasse. Its a sad day indeed for me.