It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 7:03 pm 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
I watched game four of the 2005 World Series with a few diehard Cubs fans. After the final out, they didn't boo or try to pick a fight with any in the bar that was showing South Side love. They congratulated those White Sox fans in attendance and bought a few rounds for the celebration.
I find it hard to believe that a guy like Elmhurst Steve or Chris in Joliet would do something that classy, with the way they belittle Sox fans on this board.
If the Cubs win the World Series this year, I will buy my North Side fans a few rounds. I won't holler and hoot, but I will help make sure that the liquids continue to flow -- and that they have a designated driver to make sure that they make it home safely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:25 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Brian's Mojito wrote:
I watched game four of the 2005 World Series with a few diehard Cubs fans. After the final out, they didn't boo or try to pick a fight with any in the bar that was showing South Side love. They congratulated those White Sox fans in attendance and bought a few rounds for the celebration.
I find it hard to believe that a guy like Elmhurst Steve or Chris in Joliet would do something that classy, with the way they belittle Sox fans on this board.
If the Cubs win the World Series this year, I will buy my North Side fans a few rounds. I won't holler and hoot, but I will help make sure that the liquids continue to flow -- and that they have a designated driver to make sure that they make it home safely.

Eminently classy... and I sure hope like hell you get the chance! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:01 pm 

So do I.
BTW, I got a kick out of what Kenny said. I loved the honesty. He could have side-stepped the question, but he appeared to truthfully answer it.
SOME Cubs fans need to relax.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:36 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Brian's Mojito wrote:
So do I.
BTW, I got a kick out of what Kenny said. I loved the honesty. He could have side-stepped the question, but he appeared to truthfully answer it.
SOME Cubs fans need to relax.

Doubtless I'm one of them. So be it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:36 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Brian's Mojito wrote:

Brian-not only did I cheer for that team (I appreciate good baseball) but I bought tickets for 2 of the playoff games. One was just to take a very good friend, who is a huge Sox fan-to a playoff game. I took my son to the other. I was very happy for him and several other friends, when the Sox won that year. But that was a VERY good team. They played the right way. They HAD a very good leadoff man, with Podsednik getting on and stealing bases. Tadahito Iguchi moving him over, if not with a hit, at least with a ground ball to the right side. Konerko, Crede, Contreras, and Uribe having stellar seasons, rather than being older players whose production has slipped. It was an infinitely better and more fundamentally sound team that could execute on offense in ways the current group does not. Just look at Anderson leading off in the ninth inning of the first game of this series. Would that team, have failed to move him to third-at least, rather than making an unproductive out, as Thome did, popping out? The current team is too flawed to cheer, like the 2005 Sox. They are going nowhere this year. They will be fortunate to hold off the Tigers for the A.L. Central title.

At the same time, the Cubs are a team with MANY players in their prime and all the elements needed to win a title. It is a team that often executes on offense very well, with more than home runs. Their most glaring flaw-they also, do not have a true leadoff hitter. Plus, too often, I have seen Cub hitters fail to execute a bunt, when needed. Fukadome is one of the best bunters around and Theriot is a good bunter. But there are too many guys who do not bunt well that should be able to do that better. But all in all, the flaws are few enough, not to believe that they can win it all. Plus, I believe that Hendry will add to the mix before the trade deadline, to make the best team in Baseball, even better.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:22 pm 

With Kenny, Ozzie and Danks all talking trash, Hendry, Lou and the players have just gone out, played and won, which is maybe what Ozzie and company should do.

To be fair, I like Ozzie for the most part, but when things dont go his way, he does lower himself to that of a child.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:30 pm 
1000 CLUB

Ozzie is a child. So he doesn't lower himself to anything.

Ozzie isn't very smart. I hate when people say "Ozzie has motives for everything he does."

No he doesn't. Ozzie knows baseball. That's it. That's really all he has to know as far as I'm concerned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:31 pm 

RodeoVann wrote:
With Kenny, Ozzie and Danks all talking trash, Hendry, Lou and the players have just gone out, played and won, which is maybe what Ozzie and company should do.

something about Danks 6 inning 1 run effort tell you the trash talking somehow distracted him from performing

they are having fun and breaking up the monotony of a long season

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:35 pm 
1000 CLUB

I agree. If the Sox would have praised Wrigley Field they still would have lost both of those games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:38 pm 

GD, you need to read the post were I posted Danks is going to be a stud once he can or Ozzie allows him to increase his pitch count past 80. I just think what he did was bush.

It didnt distract him, he pitched well, I just think acting like a clown and putting a clothes pin his nose wasnt really showing any class, no matter where they were playing. Although, I have not lost any sleep over it. I dont care for wrigley and would be happy if they tore it down. For a guy in his 2nd year to do that, for me, not right, but who cares, Cubs won anyway. :wink:

Last edited by RodeoVann on Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:40 pm 

I am not asking them to praise wrigely..lol, just act like a professional man, its not hard. I dont disagree with anything Ozzie said about Wrigley, I just think Danks acted like a ass clown.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Oh relax. Danks didn't say or do anything evil. He said Wrigley smells bad. So what?

I don't think that makes him any less of a pro. It's nice to see them not act like robots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:46 pm 

I bet Carlos Zambrano smells bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:46 pm 

I am relaxed beardown, I am spending the day with my Molson ice 12 packs. Its all good 8)

For the record, it does smell, but winning makes it easier to take :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:49 pm 

Quote:

Thats it!!!!!!! Rick, I want you to write a apology to Carlos right now, how dare you say that? :lol: :lol:

Just a quick story here, Toni Kukoc was the worse smelling athlete I ever met. Met after a bulls game a few years back and the BO was present from at least 10 feet away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:01 pm 
1000 CLUB

Yeah. I've heard those stories. Kukoc is one of those Europeans that didn't believe in showers. I heard he didn't even shower after games. Eventually somebody at the Bulls convinced him that we shower in America. So I think he started showering after games.

I think Kukoc was one of the few NBA players that smoked. Could be wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:05 pm 

RodeoVann wrote:
Thats it!!!!!!! Rick, I want you to write a apology to Carlos right now, how dare you say that? :lol: :lol:

Cubs/Sox weekend brings out the worst in people. I apologize to anyone who was offended.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

you racist pig. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
This was a fun weekend. Lets do it again, next weekend. Hopefully with the very same results. How sweep it is..... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:12 pm 

The Cubs are 32-8 at the Friendly Confines, 16-20 on the road.
There's a possibility that things might be different next week. Road wins have been hard to come by for almost any MLB team. I believe there's only one team in the league with a winning record on the road this season.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:34 pm 
1000 CLUB

yes and neither of them are in Chicago - unfortunately.

The beautiful thing is - in my three sets of $5 per game with peepz - even IF the Cubs GET swept next weekend (pretty unlikely, IMO) i don't owe ANY loot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:42 pm 

That would make me rest easier at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 12:37 am 
1000 CLUB

of course it would - yer an asshole :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 7:31 am 

If this was from Jason from Munster, it would have read, "Sir, you are a disagreeable sort." The bet would have also been for much more money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:14 am 
1000 CLUB

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: