It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 3:32 pm 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:
W_Z wrote:
yeah that's the best they could do? fall out boy? thumbs down.
And they were TERRIBLE too.

They barely even sang, were completely off on their timing, and voices were shrill as hell sounding like me trying to sing. Top 10 worst in my book.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:18 pm 

hawkeye wrote:
Darkside wrote:
W_Z wrote:
yeah that's the best they could do? fall out boy? thumbs down.
And they were TERRIBLE too.

They barely even sang, were completely off on their timing, and voices were shrill as hell sounding like me trying to sing. Top 10 worst in my book.

thank you both. god damn...i hate that these guys are considered "local chicago" guys too. please disown them chicago. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 4:34 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Is it so difficult to find the key in which the organist is playing? I think it's in D which is easy enough. Musicians couldn't do it?! Get rid of the guests and play Harry each and every time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
Where's Frank to ridicule all of you for talking so much about the 7th inning stretch?

Oh, yeah, that's right, his team loss.

OH!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:00 pm 

Any questions.......????!!!!

What's up now, big Frank???? Where is your crying ass now?????

Wait - let me guess...."Learning a new song??"

Maybe finishing your mother's milk????

What's your excuse now?!?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:11 pm 

Also - just so we're all clear ----

It's still Crede over Ramirez, right? Give me a break....

Also, is game 2 now "ova"?????!!!????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Just got home from a wedding in Indiana and had to jump in, after missing out the past couple days.

Glad to see that Mother Nature is a Cubs fan. She must have sensed the stink from Sox fans, at the Shrine, and decided to give them a much needed shower, prior to the start of the first game.

Thanks to Ozzie, for putting in Octavio Dotel, whom Cubs hitters were very familiar, from his days in Houston. Also thanks for sending up Thome, after Anderson doubled, rather than someone who could have bunted the potential winning run over to third.

Great seeing A.J. strike out in the ninth inning of the second game on a Kerry Wood heater, as the A.J. Sucks, chant was in full force.

What a dumb play by Cabrerra, to take third on Quentin's single in the 9th, down by 5 runs. This is perhaps the worst team in baseball, where running bases is concerned. Situational baseball-the reward there, is not worth the risk.

Dempster going tomorrow, for the sweep. What a glorious weekend. At the reception I was at in Indiana, at least 2 dozen of us were taking turns going into a bar where they had the game on and reporting back with scores. It was almost all Cubs fans-so it was a good crowd. Not to mention, a happy one. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
W_Z wrote:
it was started in the white sox forum, so we all are posting there...i guess we can start one here...

ah...go cubs go. :wink:

I usually don't venture into the White Sox forum too often, that's why I started the thread here. Oh well.

Great game today. Too bad I had to do yard work so I couldn't watch it live. Luckily the neighbors had their radios blaring so I listened to it in between trimming the bushes. By the way, Pat and Ron both said the drop by Patterson by the bullpen mound was a difficult play.

All I say now is, bet the house on the Sox tomorrow night. My wife and I are going and we were at the only game the Sox won last year. Also, we were at the game when A.J. hit the go-ahead homer in the ninth two years ago (or maybe it was three years). I'm hoping for the sweep but being the superstitious guy that I am, I'm not expecting them to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:02 am 
1000 CLUB

Darren - Tinley Park wrote:
W_Z wrote:
it was started in the white sox forum, so we all are posting there...i guess we can start one here...

ah...go cubs go. :wink:

I usually don't venture into the White Sox forum too often, that's why I started the thread here. Oh well.

Great game today. Too bad I had to do yard work so I couldn't watch it live. Luckily the neighbors had their radios blaring so I listened to it in between trimming the bushes. By the way, Pat and Ron both said the drop by Patterson by the bullpen mound was a difficult play.

All I say now is, bet the house on the Sox tomorrow night. My wife and I are going and we were at the only game the Sox won last year. Also, we were at the game when A.J. hit the go-ahead homer in the ninth two years ago (or maybe it was three years). I'm hoping for the sweep but being the superstitious guy that I am, I'm not expecting them to do it.

so keep yer bad luck asses at home - WTF??!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:36 am 

pizza_Place: Duneland Pizza
It's a shame Ramirez couldn't have done that against either Brandon Webb, Doug Davis or Livan Hernandez LAST OCTOBER.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:55 am 

That was last year and as Da Coach says "The past is for cowards and losers". It sure is sweet to see him going yard against the Sox now, thats for sure. My God, but he beats this Sox pitching up. Sox pitching seems to have D. Lee in the groove too. Sox pitching seems to have EVERYONE in the Cubs lineup contributing. Heck, all but 1 scored in the 4th inning alone, yesterday. They are even making Jim Edmonds look like an All-Star again. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:09 am 

If the past is for cowards and losers, why do so many Cubs fan brings up 1969, 1984 or 2003?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:49 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Wait, did someone administer a Cesar Salad after the Rameriz walkoff? Wheres that replay...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:37 am 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Brian's Mojito wrote:
If the past is for cowards and losers, why do so many Cubs fan brings up 1969, 1984 or 2003?

Hmm...it seems like some people are constantly living in 2005 as well....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:19 am 

Funny things can happen in Baseball. But Cubs fans have to like their chance for a sweep here at home. Dempster, who is 8-2 with a 2.76 ERA, faces Vasquez, who is 7-5, with a 4.13 ERA. But thats not all. Dempster is 8-0 at Wrigley and coming off games against the Rays, where he went 5 innings and gave up just 1 run, to a good team and pitched a complete game the time out before that against Atlanta, where he gave up just 2 runs and struck out 11. On the other hand Vasquez has been less than stellar. Against the "lowly" Pirates, he went 6 innings and surrendered 5 earned runs. before that, facing the Tigers, he went 6 innings and also gave up 5 runs. In the start against the Twins before that, he got through just 5 1/3 before being lifted, after giving up 4 earned. Not exactly on a roll. As stated, nothing is a foregone conclusion, but it sure looks promising for a Cubs team that has already won 13 in a row at home.
We're singin-Go Cubs go. Go Cubs Goooooo......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:46 am 
1000 CLUB

Brian's Mojito wrote:
It's a shame Ramirez couldn't have done that against either Brandon Webb, Doug Davis or Livan Hernandez LAST OCTOBER.

i mean if it was me - and it was the team that I root for - i'd just take the ASS-WHOOPIN and shut up. But that's just me, idk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:14 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
He raises a pretty good point though.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:18 pm 

Sounds like sour grapes from a guy who is watching his team take the ass whoopin they so richly deserve. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:22 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
From a team that has gotten thier ass whooped for 100 years and counting now :lol:

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:34 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
From a team that has gotten thier ass whooped for 100 years and counting now :lol:

First off it's spelled T-H_E-I-R not thier. Secondly, they have had mostly winning seasons in recent years, including playoff runs just last season and in 2003. But more importantly, they are the best team in Baseball now and they are kicking the ass of the South side black sox. If you can't stand the facts too bad. The Sox will lose the division before the year is up, to Detroit. Meanwhile, the Cubs will win their division on their (THEIR) way to a World Series championship. They will remain a threat to win championships for years to come, as they have many players in the prime of their (THEIR) careers and management that will spend as needed to get top players. It's great to be a Cubs fan :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:37 pm 

The sexual tension between Frank and Elmhurst Steve is palpable. It's like Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd in Moonlighting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:51 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
the king meathead has spoken.
ladies and gentlemen the battle rages on: frank makes a common spelling error while steve is a comedy of errors.

do you guys remember those metal playgrounds growing up. they would inevitably have the "rocket." basically a round tube with a metal ladder inside, which you could climb to get to the top platform and go down the swirly slide. anyone remember how that ladder tube smelled like a combination of rust and piss? That was some stink. it reminds me of something....

anyone see the dirtball cubs fan on t.v. yesterday sitting along the wall?
they showed him a bunch of times. right around the 7th inning interview. neck tatoo, fucked up teeth. wife beater with the open jersey, metal necklace, stay classy Chicago...

how the fuck do you screw up take me out to the ballgame? they were 2 seconds ahead of the crowd...

the interview was awful bad as well.
how did you get your band name?
"uh...we stole it from the simpsons...er, i mean someone shouted it out at a show...huh.huh.huh.huh." pete wentz is a douchebag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 12:59 pm 

That's "Mr. Jessica Simpson's Brother-in-law" to you, sir.

I just try to think of her big cans everytime I see him, then it's not so bad. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:48 pm 
1000 CLUB

I did notice a hot blond grinding her ass into a fat ass dude in the bleachers yesterday. It was while they were playing "Go Cubs go."

For a moment, I forgot that the Sox lost and imagined it was my lap she was grinding her ass into.

See, there are more important things to me than baseball.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 3:08 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
It's great to be a Cubs fan :D

in our history, not so much when it matters...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 9:53 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Beardown wrote:
I did notice a hot blond grinding her ass into a fat ass dude in the bleachers yesterday. It was while they were playing "Go Cubs go."

she was a brunette... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 10:54 pm 

It was nice to see Derek Lee hitting again. He seems locked in again, as does Aramis-OBVIOUSLY. It's going to be interesting to see how they handle the outfield now. With Patterson having a couple good games, I would think that Lou might like to continue with the hot hand. Edmonds has come back from the dead and looks like he might wind up being a real key pick-up. I thought he was done. 14 in a row at home now. Thats pretty impressive. The Orioles had been playing very well of late, before losing their last couple games. Nick Markakis is a terriffic hitter, and will be a challenge for Cubs pitchers. Brian Roberts will probably be thinking about what might have been, and hoping it's not too late to be dealt here.
Sean Marshal starts game one and will be tring to show he belongs back in the major leagues. I hope he pitches great and has Lou's mind spinning, about what to do with all the pitchers going well, before Zambrano comes back from the DL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:22 pm 

V, White Sox fans talk about 2005 because they WON THE WORLD SERIES.
Spank, we're still in the regular season -- you know the time where Ramirez does the job at the plate. His postseason numbers speak for themselves. Maybe he'll turn things around in 2008? Then you can crow all you want.
Jason, why should I zip my lip? The Cubs haven't WON the World Series yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Brian's Mojito wrote:
Jason, why should I zip my lip? The Cubs haven't WON the World Series yet.

well becos the topic is here and now, and for now, the team u root for got their asses handed to them. That's my only point. If it was my team getting thumped, i'd take it and not talk shit...but as i said - again - that's just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 11:41 pm 

Jason, if the Cubs miss out again on the World Series title, are you going to want to try to put a positive spin on it? "At least we swept the White Sox in Wrigley".
Please. You'll be ticked off that the team failed again in the postseason.