It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:49 am 

I never want to see Hank White up in that situatiion gain, He is comopleting fucking useless at bat. I dont give a shit if hes a righty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:56 am 

pizza_Place: Viccinos Pizza in Downtown Glenview.
He was 4-20 with 6 strikeouts going into that ab this month. Bad call sending him up there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:47 am 

I wouldnt have pitched hit for Edmonds with Murton either. Edmonds has been hot and didnt he just hit a homer off a left (Logan) this weekend. Lou sometimes makes me wonder with his pitch hitting. I know the O's closer is tought on LHB, but go down with the two guys who have been hot in Edmonds and Patterson.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:36 am 

I better not hear Silvy getting any more shit for criticizing DP Lee. I'm sick of his "hit it to the shortstop" ways. And DeRosa needs to ride some fucking bench; he's just been ridiculous for the last couple of weeks.

I'll tell you this much: after watching Lou run out Murton, Cedeno and Blanco in key situations last night, I'm ready to get Soriano back. :?

Oh, and by the way: can someone explain why, when the Cubs have considerable talent in the minors, Murton is on this squad? What does he do well, again?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:48 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
MattInTheCrown wrote:
Oh, and by the way: can someone explain why, when the Cubs have considerable talent in the minors, Murton is on this squad? What does he do well, again?

A Courtney Gaines impersonation?

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:06 am 

^^Hmm, good point.

One more thing that bothered me last night: is there some law against throwing Kevin Youkilis a curveball? Marshall had him set up several times, and he just refused to throw that fucking curveball. I don't get it. This happens every time with Marshall: he'll get a couple strikeouts on the curveball, but then he'll refuse to use it against certain hitters for no apparent reason. It's clearly his best pitch, yet for some inexplicable reason he refuses to use it as an out pitch consistently.

Am I missing something here?

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:16 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
MattInTheCrown wrote:
^^Hmm, good point.

One more thing that bothered me last night: is there some law against throwing Kevin Youkilis a curveball? Marshall had him set up several times, and he just refused to throw that fucking curveball. I don't get it. This happens every time with Marshall: he'll get a couple strikeouts on the curveball, but then he'll refuse to use it against certain hitters for no apparent reason. It's clearly his best pitch, yet for some inexplicable reason he refuses to use it as an out pitch consistently.

Well for starters, Kevin Youkilis plays for the Red Sox.
But I agree with your point completely. The whole game was bad, bad in the field, at the plate and in the dugout. Lou did not have a good game last night, either.
This is the first all around bad game since the LA series. I hope they turn it around tonight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:20 am 

I agreed with the comment about Edmonds. I would much rather have him facing a Lefty last night than have Murton hit. Edmonds has been hot and he can handle lefties better than Murton can handle anyone.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:52 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
MattInTheCrown wrote:
^^Hmm, good point.

Well for starters, Kevin Youkilis plays for the Red Sox.

:oops:

LOL, Millar I mean.

Quote:
But I agree with your point completely. The whole game was bad, bad in the field, at the plate and in the dugout. Lou did not have a good game last night, either.

It really was. They were hitting into double plays like they were pledged one BJ per double play by that bitch that sung the stretch last night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:15 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Darkside wrote:

She came with de flame??

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:02 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Agree on the Murton thing, I don't know why he's still up here. I guess the system isn't too deep with right-hand hitting outfielders.

One of the things that worries me this series is the Cubs unfamiliarity with the O's starting pitchers. We all know the Cubs don't have a good history when they face guys for the first time. It showed a little last night, but I hope they can break that trend these next two games to win the series. Losing this series could be very damaging with the series against the Sox looming this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:19 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
i know murton has never been a power "threat", but he used to put the ball out now and again. he NEVER seems to get good wood on it anymore, and when he does, it dies about 50 feet short of the warning track. i like the guy, and i think he might be a pretty decent hitter if he ever got the chance, but everything off of his bat right now looks DOA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:26 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Damn, O's pulling their pitcher after 5 batters and 1 out. Cubs offense seems to be clicking. Could be a high scoring affair in Wrigley tonight.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 8:39 pm 

I had no idea Ryan Butt-itch is in the bigs. Good to see he's still serving up gofer balls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:43 pm 

Looks like Marmol is back to his nasty ways.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:24 pm 

Glad they won, but they should have scored 15 runs tonight, left to many men on base. Someone should let mike fontenot know if the pitcher walks 2 batters prior to your at bat, take a fricken pitch, twice tonight he swung at a first pitch which were outs.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:46 am 

RFDC wrote:

I love it when they get to put in Marmol and Wood in the 8th and 9th. Utter domination.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:13 am 

MattInTheCrown wrote:
RFDC wrote:

I love it when they get to put in Marmol and Wood in the 8th and 9th. Utter domination.

It sure is that. It is great to see Wood throwing darts again. He was hitting 98 consistently last night. When he has that fastball and then is able to break off that nasty slider he is pretty much unhittable.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Post subject: Re: Cubs vs. Oooooooo's
PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 pm 

I forgot to mention: I almost thought that DP Lee would make it through an entire game without grounding into a double play last night. He caught me off guard by grounding into his daily DP when I wasn't paying attention, as I was somewhat interested to see how the Mike & Mike interview went.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:18 pm 

*4* high fastballs to walk in a run? Come on! Also, bad defense strikes again, allowing Roberts to take second, and the Cubs are leaving too many on base again today.

EDIT:

Good one, idiot. He walks a run in on 4 high balls ahead of Huff, and then gives up a double on a 1-2 count.

Two more runs. For fucks fucking sake. And more shit defense.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:24 pm 

Santo is losing his mind, he can't get over the fact that Marquis is throwing nothing but fastballs. Game isn't over yet, but this is a very bad start.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 pm 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
They should have just pitched to Markakis. At worst he hits a three-run homer. Marquis is not the type of pitcher that I would intentionally load the bases on because you never know if he's going to throw strikes. And Marquis does need to throw his breaking ball more when he's ahead in the count.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:45 pm 

God, what a useless terd Marquis is today. It'd be nice if we could get Roberts out once per fucking day at least.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:02 pm 

Horrible start by Marquis. The Sox series could be dangerous after Dempster throws tomorrow. Gallagher and Marshall throwing Saturday and Sunday, and I have no confidence in Marshall, and I'm sure Lou doesn't either.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:07 pm 

This type of game was bound to happen. Hopefully it will wake them up and stop leavingthe bases loaded every other inning.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:08 pm 

What a bitch-ass cocksucker. I could have pitched and given up less runs. Fuck, you'd think this line-up was chalked full of all-stars the way they've lit up Cub pitching.

And speaking of bitch-ass cocksuckers, the fucking wind is blowing out.. how about a single goddamn run? If they fail to scratch this inning, I'm going to have to turn on MJH before I kill someone/break something.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:13 pm 

DP-Lee is awful right now. I would sit his ass for the rest of the game because he cant hit one out of the infield.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:17 pm 

RodeoVann wrote:
This type of game was bound to happen. Hopefully it will wake them up and stop leavingthe bases loaded every other inning.

Yep it was, and I am glad to have it happen with the O's rather than with the Sox.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:30 pm 

It's a good thing the Cubs have an easy weekend opponent before they go on the road. They can load up, get the bats going again, then go out and kick the crap out of whoever they play next week. This game is just a flea on an elephants ass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:42 pm 

Well the Cardinals blew a ninth inning lead and lost, so the day is not a total disaster.

What bothers me is the struggles of Eyre, Cotts and Wuertz (his 2.76 ERA has got to the most misleading statistic I can recall). I thought the bullpen would be a strength but since that Toronto series they have been giving up runs at an alarming rate.