It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cubs vs Fish
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:58 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Huge hit by Rameriz!!!!!!!!! The Crede/Rameriz should be laid to rest!Brenly great with putting a sponge in your pants on a humid day!

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:14 pm 

Very nice to take 2 of 3 from the fish on the road.

The Cards lose today to push them back to 7.5 games back.

The Brew Crew were down 5-1 going into the 9th and they tied it, but the Dodgers win it with a HR in the bottom of the 9th.

So the lead is back to 5.5.

Bring on Dusty and the Reds at Wrigley!

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
Dre day in the 9th for LA, awesome.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:21 pm 

Can we get Dernier or someone to help with Theriot and his basestealing? He is not even close on some of his steal attempts.

Maybe work some hit and runs with Lee, especially with Lee's propensity to hit ground balls.

A fantastic road trip, especially taking 2 out of 3 from a team fighting for their playoff lives.

And is Dempster the #1 starter on this team? Twice this week he has won the day after a Cub loss. With Zambrano doing his annual august fade, Dempster has come up big.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:46 pm 

dempster's come through more as an "ace" than zambrano. zambrano gets tunnelvision and upstairs he's a mess when things don't go his way.

i honestly think the cubs playoff rotation, should they make it, should be dempster, harden, then zambrano.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:55 pm 

W_Z wrote:
dempster's come through more as an "ace" than zambrano. zambrano gets tunnelvision and upstairs he's a mess when things don't go his way.

i honestly think the cubs playoff rotation, should they make it, should be dempster, harden, then zambrano.

If the playoffs started today that would be my rotation.

To Zambrano's credit, he did pitch exceptionally well last September and had a strong game one. Who knows, Dempster could struggle in September and Zambrano might be exceptional. At the end of September, if the Cubs do make the playoffs, it should be apparent who the Cubs #1 starter is.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:01 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
Man you guys are jumping of the z bandwagon quick. Relax, he knows whats at stake.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:39 pm 

Chris_in_joliet wrote:
Man you guys are jumping of the z bandwagon quick. Relax, he knows whats at stake.

i've never been on the z bandwagon.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:47 pm 

Zambrano will be fine. I just hope they leave Howry off the playoff roster if they make it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:02 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Yeah, Howry has been less than dependable, to say the least. I would rather see Gaudin pitch than Howry. I'm not sure who would have me more nervous, Howry, or Weurtz, if they called him back up. Either way, it's time for a few hail Mary's and a couple Our Father's, as quickly as possible.

But hey, another series win-on the road, no less. Plus, in a park where the Cub's had struggled the past few years. Now .500 on the road and 28 over on the season overall. With the Reds now depleated by losing Dunn as well as Griffey (Not really much of a loss honestly). The Reds SHOULD be hard pressed to compete. But sometimes teams in this type of situation, play very hard and aggressive. We shall see.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:20 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Yeah, Howry has been less than dependable, to say the least. I would rather see Gaudin pitch than Howry. I'm not sure who would have me more nervous, Howry, or Weurtz, if they called him back up. Either way, it's time for a few hail Mary's and a couple Our Father's, as quickly as possible.

But hey, another series win-on the road, no less. Plus, in a park where the Cub's had struggled the past few years. Now .500 on the road and 28 over on the season overall. With the Reds now depleated by losing Dunn as well as Griffey (Not really much of a loss honestly). The Reds SHOULD be hard pressed to compete. But sometimes teams in this type of situation, play very hard and aggressive. We shall see.

Indeed. I'll say this much: it's nice to be vindicated on my belief that the Dusti-led "up and comers" would be terrible. Just as predicted.

The landowner effectively owns part shares in millions of part-time slaves called, "taxpayers." -Roy L
A Personal Relationship with Jesus?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:59 am 

pizza_Place: Gino's East
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
With the Reds now depleated by losing Dunn as well as Griffey (Not really much of a loss honestly). The Reds SHOULD be hard pressed to compete. But sometimes teams in this type of situation, play very hard and aggressive. We shall see.

Actually, when it comes to facing the Cubs, the Reds not having Dunn and Griffey I think is a pretty big loss. Those two, especially Dunn, would kill the Cubs at the dish. However, the Cubs will miss Dunn playing the outfield.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:38 pm 

pizza_Place: Boboli
Just curious about Howry. He's only been put in when the lead has been fairly substantial (5 runs or so).

Now I was under the impression that when you have a lead of that nature, the pitcher is not necessarily trying to strike people out, that he'll just have the ball put in play to speed things along.

I am certainly not making excuses for HomeRun Howry, but just asking if there's truth to the above statment, and if that could be contributing to his woes (where the balls-in-play multiply and mulitply until the lead is almost gone).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:54 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
Killer V wrote:
Just curious about Howry. He's only been put in when the lead has been fairly substantial (5 runs or so).

Now I was under the impression that when you have a lead of that nature, the pitcher is not necessarily trying to strike people out, that he'll just have the ball put in play to speed things along.

I am certainly not making excuses for HomeRun Howry, but just asking if there's truth to the above statment, and if that could be contributing to his woes (where the balls-in-play multiply and mulitply until the lead is almost gone).

No, his job is to get outs. No one cares in they come on strikeouts or groundballs or pop flies.
Outs.
Outs.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:39 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Darren - Tinley Park wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
With the Reds now depleated by losing Dunn as well as Griffey (Not really much of a loss honestly). The Reds SHOULD be hard pressed to compete. But sometimes teams in this type of situation, play very hard and aggressive. We shall see.

Actually, when it comes to facing the Cubs, the Reds not having Dunn and Griffey I think is a pretty big loss. Those two, especially Dunn, would kill the Cubs at the dish. However, the Cubs will miss Dunn playing the outfield.

Dunn's trade is a real factor, as he just killed the Cubs on a regular basis. I'll bet he has some of his best stats against the Cub's. But in the past couple years, Griffey had really tailed off considerably and with Jay Bruce on the scene, there were fewer at bats for the future Hall Of Famer. You are right about his defense. He is one left fielder, who makes Soriano look decent.