It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: Bill's Pizza - Mundelein
Douchebag wrote:
good dolphin wrote:
Gibson's HR

OVER - RATED

Clap, Clap, Clap-Clap-Clap

100% correct.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:20 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
It was the greatest game in baseball history for me.
And that's all I care about.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:21 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You guys either need to make an argument that it is the greatest game in baseball history or move on.

I laughed at someone calling it the greatest game in baseball history and now you guys want to turn it into something else entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:22 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Of course it was the best game ever. It involved the Cubs. #Cubfanprivilege

#BrandLoss

pizza_Place: giordanos
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You guys either need to make an argument that it is the greatest game in baseball history or move on.

I laughed at someone calling it the greatest game in baseball history and now you guys want to turn it into something else entirely.

That is eaxactly what Doc said and what you and I immediately began to debate. Nothing more and nothing less. No best game 7, no best world series game, no best playoff game. He said the GREATEST GAME IN BASEBALL HISTORY. He is allowed for a while to feel elated but when he gets back to his sense even the good Doc has to reword it or realize it is wrong.

pizza_Place: Aurelios
My nerves are still shot.

My Cubs Fandom never included reveling in failure.
Therefore my brand or identity doesn't change.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That is eaxactly what Doc said and what you and I immediately began to debate. Nothing more and nothing less. No best game 7, no best world series game, no best playoff game. He said the GREATEST GAME IN BASEBALL HISTORY. He is allowed for a while to feel elated but when he gets back to his sense even the good Doc has to reword it or realize it is wrong.

The national media are the ones saying it. We're just repeating it. Most of us have said that we don't go back far enough to say it definitively. #2016

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:23 am 
1000 CLUB

Darkside wrote:

Of course it is. You're a Cub fan after all!

If narcissism had a color, it would be Cubbie blue.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:24 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Uh huh. Ok. Good chat.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
The national media are the ones saying it. We're just repeating it. Most of us have said that we don't go back far enough to say it definitively. #2016
You can repeat it but why the reaction when I laughed at the idea?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:25 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
badrogue17 wrote:
Ive watched the replay of the Zobrist double in the 10th a dozen times and I'm still expecting them to stab it and throw him out. It still hasn't sunk in that its over and they won. That it cant be taken away now. Its unreal.

don't forget that if the infield wasn't in for the montero single that could have been a double play which would have meant a 1 run lead heading into the bottom of the 10th.

either way it was a whole lot of overmanaging on both sides of things and i think the cubs ended up on top cuz they were simply the better team. parade ensues

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:27 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Its not laughable. Its worth discussing.

You disnising it is ironically, laughable

Who Cates tho? I don't

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:28 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

You may be right. I may change my mind. But I doubt it.

To me, the beauty of baseball is in the emotion and the history. The game moves slow until it moves very fast and draws out the suspense. Moments in a game can last forever moreso than any other sport I think.

I cannot imagine a scenario the brings out the beauty of baseball more than what happened at the end of that Game 7. I haven't seen it.

It wasn't the most perfectly played game. If that's what we are looking for, then I agree, it wasn't the greatest game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:30 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

Its not laughable. Its worth discussing.

You disnising it is ironically, laughable

Who Cates tho? I don't
Well, then discuss it then.

I'm not going to argue against people that are just falling back to "Well, some guy in the national media said it". Tell me why it is the greatest game in baseball history or move on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:32 am 

Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

To me, the beauty of baseball is in the emotion and the history. The game moves slow until it moves very fast and draws out the suspense. Moments in a game can last forever moreso than any other sport I think.

I cannot imagine a scenario the brings out the beauty of baseball more than what happened at the end of that Game 7. I haven't seen it.

It wasn't the most perfectly played game. If that's what we are looking for, then I agree, it wasn't the greatest game.
You think Cleveland fans agree with your assessment?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:33 am 

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

That is cool. That is the beauty. You get to decide how you feel and what you think about it. Enjoy!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:34 am 

Tall Midget wrote:
Darkside wrote:

Midget's worst nightmare:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:34 am 
1000 CLUB

pittmike wrote:
Boilermaker Rick wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Time to dry out, Doc.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:43 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
Hey, they asked for an explanation. There it is.

I wish I was liquored up. Looks like fun down there.

Lackey just chucked a Budweiser out into the crowd.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:46 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
You think Cleveland fans agree with your assessment?

Of course not. Is that your argument?

It's not great because the losers would disagree.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:50 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
There's a difference between saying it's the greatest game for you personally and saying it's the greatest game as an absolute.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
There's a difference between saying it's the greatest game for you personally and saying it's the greatest game as an absolute.

Not when I say it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:51 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think there could be an "absolute" greatest game, could there? If you're saying it's the greatest game ever, that has to be a subjective opinion, especially in the absence of any criteria.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:53 am 

pizza_Place: John's
Palmer Joss: Did you love your father?
Ellie Arroway: What?
Palmer Joss: Your dad. Did you love him?
Ellie Arroway: Yes, very much.
Palmer Joss: Prove it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:56 am 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Exactly.

I have no problem with anyone saying it was their favorite game ever. If I was a Cubs fan I certainly would feel the same.

I laughed at the suggestion by a media member that it was the greatest baseball game of all time and then people argued with me about it.

I'm sure if I was naming my favorite game of all time it would be a game from 2005 that to Cubs fans was just alright.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:13 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't think there could be an "absolute" greatest game, could there? If you're saying it's the greatest game ever, that has to be a subjective opinion, especially in the absence of any criteria.

But this is the privilege kicking in. Of course it is getting more play as "the greatest game" from those who are supposedly objective simply because it featured the Cubs.

Even in this forum we have seen our own great Dave in Champaign claim to be an "agnostic outsider" all while expressing a clear bias in favor of the Cubs.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:16 am 

leashyourkids wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

The greatest game shouldn't be team dependent though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:21 am 

No one will ever agree on any greatest. The greatest rbi? Sanders? Walter? Others? The greatest qb? Montana? Manning? Nameth? Greatest sb? 20? 3?
Greatest will always be highly subjective. So there is no way to say yes or no but it is fun to argue with anyone other than brick I suppose.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 11:23 am 

Darkside wrote:
No one will ever agree on any greatest. The greatest rbi? Sanders? Walter? Others? The greatest qb? Montana? Manning? Nameth? Greatest sb? 20? 3?
Greatest will always be highly subjective. So there is no way to say yes or no but it is fun to argue with anyone other than brick I suppose.

:lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4542 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 145, 146, 147, 148, 149, 150, 151, 152  Next