It is currently Wed May 22, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:26 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
WaitingforRuffcorn wrote:
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
:lol:

The Cubs winning the WS still gets under the skin. It is great

Not as salty as you have been about the White Sox having a great April and May in 2016. You have been a bitter patriot about that for four years now.

:lol: yeah that april and may of 2016 keeps me up at night.

You literally posted about it today.

:lol: my god man, it is truly hard for me to fathom someone so stupid. Leave the trolling to people like frank and dolphin and the rest of the Sox fans that actually have a brain.
Hey Fatso, I got a 90 in Biology.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:28 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

Not as salty as you have been about the White Sox having a great April and May in 2016. You have been a bitter patriot about that for four years now.

:lol: my god man, it is truly hard for me to fathom someone so stupid. Leave the trolling to people like frank and dolphin and the rest of the Sox fans that actually have a brain.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not under the skin. Nothing wrong with catching lightning in a bottle and beating up on teams in a down year in the NL, then overcoming your managers incompetence and take 7 games to beat a team that was missing their two best pitchers.

It's not nearly as good as an 11-1 domination where the manager just let his starters mow everybody down, but it's still a ring.

the astros caught lightning in a bottle at the end of 2005 season and into the playoffs and the white sox should be glad they did.

The 05 White Sox were clearly the best team in baseball that year and one of the best teams in recent memory. This is just foolishness.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:42 pm 

FavreFan wrote:
The 05 White Sox were clearly the best team in baseball that year and one of the best teams in recent memory. This is just foolishness.

Well when people actually remember it , sure.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:51 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

You'll never forget.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Not under the skin. Nothing wrong with catching lightning in a bottle and beating up on teams in a down year in the NL, then overcoming your managers incompetence and take 7 games to beat a team that was missing their two best pitchers.

It's not nearly as good as an 11-1 domination where the manager just let his starters mow everybody down, but it's still a ring.

Last time I checked Kluber started 3 of the 7 games in the WS. Maybe baseball reference loaded incorrectly for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:33 pm 

pizza_Place: Frozen
One Post wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Last time I checked Kluber started 3 of the 7 games in the WS. Maybe baseball reference loaded incorrectly for me.

If I remember the Indians had 4 key players out. But, for the Cubs to overcome Joe's many poor managerial moves has to put them in high regard. Maddon was basically doing all he do to aid the Indians.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:49 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

This is like the discussion of tv ratings. I don’t give a fuck who else remembers it and I imagine most Sox fans agree. I remember it. That’s enough for me.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:03 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
The Astros may well have caught lightning in a bottle. The Sox curb stomped them regardless. That's what historically dominant teams do.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
I’m glad the Sox have won a World Series in my lifetime.

I’m glad the Cubs have won a World Series in my lifetime.

Hopefully, they can play each other in the World Series in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizanos
Jbi11s wrote:

Hopefully, they can play each other in the World Series in my lifetime.

JBills in meme form...

We walk, talk, and won't shit our pants

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Zaffiro's
Jbi11s wrote:

....And you're absolutely ecstatic that Bronny James has grown three inches since March!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:09 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Yes petty Patty.

It’s cool to see.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:21 pm 

vitoscotti wrote:
One Post wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

If I remember the Indians had 4 key players out. But, for the Cubs to overcome Joe's many poor managerial moves has to put them in high regard. Maddon was basically doing all he do to aid the Indians.

Their best pitcher was not one of those players.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:39 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
The Astros may well have caught lightning in a bottle. The Sox curb stomped them regardless. That's what historically dominant teams do.

No question. Cubs fans can ding us for the one year wonder stuff and lack of sustained success. That’s fair. There’s no question who the more dominant team was between the 05 Sox and 16 Cubs though and we each only have one ring that matters to any fans alive today.

To rock my soul

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:38 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

No question. Cubs fans can ding us for the one year wonder stuff and lack of sustained success. That’s fair. There’s no question who the more dominant team was between the 05 Sox and 16 Cubs though and we each only have one ring that matters to any fans alive today.

Plus they beat the great Theo Epstein in a sweep who also happened to be the defending World Series champions.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:38 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

I know we go back and forth giving each other shit on this stuff but at what point did you baseball geniuses decide Corey Kluber wasnt one of the Indians top 2 pitchers?

The best 2 pitchers on the Indians in 2016 were Kluber and Miller and they both got run over by the Cub train in Game 7.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:40 am 

rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I know we go back and forth giving each other shit on this stuff but at what point did you baseball geniuses decide Corey Kluber wasnt one of the Indians top 2 pitchers?

The best 2 pitchers on the Indians in 2016 were Kluber and Miller and they both got run over by the Cub train in Game 7.

The World Series can have a game 7?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:41 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:43 am 

Brick wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

The World Series can have a game 7?

Greatest baseball game ever played

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:44 am 

FavreFan wrote:
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

the astros caught lightning in a bottle at the end of 2005 season and into the playoffs and the white sox should be glad they did.

Definitely the best team all year in 05. Same for Cubs in 16.

Not sure about historically great season. Sox playoff run was at least the 2nd best of the WC era

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:59 am 

FavreFan wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

I don't think the facts bear out that Sox team as a one year wonder.

From 2005-2008 the White Sox: won two division titles, won a world series, and won 90 games w/o making the playoffs.

2006 was the 90 win season but didn't make a WC. 90 wins is a pretty good shot at a WC, it just didn't happen that year (Detroit took the WC with 95 wins).

I think sequencing is what makes people say the Sox were a one year wonder. If the sequence went like this:

2005: crummy year
2006: 90 wins - no WC
2007: Division title
2008 Division title + WS

That sequence is the traditional building to a title that people think of, and wouldn't be considered a one year wonder. So I really think that sequencing is why people might claim one year wonder, but for that 4 year period, the White Sox were in position to contend for a title every year but one. That's anything but a one year wonder.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:02 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Uh, it's clear and undeniable that the Sox swept the Astros, but a curbstomping?

That's just not the case, the composite runs were 20-14. Those are four incredibly tight games in which the White Sox won all four to get a sweep. Sweeps are great, enjoy it, but it wasn't a curbstomping.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:04 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Curbstomping. Deal with it.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:34 am 

yeah, sox only won four straight. They didn't win each of the games by enough runs.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:37 am 

good dolphin wrote:
yeah, sox only won four straight. They didn't win each of the games by enough runs.

The Sox also didn't hit their home runs hard enough for them to really count.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Schwarb's sends his goodbyes :

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:44 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
Schwarb's sends his goodbyes :

five out of six years only because 3/4 of the division was actively tanking

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 5:56 pm 

pizza_Place: papa johns
Gonna miss Schwarber

alway sthoiught hed be a .280 35 hr 121 rbi guy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:17 pm 

No full page ad in the newspaper? I guess that tells you what he really thinks about Chicago.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next