It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 11:54 am 

pizza_Place: Rosati's
badrogue17 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Hats off to "journeyman" David Bote's agent. Still owed $10 mil on a $15 mil contract and cant make the 40 man roster. He and his agent bet on he'd be bad. Theo thought he pulled a fast one. Theo lost.

Bote has averaged 47 hits a year as a Cub.

No one ever thought David fucking Bote was going to be good.

people thought frank schwindel was going to be. they gave him a rhyming nickname and everything.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:00 pm 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
Bote had the one walk-off grand slam on Sunday Night Baseball with the airplane-style run around the bases and Matt Vasgergian ruining the moment with an awful call.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 12:51 pm 

that Santa Maria call is the worst thing to happen to sports in the history of the world

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2022 1:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
SuperNintendoHjalmarsson wrote:
badrogue17 wrote:
vitoscotti wrote:
Hats off to "journeyman" David Bote's agent. Still owed $10 mil on a $15 mil contract and cant make the 40 man roster. He and his agent bet on he'd be bad. Theo thought he pulled a fast one. Theo lost.

Bote has averaged 47 hits a year as a Cub.

No one ever thought David fucking Bote was going to be good.

people thought frank schwindel was going to be. they gave him a rhyming nickname and everything.

nobody outside of his family and the blue haired ushers at Wrigley.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Frozen
Ironic Franmil Reyes didn't make the 40 man roster. Early he was red hot (511 Aug slg) after his hitting flaws were supposedly fixed by the Cubs culture. Ross gloated mic'd up during games about how he's now fixed. Jed Hoyer when visiting the tv booth praised the Cubs culture for fixing his swing. The hitting coach during game mic'd up patted himself on the back for his prized pupils hot streak. Boog, Dempster, and Sutcliffe were ecstatic that the Cubs stole Reyes from the Indians. Even JD who fights the Cubs Marquee Shangri-La bs fell for the suckers play of predicting next year's roster penciling him in as a major '23 contributor. Then the rah rah ended with Reyes hitting collapse (Sept/Oct 193 .297 .261 .558). When he was hot "great clubhouse guy" was constantly pushed. No reason given. But I assume because he's always laughing. That all ended too.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:56 am 

its pretty rare for management to go on air and say things like "we're not impressed at all with this guy we just signed."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:24 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
i view this as a good thing. no need to make room and get rid of trash for more trash? i'm thinking the cubs believe they will make some news in free agency and do have confidence in some of the kids. only 8 non-pitching positions, can't have 4 DHs in the lineup. still need to cut the cord on rivas, ortega and we'll see what happens with contreras/gomes/p.j. higgins C issue. hoping mckinstry is next.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 2:17 pm 

Grandpa Rossy has to be taking it hard. Reyes was one of his favorites.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:47 pm 

I think Reyes comes back to the organization eventually on an NRI with a Memorial Day opt-out from Iowa.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 1:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They are going to get someone or someones huge this year....hopefully they can be more productive in their first 2 months than Heyward was in his entire god damn tenure with the team.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:49 am 

pizza_Place: John's
I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Bellinger if you can get him cheap

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:22 am 

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 10:16 am 

Rylan Bannon picked up from the Braves went to Joliet Catholic HS.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:18 pm 

pizza_Place: Sam’s - Oglesby, IL
Caller Bob wrote:
I wouldn't mind taking a flier on Bellinger if you can get him cheap

Has to be very cheap. He hasn't had a good year since 2019. He's still young (27, I think) so he could find it again. But I'm not hopeful. I guess he could be this 2023's Joc Peterson, sign him to a 1 year deal and if he has a good season, flip him at the trade deadline. If he sucks, just cut him.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:01 am 

Heyman reporting the Cubs are the favorites to sign Dansby Swanson. This is my least favorite SS out of the 4 and believe he'll be paid the least amount of money out of Correa, Turner, and Bogaerts.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:03 am 

Ron Wolfley wrote:
Heyman reporting the Cubs are the favorites to sign Dansby Swanson. This is my least favorite SS out of the 4 and believe he'll be paid the least amount of money out of Correa, Turner, and Bogaerts.

Ugh. If you are going to sign Swanson then just keep Nico at SS.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:50 am 

RFDC wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

It's the least flashy move but the one which is most likely going to avoid being a Heyward move. Nico will move over and be a gold glove 2B without the shift, Madrigal will be traded to the A's for a non-descript AA pitcher, and they will probably be able to sign one additional SP or closer.

Turner is probably going to go to the Phillies, Bogaerts insists he's never going to move off of SS and he's already not a good defensive SS, and the Dodgers will overpay for Correa.

All I want is Ohtani. On the first day of free agency next winter, publicly offer him 7/400 with 25% of that structured as incentives for a reasonable number of games pitched, like 23-24 starts per season.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 10:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

It's the least flashy move but the one which is most likely going to avoid being a Heyward move. Nico will move over and be a gold glove 2B without the shift, Madrigal will be traded to the A's for a non-descript AA pitcher, and they will probably be able to sign one additional SP or closer.

Turner is probably going to go to the Phillies, Bogaerts insists he's never going to move off of SS and he's already not a good defensive SS, and the Dodgers will overpay for Correa.

All I want is Ohtani. On the first day of free agency next winter, publicly offer him 7/400 with 25% of that structured as incentives for a reasonable number of games pitched, like 23-24 starts per season.

Somebody will offer Ohtani a better deal than that with no incentives.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:16 am 

pizza_Place: Hoagie's Pub
Ron Wolfley wrote:

bruce levine was all over this a few weeks ago, only bruce didn't tell us that swanson's fiance plays professional soccer in chicago. no doubt, the cheapest of the 4 and that would suit the cubs just fine.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:06 pm 

312player wrote:
Chet Coppock's Fur Coat wrote:
RFDC wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Somebody will offer Ohtani a better deal than that with no incentives.

I'm ok with no incentives, but you have to start negotiations somewhere... I'd rather have the John Lackey contract where after X days on the IL a club option an extra season gets tacked on at a discounted rate.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:45 am 

There is chatter they could sign both Boegarts(he would play 3rd) and Swanson. I think that would be a disaster.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:51 am 

Caller Bob wrote:
There is chatter they could sign both Boegarts(he would play 3rd) and Swanson. I think that would be a disaster.

Of course you think it is a disaster. No matter what they do or who they sign you will be bitching.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:53 am 

RFDC wrote:
Caller Bob wrote:

Of course you think it is a disaster. No matter what they do or who they sign you will be bitching.

Literally four days ago, you expressed similar concerns about Swanson

RFDC wrote:
Ron Wolfley wrote:

Who you crappin!!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:56 am 

I dont want Swanson at all. My statement had nothing to do with whether it is a good move. It was about no matter what they do you will bitch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:56 am 

Well if they sign Swanson, so will you!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:58 am 

My hope was they signed Turner to play SS. But obviously that aint happening.

I would be ok with signing Bogaerts.

But I dont see them investing that kind of money on 2 infielders this offseason.

But an infield of Bogaerts, Swanson and Nico would be a huge upgrade over what they had.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:59 pm 

Bellinger to Cubs, 1 yr, 17.5M.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Cool another low average bad on-base high strikeout guy. What a bargain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:39 pm 

I like the move, they say Bellinger could be one of the biggest benefactors from the shift ban.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:57 pm 

Caller Bob wrote:
I like the move, they say Bellinger could be one of the biggest benefactors from the shift ban.

I think it’s too much for a guy who hasn’t had a good year in 3 years. His stats are really strange. In 2019 he has nearly as many walks as Ks. Last year, 4:1 k to bb ratio. He lost his eye at the plate. If he regains it, could be a good signing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18  Next