It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 11:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:38 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
History starts at the beginning, not at some drought point that you want it to start at. Thats why there is only one first, anything. You can't start it over at any other point. Sorry, doesn't work that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:41 am 
1000 CLUB

I said first for people who aren't dead.

People who are currently living saw the Sox win a World Series in Chicago first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:54 am 

So what if it happened before you were alive? It's all a part of Baseball history. That's what makes the Cub's champions before the Sox and not after. Just as the current team, may well be the latest to win the World series this year, replacing the Sox in that catagory. Just because the people who witnessed it are mostly dead, doesnt change the fact that it happened, nor make it any less relevant. It's only ignorant, self-important morons, who would think otherwise. Plus, you say that people who are currently living, saw the Sox win a world series first in Chicago. Well, actually many people who are living, were born since the fall of 2005, so thats not necessarily accurate. So, if the Cubs win in say 10 years- for all of those kids born after the fall of 2005, that championship is null and void?? I mean, it happened before they were born, so how could it possibly count?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:57 am 
1000 CLUB

Your really are a meatball aren't you?

I'm not discounting their 1st title. I'm just saying Sox were first for those who are alive. First in that 88 year window where no Chicago team won one. That's it.

Don't write another paragraph explaining how the Cubs won the first one ever. I understand that. My God.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:03 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
Steve, how could you accept and apologize for my criticism of you acting like a boneheaded meatball, then continue the same discourse?

The Sox are the only Chicago team to win a WS in the last 100 years, whether you like it or not. Deal with it. If it warms your heart to know the Cubs won more titles in the 1900-1910 period, more power to you, I dont give a shit.

As for...

Quote:
Yes, I believe the Sox got some major breaks on their way to the title, it was discussed already, if you didn't recognize that Boston having their best starter (Schilling) out for that series and the Angels having their ace (Colon) out for the A.L.C.S. made a difference, then you are stupid or in denial of the facts

I would hope any self respecting baseball fan would realize how retarded this is. Give Boston Schilling and the Angeles Colon, and at the very least we are 11-3 and still Champs, but most likely still 11-1. Very stupid argument by someone who I consider to be pretty intelligent in all non-baseball matters, in which you seem to morph from someone with a brain into some brainwashed meatball who refers to a baseball stadium as the Shrine.

And....

Quote:
Bigfan- so reverse that. How tough will it be, when the Cub's win the World Series, for Sox fans? I assure you, it not only did not bother me a bit that the Sox won the World Series, I was at a couple playoff games and enjoyed the experience. But I get the feeling it would be torture for Sox fans to watch the Cubs win it. Why there is so much angst towards the Cubs/Cubs fans I am not sure. But there is no doubt, it does indeed exist.

Quite simply... the reason for so much angst/hatred towards Cubs and their fans is meatballs like you. I'm a Sox fan that enjoys watching the Cubs because its damn good baseball. I even rooted for them last year and in 2003, because I didnt have a dog in that fight and I thought it would be cool to see them win. However, idiots like you make me dislike the Cubs and their fans, and make me root like hell for any team opposing them because I hate the smarmy, arrogant tone you take when it comes to baseball. Why dont you just root for the Cubs, stop wasting your energy antagonizing the South Siders, and you'll most likely have a whole different perspective on how Sox fans treat you and your ilk.

And no offense, but it is quite obvious to anyone with any perceptive skills whatsoever that you are pissed the Sox won the WS. If it didnt bother you, and you actually enjoyed it as you claim(*cough cough, BULLSHIT, cough cough*), then you wouldnt spend so much energy trying to dismiss it and claim that a Cubs title this season would not only negate it but prove to be more impressive. It obviously bothers you because you are another among thousands of meatball fans on both sides of town that obsess with the failures of the other side of town as much as rejoice in your team's successes. Fans like you make me hate the Cubs, much like I imagine Sox fans like Frank who refuse to give credit to the Cubs for anything make you guys hate Sox fans. Give it up already, direct the angst somewhere else.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 am 

FarveFan- You are absolutely wrong. I really did enjoy the 2005 playoffs and World series. Not only do I not hate the fact that the Sox won, I sincerely rooted for them.However, I do believe that it makes all the difference in the world, which team wins the first game in a series. So if Schilling or Colon started in those games and won, the whole series may have gone differently. I think my posts here have gotten increasingly more abrasive as a response to posts from Sox fans that I have taken issue with. In any case, this is an area meant for Chicago Cubs posts. If you are not a Cubs fan, you don't belong here in the first place. So go back to the Sox section and talk about your own team and maybe you can re-write the history books to only include things that happened since you were born, so that saying the White Sox won the first championship in Chicago will not sound so stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:59 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
FarveFan- You are absolutely wrong. I really did enjoy the 2005 playoffs and World series. Not only do I not hate the fact that the Sox won, I sincerely rooted for them.However, I do believe that it makes all the difference in the world, which team wins the first game in a series. So if Schilling or Colon started in those games and won, the whole series may have gone differently. I think my posts here have gotten increasingly more abrasive as a response to posts from Sox fans that I have taken issue with. In any case, this is an area meant for Chicago Cubs posts. If you are not a Cubs fan, you don't belong here in the first place. So go back to the Sox section and talk about your own team and maybe you can re-write the history books to only include things that happened since you were born, so that saying the White Sox won the first championship in Chicago will not sound so stupid.

Again you are proving your anti-Sox bias. First of all, like I said, you are very foolish and baseball-retarded(Which I dont actually think you are) if you think Schilling and Colon would have made that big of an impact. I know alot of Cubs fans, and I dont know one that I consider a very smart baseball person that would say the Sox would have gone from 11-1 in the postseason to out of the playoffs completely. Please drop the argument before you make yourself look even worse.

Second, Cubs fans troll in the Sox forums even more than vice versa, so tell your fellow Cubs fans to practice what you preach before you go trying to get all self-righteous, it just looks bad.

Third, A Sox fan started this thread and it had no malicious intent whatsoever. So since you responded so many times in this thread, Im guessing it's not that you really dislike Sox fans commenting here, it's just that you have a problem with Sox fans like me that dont partake in the retarded meatball war calling you out for doing so. Im a Sox fan and I have even said in this thread Cubs fans have the right to hope for success in the playoffs and a WS berth, and despite idiots like you that make me dislike your fanbase, I will be rooting for your team if the Sox arent in it. Your team is very good. I was hoping you would be bright enough that you wouldnt respond to stupid Sox meatballs, but you have proved me wrong. You either lowered yourself to that level, or you were there already. If you notice, I have only called you and Sox fan meatballs out, I've never said a bad word about the Cubs, just that meatballs like you make me dislike them. You pay far more attention to Sox fans like Frank who love to antagonize you instead of Sox fans like me, DEP, Rick, Kid, Beardown, RR, Ugie, Stink, etc. that dont give a shit about the Cubs either way but will occasionally talk about them in terms relative to the MLB landscape. Im guessing you either hate Sox fans like us because it disproves the stereotype of Sox fans you love to perpetuate, or just because you love a good meatball argument and we wont provide it. Either way, wise up.

Fourth, as for the whole "before I was born argument", if thats what makes you sleep better, keep telling yourself that. I dont give a shit what the Sox did 100 years ago and its pathetic you care what the Cubs did 100 years ago. I only care about championship seasons I have witnessed, or at the very least came after the advent of modern communciation. If you care about championships that were won before the berth of radio or TV, more power to you. I still dont believe you though, and it comes through as an obvious defensve mechanism.

Simply put, you are just one in a million on both sides of town that care wayyyyy too much what the other side of town is doing/failing at. Worry about your own team, let the other side worry about their team, and dont fall into the Meatball trap.

I'm done with this debate, I think I've said as much as I can on the topic. Feel free to keep arguing the pointless stereotypes with other Sox fans.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:15 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Holy fuck, Steve. I know I take shots at the Cubs at lot, but after the last 2 days you are without question the biggest idiot meatball on these boards.

If you want to talk about beginings, and where history starts, and not being ignorant, then get YOUR fucking facts right. The Sox played in the World Series in 1901. The Sox also beat the Cubs in the 1906 World Series, and won again in 1917. So while the Cubs went back to back in 1907-08, the Sox have won just as many titles since 1907, and with the first one in 1906, Sox have 3 titles while the Cubs have 2. And to make sure you do know your history, I'll recap The Sox not only played in a WS before the Cubs, they also won a title before the Cubs. So you have absolutely NOTHING to stick your feather in right now. Talk about the shrine all you want, but at least the Sox have won a title since moving into thier new ballpark. And as far as ending the wait in '08, the Cub have a great team so get excited, but curb the enthusiasm. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you do not play any world series games in June.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:39 am 

Frank-you are right about the 1906 series, the first of 3 World series in a row the Cubs played in, in which the Cub's won back to back in 1907 and 1908.I'm glad you learned to Google, so you won't continue to tell people that the 2005 championship was the first in Chicago history. At least now, you know better than that. Yes the World series is not won in June, but contenders are certainly identified in June. Being that the Cub's have the best record in Baseball, that would tend to identify them as a most legitimate contender. You, on the other hand can most definitely be identified as a Sox fan, who does not belong here with Cubs fans, who come to this section, to discuss OUR team. There is a section on the message board for Sox fans, to discuss their team (it's the one nobody seems to care much about) . Why don't you find it and try concentrating on your own team, rather than just screwing around on another teams section. I know our team is better, plays in a historic ballpark that is much preffered by Chicago baseball fans as well as Baseball fans all over the country, who travel here just to see the Shrine that is Wrigley Field. I know it's located in a nicer, safer, higher socio-economic area, where crack-heads and sterno sippers don't stagger around. But you just don't fit it. Don't belong. So know your role, go back where you belong, in short, Fuck Off..... :P :P :P :P :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:44 am 
100000 CLUB

You do know you were wrong right? Getting all high and mighty with Beardown and FF talking about history and us being ignorant when YOU were the one that was wrong and ignorant, yes? Have facts gotten thru that fucking meatball head of yours finally?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:48 am 

FarveFan-No, I'm not the one who cares Waaaay too much about the team on the other side of town. I post here on my teams section of the message board. The only post I have made on the Sox side, was to encourage Sox fans to vote Carlos Quentin as a write in, for the All-Star game. I have used 2 different Email addresses to do just that myself, as I feel like he deserves a spot. But I don't go to that section to try to discuss how much better the Cubs are, or run down the Sox. You, on the other hand, seem to have visit the Cubs section here regularly and want to talk smack. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror. You seem to be the one who is obsessed with the other side of town's team-but thats typical of Sox fans. This is the Cub's section of the message board, find the Sox section and post there with Frank. You two should get along fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:02 am 

No Frank, it was not MY contention that the Sox had won Chicago's first Baseball championship, by virtue of winning in 2005. That was something only a MEATBALL Sox fan, could manage. But again, I am glad all this nonsense has served to educate you on the history of Chicago Baseball. Now go away and stay in the section designed for you, and leave decent people to enjoy their baseball team, without interlopers distracting from the experience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:03 am 
100000 CLUB

:lol:

There's plenty of Cub fans here who can talk intelligently (darko, dr ken, kerchunathunk, reason), and notice most of them will not bring up 2005. If they do, they certainly don't try to make excuses saying it was tainted. When the Cubs exit the playoffs early this year, you're the meatball fan I'll be pointing and laughing at Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:04 am 

good...god.

if this is how it is NOW, i'd hate to see how things would have been had we message boards in the early 1900's...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:07 am 

Well, since we don't allow your kind in Elmhurst, I doubt you will be pointing at me and you won't be laughing when THE CUBS END THE WAIT IN 2008!!!! Now go to the Sox section and stop obsessing over our superior team.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 am 

i don't know why you guys get into such pissing matches about the baseball teams here, you all sound equally dumb when talking about the bears... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:09 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
W_Z wrote:
good...god.

if this is how it is NOW, i'd hate to see how things would have been had we message boards in the early 1900's...

When was the shootout at the corral? :wink:

Epic pissing contest we have here, that's for sure. I'll get the popcorn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am 

W_Z-Just wait till the Cubs/Sox series starts. The vitriol is really going to be flowing. Take two rivals, Place each in first place (one by virtue of the best record in Baseball, the other by virtue of being in the weakest division) mix well and... it will not be dull!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:10 am 
100000 CLUB

Steve, the Gatekeeper of Elmhurst!

Better act fast fucker. I've got myself a meeting later today at the Buffalo Wild Wings on York. Better alert the Authorities there!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:11 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
Wow, it's only June.

Between this stuff and the political discussions, can't we start a religious thread so we can all have some lighthearted fun?

Somebody give me the Cliff's Notes here. Too many words.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:13 am 

What is the level above meatball fan? Elmhurst Steve is very close to graduating to a 6 inch meatball sub in this thread.

I think this was the quote that sealed it.
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
So go back to the Sox section and talk about your own team and maybe you can re-write the history books to only include things that happened since you were born, so that saying the White Sox won the first championship in Chicago will not sound so stupid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_World_Series

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:14 am 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.
There is nothing tainted about the 2005 CHAMPIONSHIP.
You can only play the teams on the docket, and you can only play against the players who the manager plays.
I don't care about 1906-1908 anymore than I care about 1969, 84, 89, 98, or 03. I don't care about 2005. That's history man.
I am glad the Sox fans got a taste.
I hope I get a taste before I die.
But I am not going to look in the rearview and reminisce about the Glory Days when I am living thru one of the best Cubs seasons I've lived to witness. I hope they keep it up.
Go Cubs Go.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:20 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
Wow, it's only June.

Between this stuff and the political discussions, can't we start a religious thread so we can all have some lighthearted fun?

Somebody give me the Cliff's Notes here. Too many words.

:lol:

"You suck" "No, you suck"

Good enough for ya?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:21 am 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
I think this is appropriate here...

http://www.cubsfans.com/meninblue.m3u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:38 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
FarveFan-No, I'm not the one who cares Waaaay too much about the team on the other side of town. I post here on my teams section of the message board. The only post I have made on the Sox side, was to encourage Sox fans to vote Carlos Quentin as a write in, for the All-Star game. I have used 2 different Email addresses to do just that myself, as I feel like he deserves a spot. But I don't go to that section to try to discuss how much better the Cubs are, or run down the Sox. You, on the other hand, seem to have visit the Cubs section here regularly and want to talk smack. Perhaps you need to look in the mirror. You seem to be the one who is obsessed with the other side of town's team-but thats typical of Sox fans. This is the Cub's section of the message board, find the Sox section and post there with Frank. You two should get along fine.

Please Steve, thats complete Bullshit. Yes I do post in this section, but I very rarely ever talk shit about the Cubs. I watch Cubs games because they are entertaining. Theres nothing wrong with a Sox fan watching Cubs games and posting in this section. Please try to find a post I have made here that contributes to this stupid meatball argument you love having.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Youse guys are hilarious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:51 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater wrote:
I think this is appropriate here...

http://www.cubsfans.com/meninblue.m3u

Groundbreaking stuff, sort of like the bizzaro Superbowl Shuffle. If only the outcome could have been the same.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:56 am 
1000 CLUB

For the record, I wasn't bragging about the Sox. We have a long history of sucking.

I was just answering Steve's initial question about Sox fans being mad if the Cubs win.

I'm actually beyond that but I would admit it would have stung a little bit if the Cubs ended their drought before the Sox did.

Now, that's not the case cuz we did it first. So I think most Sox fans wouldn't be bothered by the Cubs winning. Of course there are some Sox fans who take joy in the Cubs losing. Those guys will always be that way regardless of what the Sox do or have done.

Everybody says Cubs fans don't care about the Sox or what they do. I think after the Sox won the WS that changed a little bit. There is more Sox hate from Cubs fans since that happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:01 am 

Beardown wrote:
I was just answering Steve's initial question about Sox fans being mad if the Cubs win.

Thats one of the dumbest things Steve said. I think the majority of Sox fans wouldnt be pissed if the Cubs won. I think it would be pretty cool to see. Especially for alot of the older fans that remember years like 1969 first hand.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:05 am 
100000 CLUB

I saw my team win. I like to poke fun at the Cubs, but I don't care if they win. I don't root for them or against them anymore. If they win it all, great. I've got a lot of friends that will be happy. If not, the reactions from people like steve will be funny.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next