It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 12:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:25 am 

FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Im ashamed of you Zach for cheating on the drinky board post. Shame on you.

what? i JUST discovered this thread!

Fuck you. Your mother's an astronaut.

You take that back! We never landed on the moon!1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:27 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:
Im ashamed of you Zach for cheating on the drinky board post. Shame on you.

what? i JUST discovered this thread!

Fuck you. Your mother's an astronaut.

You take that back! We never landed on the moon!1

This motherfucker's too stupid to even realize he's being insulted.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:29 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Correction. This motherfucker's too...wait, what?

oh yeah a "white man can't jump" reference...cool. :? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:49 am 

W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

See...now when you two (especially FFan) can bring in the "Fish That Saved Pittsburgh"(starring a younger Dr. J) lines...then you have something :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:52 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

See...now when you two (especially FFan) can bring in the "Fish That Saved Pittsburgh"(starring a younger Dr. J) lines...then you have something :oops:

Dr. J was overrated, remember???

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:53 am 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
FavreFan wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
W_Z wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Take it easy there, Junior.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:00 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'll pretend you were just fuckin around.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:00 am 

FavreFan wrote:

Yeah, but this movie had astrology, biorythym(sp.?) charts, mood rings and all the other crap Reason loaded up on back in the day :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:07 am 

I've seen it. It's even more of an abomination then the actual story. The most unheralded star of the past 30 years(Moses) overshadowed by one of the more ovrrated stars of that era, Dr. J.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:07 am 
1000 CLUB

Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

Yeah, but this movie had astrology, biorythym(sp.?) charts, mood rings and all the other crap Reason loaded up on back in the day :wink:

Substances, don't forget the mind altering substances, for Christ's sake.
I partook in it all. Sins of the chemical and sins of the flesh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:21 am 
1000 CLUB

FavreFan wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

I'll pretend you were just fuckin around.

Go ahead an live in your fantasy world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:31 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But...you blast Jimmy from Plains, GA who "sinned in his heart", and yet now claim to be one of us...you must be an Econ professor...heartless bastard :wink: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:41 am 

Regular Reader wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Regular Reader wrote:
FavreFan wrote:

But...you blast Jimmy from Plains, GA who "sinned in his heart", and yet now claim to be one of us...you must be an Econ professor...heartless bastard :wink: :lol:

Have I mentioned yet that RR is one of my favorite posters, midguided as he may be. There's still hope for him.

To rock my soul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
I read in todays Sun Times, where A.J. Burnett says that he would welcome a trade to the Cub's "with open arms".

Ironically, Marquis-who was the guy most people would tab to be replaced in the rotation, should the Cubs trade for another starter, has wins in his last 4 decisions. Further, he has a 0.59 ERA in his last 2 outings and did not give up an extra base hit in either. Hope this continues.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:10 pm 

Way to get out of that inning.

Where was that curve ball to Rolen? Sure looked like strike 3 to me.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
marquis has incorrectly been pointed out as the weak spot in the rotation by a lot of people. marquis has pitched at least 5 inning in each start. while not all of them have been pretty, he, at very least, has kept the cubs offense within shouting distance in just about every start. the 1 and 5 spots in the rotation (zambrano, marquis) have done what they are expected to do. zambrano, to win games and be dominating at times, and marquis to just keep the offense in the game. dempster has been dynamite, no complaints there. it has been lilly (supposedly the number 2, who has been much better recently, and may not be a problem anymore) and the spot formerly filled by rich hill (number 3 going into the season) that have/had been way underachieving. gallagher looks ok, but not fantastic.

the reason i dont have a problem with marquis right now is that he has always been penciled in as the number 5 starter, and as a number 5 starter, his numbers are what you expected, maybe a bit better. without looking at stats, id like to see how he stacks up against other number 5 starters in the NL. even before yesterday, ill bet he stacked up fairly well. an ERA under 5 as the number 5 starter is all you can hope for.

the cubs need another top-half-of-the-rotation type guy, to go along with zambrano, dempster, lilly and marquis, and they would be in business. we will see who becomes available, from what i have heard, the list of available starters at this point is pretty shallow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:44 pm 

I'm not impressed with guys who go 5 innings and give up 5 runs, in those 5 innings, as he has done a couple times. But I am VERY impressed by what he has shown in his last 2 starts. MOFO-I think its very likely they will get another middle-if not top, of the rotation starter. The only question will be, whether it will be Gallagher or Marquis who is replaced in the rotation. The way Marquis has been pitching the last 2 times out, it may not be him.

Speaking of pitching-how about the job Lilly is doing today? So far, 5 shutout innings and he struck out the side in the 5th. Funny how when things are going well and the other pitchers are pitching well, it seems to get contagious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:23 pm 

Nice to win this series against the Jays, especially winning the final two against Halladay and Litsch. I was hoping for .500 road trip, now with Zambrano and Dempster going in the TB series, there is a good chance of that happening.

I know that Lou wants to get some rest for Lee and Ramirez by DHing them, but I don't like to see Ramirez and especially Lee not on defense. If a righthander is on the mound leave in Hoffpaiur at DH. Against a lefty maybe play Cedeno at second and DH Derosa. Derosa's defense scares me, he doesn't seem to go to his right very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:27 pm 

Yeah, it looked on paper, like the FIRST game in the Jays series was the most winable. But they beat the 2 toughest pitchers instead. If it were not for the ball grazing the umpire in game 1, they would have been tied at 3 and maybe swept. But taking 2 of 3 on the road is very nice. That much sweeter to have done it behind Marquis and Lilly, pitching as well as each did. I love that they have Z and Dempster going now against the Rays. But they are going to have to be in top form. the Rays are very tough at home this year. But if they can 2 of 3 there, it would be a real feather in their caps.

Too bad they have to bother with the hall of fame game tomorrow. I'm sure the players would much rather have the day off. They said they are going to bring up 15 players from the minors for the game. So any regulars will have a short day. But still, its a day I'm sure they would have liked to have to relax.

In any case they are 20 games over .500 now :D :D :D at 45-25. Man this is fun!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:48 pm 

i wish i could have watched the game...sounded like a good one...unfortunately my damn power was out ALL day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:20 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
W_Z wrote:
i wish i could have watched the game...sounded like a good one...unfortunately my damn power was out ALL day...

You and me both. Off with this morning's thunderstorm, and restored two hours ago. No great hardships, but annoying.
Changed plans and took my Dad and my boys to the Field Museum. Missed the game as a result.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:54 pm 

kerchungathunk wrote:
W_Z wrote:

You and me both. Off with this morning's thunderstorm, and restored two hours ago. No great hardships, but annoying.
Changed plans and took my Dad and my boys to the Field Museum. Missed the game as a result.

good for you, man. i wish i could have been that productive. i just stared up at my ceiling pretending to watch TV. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:59 pm 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
W_Z wrote:
kerchungathunk wrote:
W_Z wrote:

good for you, man. i wish i could have been that productive. i just stared up at my ceiling pretending to watch TV. :wink:

"Pictures of Lilly..." :wink:

Yeah, but I'm procrastinating looking for a small sludgy leak in my crypt of a basement. I did that for a couple hours this morning and all I got was filthy and supremely pissed off. The change of plans was a hook to get me out of that basement! Not as productive as I ought to be unfortunately. :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
did you guys go see the animal exhibit? thats my favorite.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:12 pm 

Colonel Angus wrote:

Shit, WHICH animal exhibit? Disasters and Underground were all we saw in detail. My boys can fixate on details for quite some time. We move through exhibits at a glacial pace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:13 am 

pizza_Place: Little Caesar's
kerchungathunk wrote:
Colonel Angus wrote:

Shit, WHICH animal exhibit? Disasters and Underground were all we saw in detail. My boys can fixate on details for quite some time. We move through exhibits at a glacial pace.

I don't know what they call it, but it's where they have all they taxidermy It's been there for years. It's cool because you get to see a lot of animals the zoo doesn't have. They even have the rare Tsavo man-eating lions. Unfortunately, they're all dead :cry: but still, very cool.

I also heard they have mythical creature exhibit, where you learn about dragons, mermaids, etc. The Field Museum always has some great stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:24 am 

Why didn't Santo make the trip this weekend? Was it just a factor of not wanting to have to go to a foreign hospital should he get sick?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:28 am 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Hawkeye Vince wrote:
Why didn't Santo make the trip this weekend? Was it just a factor of not wanting to have to go to a foreign hospital should he get sick?

i think in years past he has skipped any trips they have taken to toronto (i think they have been there once or twice previously). he might be highly allergic to french-canadians.