It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 1:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: CUbs vs. DBacks
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:13 pm 

really nice job of hitting and base running by Lily.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 am 

pizza_Place: ***
PANIC! wrote:
Wow, things could not get worse! This team can't hit! Jason Marquis is a terrible pitcher! Derrek Lee is over-rated, and a bad hitter, too! He should be benched! Aramis Ramirez is lousy! He is a terrible hitter! The bullpen is collapsing! Lou Piniella doesn't know what he is doing! Good starts are being wasted! Fukudome looks awful! The lead is down to 1 game! The Cubs are in a hopeless tailspin! Things are bad, real bad! Good teams never go into bad stretches! Good hitters never slump! This can't be happening! The season is hinging on the outcome of every game! Shuffle the lineup! Bench people! Call people up! Send people down! This is no time for patience! Things must be done, moves must be made!

Panic! Panic! Panic!

I really wish I could take credit for that. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:07 am 

OK everyone. The crisis has passed. Derrek Lee is back, and should bat 3rd. Ramirez and Soto have figured it all out. Soriano is back, and gives the Cubs the extra punch they needed. Marmol is back to his nasty self. The starting pitching is right where it should be. The Milwaukee Brewers are of little concern. Why should they be? The Cubs are clearly the best in the division, and the league. The Cubs have a strong rotation, a lineup full of fine hitters, a wonderful bullpen, and a deep, talent-rich bench. Lou Piniella is pulling all of the right strings, and Jim Hendry, as always, is constantly looking for way to improve the team. This is a wonderful time to be a fan of the Cubs; take time to enjoy every ballgame to its fullest. What a wonderful summer!

Relax.......Relax.................Relax.

GO TO YOUR HAPPY PLACE.
ALL IS WELL.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:35 am 

i would point out that right now, the brewers are on a seven game winning streak.

the cubs have played miserable baseball for the past week and are still a game ahead.

the cardinals are starting to show their true colors.

in the end, i fully expect there to be a stretch in the coming weeks where the cubs run five or six off in a row and the brewers hit a funk...its almost like in basketball where a team is down by 20 and goes on a huge run to cut the lead down to 3, but then still ends up losing by 8.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:58 am 

thrillho wrote:
i fully expect there to be a stretch in the coming weeks where the cubs run five or six off in a row and the brewers hit a funk....

Hopefully starting when the Cubs and Brewers have their series in a few days.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 am 

RELAX! wrote:
OK everyone. The crisis has passed. Derrek Lee is back, and should bat 3rd. Ramirez and Soto have figured it all out. Soriano is back, and gives the Cubs the extra punch they needed. Marmol is back to his nasty self. The starting pitching is right where it should be. The Milwaukee Brewers are of little concern. Why should they be? The Cubs are clearly the best in the division, and the league. The Cubs have a strong rotation, a lineup full of fine hitters, a wonderful bullpen, and a deep, talent-rich bench. Lou Piniella is pulling all of the right strings, and Jim Hendry, as always, is constantly looking for way to improve the team. This is a wonderful time to be a fan of the Cubs; take time to enjoy every ballgame to its fullest. What a wonderful summer!

Relax.......Relax.................Relax.

Relax = ElmhurstSteve

Match

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:05 am 

Location: In a slightly better place than before each day I remember where I'm going
pizza_Place: My house. I make a good pizza according to my family. I'll take it.
RFDC wrote:
thrillho wrote:
i fully expect there to be a stretch in the coming weeks where the cubs run five or six off in a row and the brewers hit a funk....

Hopefully starting when the Cubs and Brewers have their series in a few days.

That would be just fine in my book. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:07 am 

RELAX! wrote:
OK everyone. The crisis has passed. Derrek Lee is back, and should bat 3rd. Ramirez and Soto have figured it all out.

D lee is 5 for his last 26.
ARAm is 2 for his last 33.
Soto is 1 for his last 20.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:15 am 

conns7901 wrote:
RELAX! wrote:
OK everyone. The crisis has passed. Derrek Lee is back, and should bat 3rd. Ramirez and Soto have figured it all out.

D lee is 5 for his last 26.
ARAm is 2 for his last 33.
Soto is 1 for his last 20.

While I am not happy with the way things are going, I think the point is that even though our hitters are slumping and we have been playing like crap we have managed to stay in first. Those guys are not going to keep hitting that bad and we will start playing better.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:53 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
right on...