It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nationals @ Cub
PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:07 am 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
W_Z wrote:
RFDC wrote:
W_Z wrote:
Again. They didn't lose these games last year.

Sure they did. They had a stretch where they played pretty bad, that was the time in which Walt proclaimed the Cards are coming tra la la la

their worst month was july last year and they were 12-14. they had over .500 percentages against Washington, St. Louis, the Diamondbacks...the only teams they were under .500 against were the Mets and the Rockies.

Yes, they lost games like yesterday last year. But the game on Thursday is a character game, and they failed. i don't recall a game that hit me like that last season. Sure if they go on another stretch of 10-3 or something like that, they've righted the ship. I just don't see that happening now that they're playing better opponents.

They did have a huge lead in the division last year as well, so they didn't have to "feel" some of those losses. right now, every loss puts them at risk. so it is concerning.

I see what you're saying, but all I can hope for is that they right the ship after this minor downturn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:38 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Reality: win the division and anything can happen. Thankfully, it's a shitty division.

Maybe they can catch lightning in a bottle like the '05 Sox.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:55 am 

Jbi11s wrote:
W_Z wrote:
RFDC wrote:
W_Z wrote:

Sure they did. They had a stretch where they played pretty bad, that was the time in which Walt proclaimed the Cards are coming tra la la la

their worst month was july last year and they were 12-14. they had over .500 percentages against Washington, St. Louis, the Diamondbacks...the only teams they were under .500 against were the Mets and the Rockies.

Yes, they lost games like yesterday last year. But the game on Thursday is a character game, and they failed. i don't recall a game that hit me like that last season. Sure if they go on another stretch of 10-3 or something like that, they've righted the ship. I just don't see that happening now that they're playing better opponents.

They did have a huge lead in the division last year as well, so they didn't have to "feel" some of those losses. right now, every loss puts them at risk. so it is concerning.

I see what you're saying, but all I can hope for is that they right the ship after this minor downturn.

and i'm gonna like pat myself on the back for being right if they don't or if they tank or whatever. CH seemed to revel in blackhawks losses. i don't want the cubs to lose. i just see what i see and it's not looking good. i'd much prefer them destroy these teams, trust me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:10 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Villa in DeKalb.
They are not going to be competitive in the playoffs until they get a fucking leadoff hitter. Theo completely botched the shit out of that critically important position. How they ignored that position at the deadline blows my mind. You can trot fucking strikeout machine zobrist out there. Rizzo was fine there but they just stopped doing that all together because Bryant's dad probably cried about him not being protected in the lineup.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:29 am 

W_Z wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:
W_Z wrote:
RFDC wrote:
W_Z wrote:

and i'm gonna like pat myself on the back for being right if they don't or if they tank or whatever. CH seemed to revel in blackhawks losses. i don't want the cubs to lose. i just see what i see and it's not looking good. i'd much prefer them destroy these teams, trust me.

I don't think you would gloat about that.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:35 pm 

W_Z wrote:

You aren't CH. I was just giving you crap. I understand what you are saying. But it is a strange game. Bad things happen. Good things happen. Seasons like last year where so few bad things happen rarely occur. They are going to have another good stretch this season and they will have another bad stretch.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:37 pm 

Urlacher's missing neck wrote:
They are not going to be competitive in the playoffs until they get a fucking leadoff hitter. Theo completely botched the shit out of that critically important position. How they ignored that position at the deadline blows my mind. You can trot fucking strikeout machine zobrist out there. Rizzo was fine there but they just stopped doing that all together because Bryant's dad probably cried about him not being protected in the lineup.

Your obsession with a leadoff hitter for this team is really strange.

So the dude who starts the game off with one at bat is what is making the difference in this team? I just do not buy that.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
RFDC wrote:
W_Z wrote:

You aren't CH. I was just giving you crap. I understand what you are saying. But it is a strange game. Bad things happen. Good things happen. Seasons like last year where so few bad things happen rarely occur. They are going to have another good stretch this season and they will have another bad stretch.

I think Zach's point was more they have zero good stretches against good teams.

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:00 pm 

badrogue17 wrote:
RFDC wrote:
W_Z wrote:

I think Zach's point was more they have zero good stretches against good teams.

Yeah that is a glaring issue. But that really is meaningless going forward. Remember 2 yrs ago when the Cubs were undefeated against the Mets in the regular season and then get demolished by them in the playoffs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:14 pm 

RFDC wrote:

So the dude who starts the game off with one at bat is what is making the difference in this team? I just do not buy that.
He is the table setter!!! You go...We Go. I think having a guy who can get on and get over is very important and its not just for the first inning but he will always bat in front of your big guns. I think that has a lot to do with Bryant having a horribly low rbi total.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:16 pm 

RFDC wrote:

He is the table setter!!! You go...We Go. I think having a guy who can get on and get over is very important and its not just for the first inning but he will always bat in front of your big guns. I think that has a lot to do with Bryant having a horribly low rbi total.

That you go we go guy has not even been able to stay in the leadoff spot for the Cards.

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:18 pm 

RFDC wrote:
RFDC wrote:

That you go we go guy has not even been able to stay in the leadoff spot for the Cards.

He is probably in matheny's doghouse for bringing the looser culture to his clubhouse that has unraveled the team!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:23 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:26 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Game is free on mlb network today. ABC 7 feed.

If we win the division the Nats are the team we will be playing round 1. Nats will have home field. Let's take these 2 to take this series and feel good going out on the road.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:27 pm 

and right after i post this harper hits a bomb off the right field scoreboard.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:27 pm 

Quality start

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:28 pm 

should i even bother watching this or go out and get some breakfast.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:30 pm 

I am sure if we had a better leadoff hitter the pitchers would stop giving up first inning runs

Frank Coztansa wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:31 pm 

john jay is our only bright spot in this lineup.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:33 pm 

That's Lackey's one. He got it out of the way early.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:34 pm 

nice someone has an edwin jackson cubs bobblehead out there in the bleachers.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:35 pm 

bryant ribbie.

so we got 4 guys in the lineup who can actually do something while the rest all suck.

hard to win 4 vs 9

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:36 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
bryant ribbie.

so we got 4 guys in the lineup who can actually do something while the rest all suck.

hard to win 4 vs 9

Wut

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:38 pm 

and there's that fly / crack on top of the home plate camera shot again.

leashyourkids wrote:
HawaiiYou wrote:
bryant ribbie.

hard to win 4 vs 9

Wut

if the cubs can't get the lead here they're done.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:40 pm 

2-1 . hope.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:45 pm 

Quality start

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:46 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnatis
My God , EJax is batting practice

It aint the six minutes. Its what happens in those six minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:49 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
badrogue17 wrote:
My God , EJax is batting practice

Hard to believe they trotted him out there. Now let's hope Long Ball Lackey doesn't give it back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 279 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next