It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Baez- turd' ometer
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:56 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
IMU wrote:
They're not going to trade away stars on their current team. Cubs wouldn't be trading Rizzo or Bryant in a Sale deal for the same reason.

Probably not, but the Sox don't have to trade Sale either. And asking for Bradley or Betts isn't quite the same as asking for Bryant or Rizzo. That would be more like asking for Bogaerts which just means you aren't really interested in a deal.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:55 am 

pizza_Place: maciano's
Peoria Matt wrote:
IMU wrote:
#tradeschwarber

Yes.

No one has no idea how he bounces back. Teams want him. Perfect DH material. But I don't think they do it....they love him.

I stand with this front office in identifying and developing hitting talent. If they are this far out there with schwarber, i'm going to go with them.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 am 

pizza_Place: ------
Boilermaker Rick wrote:
win the World Series just like the Cubs wouldn't help the Sox if they were a World Series contender.

This is as it should be. Sale is soft in the head anyways too worried about dumb shit. I guess that is what happens when you have to listen to Robin Ventura in meetings all the time.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Schwarber is the best hitter on the team and will probably win an MVP at some point in his career. Get the thought of trading Schwarber out of your head.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:33 am 

Has it ever been floated about moving Rizzo to left?

He's more athletic than Schwarber.

He's a team leader/team first guy.

Theo and the front office guys go to him after this season and gauge his interest. He works on playing LF all offseason and he's in left full time and Schwarber is at 1b.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Angelo's Pizza in Downers Grove
One Post wrote:

Theo and the front office guys go to him after this season and gauge his interest. He works on playing LF all offseason and he's in left full time and Schwarber is at 1b.

You don't take a perennial gold glove candidate off of first and move him some where he has never played. Then replace him with another guy who has never played first. You just made two positions worse defensively.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:28 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
IMU wrote:
They're not going to trade away stars on their current team. Cubs wouldn't be trading Rizzo or Bryant in a Sale deal for the same reason.

Probably not, but the Sox don't have to trade Sale either. And asking for Bradley or Betts isn't quite the same as asking for Bryant or Rizzo. That would be more like asking for Bogaerts which just means you aren't really interested in a deal.

Maybe you're right. They're all studs though...those three. And to a lesser extent Shaw.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:29 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Schwarber is the best hitter on the team.

This is just crazy.

How did you determine that?

I get where JORR and dolphin come from when they talk about YOU Cubs fans falling in love with prospects.

The Cubs have found 8 position players that have worked out extremely well at their positions. The Cubs have the best record in baseball (as of a day or two ago...think it still is the case). Schwarber has not been a part of that. Why are you breaking up this core because of what someone MIGHT be? We're past needing to hope for prospects to pan out. We have found a bunch that did. If other teams are willing to take risks on Schwarber and will compensate the Cubs very well for that risk...make the fucking move.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:35 am 

Big Chicagoan wrote:
One Post wrote:

You don't take a perennial gold glove candidate off of first and move him some where he has never played. Then replace him with another guy who has never played first. You just made two positions worse defensively.

Well I think it's fair to say that given an off-season to work at it, Rizzo would be an improvement over Schwarber in left. Obviously Schwarber would be worse than Rizzo at first, but I don't think you could say both positions would be worse off.

Hopefully Rizzo has a far less chance of killing himself or others in LF compared to Schwarber.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:40 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
Schwarber is the best hitter on the team and will probably win an MVP at some point in his career. Get the thought of trading Schwarber out of your head.

Mark this one down for future use

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:56 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
Hockey Gay wrote:

Not concerned with future knee problems? I see this guy as a DH-1st baseman in the AL...no room for him here unless ya trade Rizzo...Rizzo > Schwarber.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:06 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
One Post wrote:
Big Chicagoan wrote:
One Post wrote:

Well I think it's fair to say that given an off-season to work at it, Rizzo would be an improvement over Schwarber in left. Obviously Schwarber would be worse than Rizzo at first, but I don't think you could say both positions would be worse off.

Hopefully Rizzo has a far less chance of killing himself or others in LF compared to Schwarber.

Kyle wasn't a stiff in left. He had a freak accident...should have let center take the ball. I'd give him a full season in left before you decide he can't play it. Rizzo should stay at first, he has back problems.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:08 pm 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
He absolutely was a stiff in left.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:00 pm 

One win is all it takes to send you guys back to ridiculousness. Some people can't handle even modest success.

I thought we had turned a corner but I'll go back to not posting in the Cubs section for the better of the board. I don't have the self control to go full troll on this stuff

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:03 pm 

good dolphin wrote:
One win is all it takes to send you guys back to ridiculousness. Some people can't handle even modest success.

I thought we had turned a corner but I'll go back to not posting in the Cubs section for the better of the board. I don't have the self control to go full troll on this stuff

:lol: you are so full of it

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 1:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
312player wrote:
He absolutely was a stiff in left.

He always gets compared to Dunn. He'll be a decent leftfielder as far as leftfielders go. Have we already forgotten the Glenallen Hill experiment?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:18 pm 

City of Fools wrote:
Kyle wasn't a stiff in left. He had a freak accident...should have let center take the ball. I'd give him a full season in left before you decide he can't play it. Rizzo should stay at first, he has back problems.

Did you see game 3 of the NLCS last season?

Look, he might not be the worst LF out there. I just supect Rizzo would be better out there.

It's not going to happen regardless, but if feelings didn't matter the Cubs are probably better defensively with Rizzo in left after an offseason to work out there and Schwarber at first after an offseason to work there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
One Post wrote:
It's not going to happen regardless, but if feelings didn't matter the Cubs are probably better defensively with Rizzo in left after an offseason to work out there and Schwarber at first after an offseason to work there.

that is other-worldly ridiculous thinking there.

:lol:

Last edited by man of few opinions on Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 2:50 pm 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
One Post wrote:

You debate joe orr for 9 pages over percentage points, an then post this.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:34 pm 

IMU wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:
Schwarber is the best hitter on the team.

This is just crazy.

How did you determine that?

By watching the games

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:36 pm 

312player wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Not concerned with future knee problems? I see this guy as a DH-1st baseman in the AL...no room for him here unless ya trade Rizzo...Rizzo > Schwarber.

His knee will be fine. That was a fluke injury.

His defense won't matter when he hits .338 with 47 homers in his MVP season.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:42 pm 

pizza_Place: Tombstone
Hockey Gay wrote:

especially after they come to their senses and move rizzo into the outfield so schwarber can shine at 1B.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:17 pm 

man of few opinions wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

especially after they come to their senses and move rizzo into the outfield so schwarber can shine at 1B.

Not sure you get the idea.

Nobody says Schwarber will shine at 1b, he'll just be better there relative to his play in LF.

I mean it's pretty clear that his natural position is 1b, and he'll naturally be mediocre there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:21 pm 

Hockey Gay wrote:

Also, he wouldn't be the first superstar corner infielder to move to the OF for the better of the team.

Chipper Jones did it in Atlanta, and even more recently a 400 year old Lance Berkman did it with the Cardinals.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:25 pm 

One Post wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Also, he wouldn't be the first superstar corner infielder to move to the OF for the better of the team.

Chipper Jones did it in Atlanta, and even more recently a 400 year old Lance Berkman did it with the Cardinals.

Lance Berkman came up as an outfielder. He never played 1B until the second half of his career. He wasn't exactly converted from 1B to OF. He went back to his natural position. That doesn't fit your narrative too well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:01 pm 

Location: Bohemian Club Annual World Power Consolidation Conference & Golf Outing
pizza_Place: World Fluoridation Conspiracy Pizza & WINGS!
One Post wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Not sure you get the idea.

Nobody says Schwarber will shine at 1b, he'll just be better there relative to his play in LF.

I mean it's pretty clear that his natural position is 1b, and he'll naturally be mediocre there.

His natural position is the batters box.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:07 pm 

I'm having a hard time stereotyping cubs fans as delusional or rational in this thread.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:59 pm 

IMU wrote:
One Post wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

Lance Berkman came up as an outfielder. He never played 1B until the second half of his career. He wasn't exactly converted from 1B to OF. He went back to his natural position. That doesn't fit your narrative too well.

I mean come on dude, that's more bullshit than JORR could sling.

Berkman played 120+ games as a 35 year old in 2011 for the Cardinals. The last game at OF he played before that was in 2007 when he played 30 games in the OF. The last time he played the majority of games in the OF was 2004 when he was 28 years old.

I mean shit, if you think it is stupid to move Rizzo to LF just say so, I'd probably agree with that. But to say that at 35 Lance Berkman moved back to OF to play his natural position is akin to saying that a 35 year old woman that weighs 60 pounds doesn't have an eating disorder, she' just back at her natural weight that she had as a 13 year old.

I mean if you crawled onto some chick's uterus is that back in your natural position?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:01 am 

Boilermaker Rick wrote:
I'm having a hard time stereotyping cubs fans as delusional or rational in this thread.

Just stick to the Sox forum and you won't have to analyze.

You are welcome in advance.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:59 am 

One Post wrote:
IMU wrote:
One Post wrote:
Hockey Gay wrote:

I mean come on dude, that's more bullshit than JORR could sling.

Berkman played 120+ games as a 35 year old in 2011 for the Cardinals. The last game at OF he played before that was in 2007 when he played 30 games in the OF. The last time he played the majority of games in the OF was 2004 when he was 28 years old.

I mean shit, if you think it is stupid to move Rizzo to LF just say so, I'd probably agree with that. But to say that at 35 Lance Berkman moved back to OF to play his natural position is akin to saying that a 35 year old woman that weighs 60 pounds doesn't have an eating disorder, she' just back at her natural weight that she had as a 13 year old.

I mean if you crawled onto some chick's uterus is that back in your natural position?

You're the one trying to change the definition of natural position, not me.

He started in OF and he has played more games in OF. He was an outfielder.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 188 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next