It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:16 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Jbi11s wrote:
That's good. There's no REASON to hide behind any sort of tough guy Internet mask. We are who we are. I'm glad we are coming to an understanding on such topics.

My understanding is...you're a fuck.

That's ok with me. Based on your history, I'm going to assume that's also fine with you.

So, yes, we are who we are.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:40 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:59 pm 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
- The best (most popular I mean) pitchers right now in the MLB are: Clayton Kershaw, Stephen Strasburg, Madison Bumgarner, Matt Harvey, Johnny Cueto, David Price, Felix Hernandez and Jake Arrieta. I can see why there is bias towards Kershaw and Bumgarner, but come on. Arrieta is much better than the rest of those guys right now and I think he deserves to be top 3 in every conversation.

uhhh harvey isn't considered to be one of the best pitchers in baseball.... hell he isn't even the best on his own team (in fact it's fair to say that he's been the worst!) so i think the story would be that "the dark knight" has been rather shit this year and thus the "hot takes" are on/re: "what do you do with harvey?"

syndergaard is the guy on that mets team, tho after last start we had a potential elbow scare (IT ALL COMES TUMBLING DOWN.... TUMBLING DOWN... TUMBLING DOWN) so all eyes will be on his start tomorrow/today-as-of-2-mins-from-now

cueto is having a nice year (and the giants are best in baseball since early may so thereyago), price was the big $$$ guy in boston (center of the MLB universe w/NY) and felix is another "what's wrong with him?" guy. methinks the other possible "best" pitchers include jose fernandez and uhhh..... hrmmm. idk. pretty much kershaw, arrieta, syndergaard, bumgarner, and fernandez right now. strasburg is prolly in whatever national discussion cuz ESPN/MLB had him so hyped up when he first arrived that it seemed a fait accompli that he'd grow up to be the best pitcher in baseball. suffice to say that hasnt happened yet and dusty being in washington = lol good luck with that, despite this timeless dusty quote from 2004:

Dusty Baker on his rep with pitchers (circa May 2004) wrote:
Sooner or later, somebody is going to get hurt, and then they are going to blow it all out of proportion... But go back and look at the overall picture. For a guy who is supposed to have run pitchers into the ground, look around and see our track record of how healthy our pitchers have stayed. Who has had healthier pitchers?

#INDUSTYWESPONTANEOUSLYCOMBUSTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:39 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Here's Kris Bryant hitting 3 home runs and 2 doubles. Did you know that Kris Bryant is friends with Bryce Harper. Let's talk about Bryce. Bryce is from Las Vegas, just like Bryant. I wonder what it was like for Bryant growing up in the shadows of the great Bryce Harper...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
Kris Bryant is the headline in at least 3 stories on ESPN's MLB page.

I think he's fairly represented.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:45 am 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Terry's Peeps wrote:

How many MVP's do you think he'll win?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:51 am 

pizza_Place: The Red Baron
leashyourkids wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

How many MVP's do you think he'll win?

MANY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:59 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Yea the national media sure hates the Cubs.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:18 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
America wrote:

What's to hate? Likable team that's kicking ass.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:22 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
They really aren't kicking much ass lately.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:26 am 

312player wrote:
America wrote:

Bryant refused to do a hat tip last night to an away crowd. #classact. #goodguyirl #undoubtedlybuysdrinks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:29 am 

312player wrote:
America wrote:

Cubs fans hate like 4 of your players. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:51 pm 

MLB Network Guy: So Kris, that was an outstanding game last night. Three home runs and two doubles! Wow!

Kris: Yeah, it was something special.

MLB Network Guy: You know, a lot has been said about you and Bryce Harper both coming from the same area.

Kris: Uh, yeah. Bryce is a good guy.

MLB Network Guy: He sure is! Man, what was it like growing up right there in the same city as Bryce?

Kris: It was good. He was...

MLB Network Guy: OH I CAN IMAGINE! Did you ever think, wow, I'm here in Las Vegas and I am playing baseball right across town from the greatest player in major league history? I mean WOW!

Kris: Yeah it was...

MLB Network Guy: Did you ever get his autograph? That's going to be worth thousands of dollars some day! He's just so great!

Kris: Are we going to...

MLB Network Guy: Did you ever get a look at Bryce's schlong in the locker room or the shower? How big is it really. I heard...

Kris: I'm done.

MLB Network Guy: That was Bryce Harper's friend, Kris something or another. After the break, I'll be blowing Matt Harvey under the table.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:53 pm 

:lol:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:57 pm 

MLB Network Guy: So Kris, that was an outstanding game last night. Three home runs and two doubles! Wow!

Kris: Yeah, it was something special.

MLB Network Guy: You know, a lot has been said about you and Bryce Harper both coming from the same area.

Kris: Uh, yeah. Bryce is a good guy.

MLB Network Guy: He sure is! Man, what was it like growing up right there in the same city as Bryce?

Kris: It was good. He was...

MLB Network Guy: OH I CAN IMAGINE! Did you ever think, wow, I'm here in Las Vegas and I am playing baseball right across town from the greatest player in major league history? I mean WOW!

Kris: Yeah it was...

MLB Network Guy: Did you ever get his autograph? That's going to be worth thousands of dollars some day! He's just so great!

Kris: Are we going to...

MLB Network Guy: Did you ever get a look at Bryce's schlong in the locker room or the shower? How big is it really. I heard...

Kris: I'm done.

MLB Network Guy: That was Bryce Harper's friend, Kris something or another. After the break, I'll be blowing Matt Harvey under the table.

:alien: :sunny:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:30 pm 

So coming out of the break, here is what I walked away with from the MLB Network's Quick Pitch prioritization of heir stories:

Stephen Strasburg won and has gone 13-0 to start the season. Every time a pitcher has done that, they have won the Cy Young, so naturally, he is now officially your Cy Young winner as of game 82.

The Cleveland Indians are great because Terry Francona commented on a haircut.

HOLY SHIT ITS THE RED SOX AND THE YANKEES!

Bumgarner is having a career season, but he loses, so that sucks. He could have been the All Star Game starter, but he wasn't. Oh darn.

Justin Verlander is striking people out and we love him!

And everyone loves the Dodgers!

Some Navy thing happened at this Orioles game and there was some baseball or something.

HOLY SHIT DID WE TELL YOU ABOUT THE RED SOX AND YANKEES!

St. Louis celebrated the 2006 World Series championship team. And they lost.

Oh by the way, the Cubs and Rangers played BUT HOLY SHIT RYAN DEMPSTER DRESSED UP AS HARRY CARRY ISN'T THAT FUNNY!!!!

Two of the top teams in the league are facing off and you show no highlights until 30 minutes in with very little fanfare of how well Hendricks has been this doing this year. Fucking disgrace.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:00 pm 

The Cubs were ALMOST the lead story today on Quick Pitch. ALMOST. But then they switched to show the Nationals beating the Pirates. Oh yeah, Tanner Roark is now apparently the Nationals most valuable pitcher according to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-nationals/post/_/id/1546/is-tanner-roark-the-nationals-most-valuable-pitcher). After slobbering all over the National's collective dick, it was time to talk about the Cubs... no wait, it was time to talk about the return of Yu Fucking Darvish. That was the story. Sure, the Cubs won, but Yu Darvish had 9K's and would probably have won the game, but they had to pull him based on his pitch count. Well, at least the Cubs got some highlight today and no Ryan Dempster lowlights.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:51 pm 

Are you sure you're not a Sox fan?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:12 pm 

pizza_Place: Joes Pizza
:lol:

CLH busting out the ruler to make sure Cubs columns in Tribune and Sun-Times are minimum double the inches of every other story.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:17 pm 

Terry's Peeps wrote:
Are you sure you're not a Sox fan?

I grew up in a household of Sox fans, I guess that counts.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:19 am 
Site Admin

pizza_Place: Aurelio's
It hilarious (and ridiculous) to read complaints about the Cubs not receiving coverage in the media.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:56 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Mr. Reason wrote:
Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I was just thinking there isn't enough love and attention given to the Cubs...

According to the local media, the Cubs are the greatest team of all time, and they will probably win the next 8 World Series.

During an update on the Score the other day, the update person actually promoted a twitter account dedicated to keeping track of the Cubs' magic number. In June.

Next thing you know, you'll be measuring inches in print.

It's really not that far off from the Score would tag "home of your first-place Chicago White Sox" to the legal ID before Memorial Day. I don't want them overdoing it for either team. It's amateur hour.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:01 am 
Site Admin

Curious Hair wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:
I was just thinking there isn't enough love and attention given to the Cubs...

According to the local media, the Cubs are the greatest team of all time, and they will probably win the next 8 World Series.

During an update on the Score the other day, the update person actually promoted a twitter account dedicated to keeping track of the Cubs' magic number. In June.

Next thing you know, you'll be measuring inches in print.

It's really not that far off from the Score would tag "home of your first-place Chicago White Sox" to the legal ID before Memorial Day. I don't want them overdoing it for either team. It's amateur hour.

It's actually pretty far off. When The Score had the Sox they treated them sort of like the disfigured child they were embarrassed for the neighbors to see. They're obviously very proud to be broadcasting the games of the multiple World Champions of the future.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:21 am 

Location: Pearl Harbor, Waukesha, and other things that make no sense
pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
When The Score had the Sox they treated them sort of like the disfigured child they were embarrassed for the neighbors to see.

I think we've gone around on this before, but they were perfectly happy to promote the Sox during the Ozzie years. 2012 was the last year of vociferous Sox coverage. After that, I think they knew the Cubs were in play and started treating the Sox the way they treat DePaul.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:33 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
It hilarious (and ridiculous) to read complaints about the Cubs not receiving coverage in the media.

Why? Its ridiculous that they aren't receiving more coverage. When they do get covered, its always in the spotlight of something else. Cubs are a lead story because Yu Darvish returned. Cubs are a lead story because they didn't let Bryce Harper hit for an entire series. They are one of the most nationally recognized teams and should be treated as such, for their own marketing purposes alone. This is the same bullshit that gets pulled with the Blackhawks because they aren't a Canadian team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 pm 
Site Admin

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Why? Its ridiculous that they aren't receiving more coverage. When they do get covered, its always in the spotlight of something else. Cubs are a lead story because Yu Darvish returned. Cubs are a lead story because they didn't let Bryce Harper hit for an entire series. They are one of the most nationally recognized teams and should be treated as such, for their own marketing purposes alone. This is the same bullshit that gets pulled with the Blackhawks because they aren't a Canadian team.

Whatever. The Cubs get more national coverage than anyone except maybe the Yankees and Red Sox.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:56 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

Whatever. The Cubs get more national coverage than anyone except maybe the Yankees and Red Sox.

So what?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:58 pm 
Site Admin

Mr. Reason wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So what?

So Hoffy is wrong.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:00 pm 
1000 CLUB

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

So what?

So Hoffy is wrong.

I was kinda hoping you'd say 'sew buttons'.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:43 pm 

Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:
Joe Orr Road Rod wrote:

I don't agree. Its the Yankees, Red Sox, Nationals, Dodgers, Giants, Mets, St. Louis then the Cubs. I realize the Cubs haven't won anything to deserve attention in the past, but I think this team should have gotten more attention after their playoff run last year and their very marketable, talented young players like Rizzo, Bryant, Schwarber, Arrieta and Russell.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next