It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:41 am 

pizza_Place: Geo's Pizza
Every morning I watch MLB network, including Quick Pitch and MLB Central. As a force of bad habit, I'll also still grab a look at Sportscenter. If I was looking at this subjectively:

- Its already a forgone conclusion that the Giants have won the World Series this year. In fact, I even heard today that the, "Giants are winning despite not hitting really well. Its a pretty amazing accomplishment." The Cubs are currently doing the same thing with a better record. Winning a World Series every two years does not constitute a dynasty and does not automatically mean they will win this year.
- The best (most popular I mean) pitchers right now in the MLB are: Clayton Kershaw, Stephen Strasburg, Madison Bumgarner, Matt Harvey, Johnny Cueto, David Price, Felix Hernandez and Jake Arrieta. I can see why there is bias towards Kershaw and Bumgarner, but come on. Arrieta is much better than the rest of those guys right now and I think he deserves to be top 3 in every conversation.
- Despite the incredible season the Cubs are having, the stories that ESPN and MLB keep feeding on are ones of failure and negativity. Now, I know this is Jesse Rogers, but its the lead story on the Cubs page, "Where do the Cubs go when starting pitching, defense let them down?" Nowhere Jesse. They go nowhere. But do you really think that they are going to continue playing like this the rest of the season. They have a freaking 10 game lead in the standings. You don't think its some young guys who are losing focus a bit? You don't think it has to do with the lineup changing a lot and guys learning how to deal with it?

So in conclusion, this country sucks except for Chicago.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 am 

pizza_Place: Baranabyis
Wow. National media takes the Cubs' cock out of their mouth for one second just to catch their breath and its a travesty of justice. Calm down, these same jamokes held the Cubs greatness coronation a month ago.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:51 am 

pizza_Place: Lina's Pizza
I was just thinking there isn't enough love and attention given to the Cubs...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:18 pm 

America wrote:
Wow. National media takes the Cubs' cock out of their mouth for one second just to catch their breath and its a travesty of justice. Calm down, these same jamokes held the Cubs greatness coronation a month ago.

That's actually not true. Look at the first Washington series. What was the headline? It wasn't, "look at how brilliant Maddon was to pitch around Harper! Cubs sweep!" It was, "the Cubs pitchers are cowards and they are not playing the game right because our media poster child was walked the whole series! The Cubs are cheaters!"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Crystal Lake Hoffy wrote:
America wrote:

That's actually not true. Look at the first Washington series. What was the headline? It wasn't, "look at how brilliant Maddon was to pitch around Harper! Cubs sweep!" It was, "the Cubs pitchers are cowards and they are not playing the game right because our media poster child was walked the whole series! The Cubs are cheaters!"

It's real hard to be objective when they haven't won in 108 fuckin years

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:02 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Walt Williams Neck wrote:
America wrote:

From my perpective, you meant optimistic not objective, you crotchety, old bastard.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:10 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies
Mr. Reason wrote:
America wrote:

From my perpective, you meant optimistic not objective, you crotchety, old bastard.
I love you ...you Country Cocksucker,you

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 4:22 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:
America wrote:

I love you ...you Country Cocksucker,you

I love you too, Walter. You're part of Elia's 15 fucking %...God love ya.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:18 pm 

Get a room.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:19 pm 
1000 CLUB

Get a room.

Feel free to play a nice game of hide and go fuck yourself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:21 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Get a room.

Mr. Reason. Good guy IRL.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:24 pm 
1000 CLUB

Mr. Reason wrote:
Get a room.

Mr. Reason. Good guy IRL.

I am what I am and that's all what I am...

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Al's Pizza
Terry's Peeps wrote:

According to the local media, the Cubs are the greatest team of all time, and they will probably win the next 8 World Series.

During an update on the Score the other day, the update person actually promoted a twitter account dedicated to keeping track of the Cubs' magic number. In June.

<º)))><

Waiting for the time when I can finally say
That this has all been wonderful, but now I'm on my way

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:43 pm 
1000 CLUB

Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

According to the local media, the Cubs are the greatest team of all time, and they will probably win the next 8 World Series.

During an update on the Score the other day, the update person actually promoted a twitter account dedicated to keeping track of the Cubs' magic number. In June.

Next thing you know, you'll be measuring inches in print.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:57 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Mr. Reason wrote:
Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Next thing you know, you'll be measuring inches in print.

Inches matter for those that have none below the belt.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:00 pm 

Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah, the Score has gone overboard towards the Cubs. Bernstein can stroke Theo and Maddon all he wants, but the reality is that The Plan may not work if really good pitching by the opponent beats the really good hitting Cubs. Theo signed an aging veteran pitcher and hasn't really produced a lot of pitching from the farm. I'd wish the station would dial it back a bit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:10 pm 

Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Yeah, the Score has gone overboard towards the Cubs. Bernstein can stroke Theo and Maddon all he wants, but the reality is that The Plan may not work if really good pitching by the opponent beats the really good hitting Cubs. Theo signed an aging veteran pitcher and hasn't really produced a lot of pitching from the farm. I'd wish the station would dial it back a bit.

Yeah they never kissed the Sox ass at all the last few years. :roll:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:17 pm 

pizza_Place: Clamburger's
Scooter wrote:
Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:20 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Chus wrote:
Terry's Peeps wrote:

Please tell me this is a bit. You truly can't be this fucking stupid.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:22 pm 

Isn't it shower time for you?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:23 pm 

Yes he/she can and is.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 pm 

Yes Mr. Reason the giffing is a bit. I'm sorry it's not obvious to you. I can be pretty stupid sometimes. Went to college, but ended up in the oil field. I can't be that intelligent.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:28 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Isn't it shower time for you?

I pity you if that's the best you can bring.

The only difference between you and a sack of shit is the fucking sack.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:29 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Yes Mr. Reason the giffing is a bit. I'm sorry it's not obvious to you. I can be pretty stupid sometimes. Went to college, but ended up in the oil field. I can't be that intelligent.

It really shows.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:36 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:

Everything you do is plenty obvious, no worries.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:38 pm 

Scooter wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

It really shows.

You should really try to be more positive with your internet persona. Life can't be so bad you have to project negativity in every comment.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:40 pm 

Mr. Reason wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I'm glad. Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:46 pm 
1000 CLUB

Jbi11s wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

I'm glad. Thank you.

No problem. You're about as difficult to figure out as a 6th grade algebra equation.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:51 pm 

That's good. There's no REASON to hide behind any sort of tough guy Internet mask. We are who we are. I'm glad we are coming to an understanding on such topics.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:53 pm 

Jbi11s wrote:
Scooter wrote:
Jbi11s wrote:

It really shows.

You should really try to be more positive with your internet persona. Life can't be so bad you have to project negativity in every comment.

You should go have a cup of fuck off.