It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:24 am 

pizza_Place: Pequod's / Barnaby's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm happy to se them slipping in the wild card. The last thing I want to see is the Cardinals get hot, just make the wild card and then win the wild card. I want those guys sitting this one out. As much as I enjoyed being at Wrigley last season for the deciding game 5 of the series VS St. Louis and eliminating them, I would rather they just sit this one out.

#homerthoughts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:25 am 

pizza_Place: nick n vito's
I hope the cards get In ...the Mets are the team I don't wanna see.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:42 pm 

In a perfect world the Dodgers win the west and StL, NYM, and SF all fall apart and the wild card comes down to Pitts/Miami

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:24 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
RFDC wrote:
In a perfect world the Dodgers win the west and StL, NYM, and SF all fall apart and the wild card comes down to Pitts/Miami

I could live with that outcome :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:31 pm 

pizza_Place: Investigating
Screw Miami. I am not revisiting 2003. Pittsburgh or bust.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 pm 

pizza_Place: Aurelios
beni hanna wrote:
Screw Miami. I am not revisiting 2003. Pittsburgh or bust.

The past is for cowards and losers. Juan Pierre isn't walking thru that door, Josh Beckett isn't walking thru that door.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:05 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:52 am 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:04 am 

Tra La Tra La

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:07 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Hmmm....a Cardinal thread. Well, allow me to retort!! We are a fucking mess, that's for sure. Our chances of getting past Madbum or Thor to get to you Cubs is slimmer than my dick. We can't beat Aces in the post season. (that shit with Kershaw in '13 was a miracle of Bochy mismanaging)

We do however have the curse on our side. :wink:

Last edited by St. Louis Bull Man on Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:32 pm 

pizza_Place: Quonset
GFY

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
312player wrote:
I hope the cards get In ...the Mets are the team I don't wanna see.

Pretty good chance that the Mets do get in. They have been creeping along below the radar as the Giants have swooned like a big dog since the ASB and the Cards flip flop around, not knowing WTF kind of team they're supposed to be.

Of course there's a chance that Pence will start hitting again and fire the Giants up. We play 'em a 4 game series in SF soon that will be HUGE....unless we split.....that would be best for the Mets I think.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:30 pm 

Uh oh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:56 pm 

pizza_Place: Caseys
Deadbirds.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 8:10 am 

pizza_Place: Four hours away....and on fire :-(
Awesome 9th inning last night. Three dingers with two outs!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:11 pm 

pizza_Place: ------
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not coming.

Chus wrote:
RPB is right. You suck. :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:13 pm 

pizza_Place: Pizza Cucina
Mods, please sticky.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:18 pm 

pizza_Place: A cat got an online degree.

Many that is true, but an incomplete statement.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:54 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm happy to se them slipping in the wild card. The last thing I want to see is the Cardinals get hot, just make the wild card and then win the wild card. I want those guys sitting this one out. As much as I enjoyed being at Wrigley last season for the deciding game 5 of the series VS St. Louis and eliminating them, I would rather they just sit this one out.

There was no Game 5. Just like there was no Game 6 against the Braves in 2003

This is an alarming trend with you

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:05 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm happy to se them slipping in the wild card. The last thing I want to see is the Cardinals get hot, just make the wild card and then win the wild card. I want those guys sitting this one out. As much as I enjoyed being at Wrigley last season for the deciding game 4 of the series VS St. Louis and eliminating them, I would rather they just sit this one out.

This is an alarming trend with you[/quote

No, it was game 5 in Atlanta. Never said it was game 6 (it was also the NLDS) but you are correct, it was actually game 4 of the series (home game #2) last year against the Cardinals. But I was at both clinching victories, which represent the only playoff series victories since 1908 (wildcard games do not count as a series after all) they have enjoyed, and will be there this year too. If any of this is truly alarming to you though, I think you are too easily shaken by innocuous events.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:13 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
I'm happy to se them slipping in the wild card. The last thing I want to see is the Cardinals get hot, just make the wild card and then win the wild card. I want those guys sitting this one out. As much as I enjoyed being at Wrigley last season for the deciding game 4 of the series VS St. Louis and eliminating them, I would rather they just sit this one out.

No, it was game 5 in Atlanta. Never said it was game 6 (it was also the NLDS) but you are correct, it was actually game 4 of the series (home game #2) last year against the Cardinals. But I was at both clinching victories, which represent the only playoff series victories since 1908 (wildcard games do not count as a series after all) they have enjoyed, and will be there this year too. If any of this is truly alarming to you though, I think you are too easily shaken by innocuous events.

Pretty sure you once said it was Game 6 or 7 in Atlanta. It became a running joke a few years back since Division Series only go 5

Anyway, it was a joke. No need to be so serious.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:22 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

Pretty sure you once said it was Game 6 or 7 in Atlanta. It became a running joke a few years back since Division Series only go 5

You can be pretty sure all you want, but it just never happened. It was game 5 Kerry Wood VS Mike Hampton and after the game which was attended by about as many Cubs fans as Braves fans, some of the players (including Kerry Wood) came back out on the field with bottles of Champagne they got from their clubhouse celebration and sprayed many of us who had stayed in the ballpark to soak it all in, and allowed us to enjoy the moment with them. I still consider that my favorite game ever, even better than last year's NLDS clincher VS the Cardinals. but I hoe this year that I can experience a World Series clincher, that will replace that one as my favorite.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Charlie Fox's / Paisano's
Phil McCracken wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Not coming.

This applies to the Cardinals and the OP.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:50 pm 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

You can be pretty sure all you want, but it just never happened. It was game 5 Kerry Wood VS Mike Hampton and after the game which was attended by about as many Cubs fans as Braves fans, some of the players (including Kerry Wood) came back out on the field with bottles of Champagne they got from their clubhouse celebration and sprayed many of us who had stayed in the ballpark to soak it all in, and allowed us to enjoy the moment with them. I still consider that my favorite game ever, even better than last year's NLDS clincher VS the Cardinals. but I hoe this year that I can experience a World Series clincher, that will replace that one as my favorite.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:34 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
but I hoe this year that I can experience a World Series clincher, that will replace that one as my favorite.
Superman dat.

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:59 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
rogers park bryan wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

No it definitely did. You referred to the Atlanta game 5 as Game 7, just like you just did with Cards series game 4

It was a CSFMB meme for a while with people posting about being at game 8 etc

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:42 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:23 pm 

pizza_Place: Obbies

I'm out.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:25 pm 

IMU wrote:
Elmhurst Steve wrote:

#homerthoughts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:52 pm 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
If Dodgers/Kershaw beat Giants/Bumgarner tonight, Cards tied for the 2nd WC. Giants up 1-0 in the 6th. Bumgarner beans Kershaw's pinch-hitter to get things started in the bottom of the 6th.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next