It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:12 am 

pizza_Place: Salerno's
Bochy uses 3 pitchers in the bottom of the 9th to try to hold a 1-0 lead: 3 pitchers, 4 batters, 4 hits. Dodgers walk it off on a Gonzo double with 2 men on.

Cards-Giants now tied for 2nd WC.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:18 am 
100000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Vito & Nick's
Here you are, RFDC :)

There will never be an effective vaccine. I'll never get one anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:50 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
First time I saw a thread span 2 fucking years. I don't know what the hell is happening in this division. I had zero hopes for this season. Carpenter is a mental case, Molina is fat again and a year older, Wainwright has deteriorated and Matheny is still the dumbest motherfucker in the Bigs.

The Pirates have somehow hung on with Marte on ice and Harrison on the DL for a long spell. How in the fuck did they do that? How about the Brewers? Who saw that coming?

The Cards have, of course, the wickedest pixie dust factor of the 4 contenders as proved by the various and sundry rally mammals that pop up from time to time late in a season.

But this conversation is moot because no .500 team is gonna beat the Nats and then the DODGERS! What good is making the post season when you know goddam good and well you won't make it to the WS?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 pm 
100000 CLUB

:D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:00 pm 

Frank Coztansa wrote:

Been a rough baseball decade for you Frank.

Yes it is.

CDOM wrote:
When this is all over, which is not going to be for a while, Trump will be re-elected President.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:06 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
Frank Coztansa wrote:

Fuck off, you chubby little rascal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:45 pm 

pizza_Place: Lucio's
Fuck the Cardinals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:27 am 
100000 CLUB

Frank Coztansa wrote:
They are not just coming, they are here.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:41 am 

pizza_Place: giordanos
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

And it will remain that way. :lol:

-Ronald Reagan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:42 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Quote:
National League Central is now the Cardinals' to lose

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns ... dba.html#1

The Missing Link wrote:
For instance they were never taught that Columbus was a slave owner.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:36 am 

pizza_Place: Papa Johns
The Cardinal's and their top flight fans are coming to wreck the Cubs fading playoff hopes and their buttholes.

It's over, folks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:46 am 

pizza_Place: What??
SomeGuy wrote:
The Cardinal's and their top flight fans are coming to wreck the Cubs fading playoff hopes and their buttholes.

It's over, folks.

Best fans in the country as ranked by any publication you can name. No ivy or plexiglass or any other circuses for those folks.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:52 am 

Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

giving a facial to the cubs

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:54 am 

Do we need a Cardinals section?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Mauries Table
Currently watching the Cardinals trounce the Brewers. Their hitters really look solid...much better than early in the season.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 7:16 pm 

pittmike wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:
Frank Coztansa wrote:

And it will remain that way. :lol:

Hopefully :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:47 pm 

Cubs now 3 back with 33 to play. They can’t aftord to fall back any further

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:00 pm 

Definitely a dire situation for the division. Cardinals are playing really well right now. Have to hope they cool off and stay within striking distance for those 7 games left with the Cubs.

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 9:10 pm 
1000 CLUB

St.Louis finishes August with 3 at Milwaukee and 3 at home vs. Cincinnati , 4 vs. SF to start September. They do have a 3 game set (at home) vs. Washington and have to play Arizona and Colorado on the road, but that schedule, while competitive, isn't as bad as the Cubs remaining games.

Cubs have a rough end of month with 3 at NY vs. a hot Mets team and their top 3 starters. They do finish at home against Milwaukee, who appears to be fading and then Seattle. They should be able to go 4-1 on that home stand. A stretch of 14 games (8 on the road vs. Milwaukee/SD and home vs. Cincinnati/Pittsburgh)....6 games total vs. the Pirates in September. If they can avoid falling 5 or 6 back over the next set of games, I think they will be right there come end of September.

7 of the final 10 games of the regular season are between the Cubs and Cardinals so either team can't really afford to be more than 2 games back entering that stretch.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2019 10:25 pm 
1000 CLUB

pizza_Place: Papa Dells
It’s over. The Cub are a true three outcome team...homerun, walk or strikeout. That doesn’t win games, no matter what the metrics say.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 8:50 am 

Mr. Reason wrote:
It’s over. The Cub are a true three outcome team...homerun, walk or strikeout. That doesn’t win games, no matter what the metrics say.

It's not over but I do think they are playing for their playoff lives this week

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:04 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Teams sometimes go on a run and win a Championship in a season where they looked mediocre for the most part. The Cardinals team that went 83-79 (2006 I believe) was one of the worst regular season teams to qualify for the post-season. But they went on a good run at the right time. That could happen with the Cubs and is the only way they win a title this season. The Astros and Dodgers are teams that look like championship material. Atlanta looks like a solid contender as well. I said in the winter that they needed a leadoff hitter and wanted Whit Merrifield before it became fashionable. They have never replaced Fowler. never seen the need for a true leadoff hitter and it is a huge problem now. They are last in OBP in the leadoff spot. That is their biggest problem. They knew they had a problem with the leadoff spot and with the closer and did nothing to address either until July, with Kimbrel. Zobrist isn't hitting his weight in his minor league assignments so far, so counting on him to turn things around in the leadoff spot would be foolish. They have some work to do this winter and I hope Theo does a better job than this past winter. Maddon will be gone and big changes are likely. Unless they go on that run....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:07 am 

Elmhurst Steve wrote:
Teams sometimes go on a run and win a Championship in a season where they looked mediocre for the most part. That could happen with the Cubs and is the only way they win a title this season.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:10 am 

Cubs had like a 5 game lead at this point last yr.

But this will prob be a year where the Cardinals get in and get hot and win world series and I will have to live with their bullshit

Frank Coztansa wrote:
I have MANY years of experience in trying to appreciate steaming piles of dogshit.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 9:19 am 
100000 CLUB

good dolphin wrote:
Mr. Reason wrote:

It's not over but I do think they are playing for their playoff lives this week
As are the Mets who probably need to take at least 2 of 3 to stay in the WC hunt.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 2:04 pm 

pizza_Place: Le Grand Pizza
Elmhurst Steve wrote:
They have never replaced Fowler. never seen the need for a true leadoff hitter and it is a huge problem now. They are last in OBP in the leadoff spot. That is their biggest problem. They knew they had a problem with the leadoff spot and with the closer and did nothing to address either until July

I totally agree about the value of a leadoff hitter. The idea of putting a slow power hitter there makes no sense for obvious reasons. After 2+ years Matt Carpenter has finally been dropped down to the 7th spot (when he's not benched for fake injuries)

We can put the Brewers to rest for this season. Not the same team. It's the Nats and Braves that scare me.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:23 pm 

pizza_Place: aurelios
A caller on The Score the other day talked about the home run-or-nothing approach of the Cubs batters and how this is not how Maddon wants them to hit however it's a club directive. Is this true? And how to explain Castellanos' approach at the plate, is he going against the wishes of management?

I remember in 2016, there was so much talk about Cubs batters going deep into counts and wearing down pitchers, why is this no longer a thing?

Last edited by rogar6 on Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:25 pm 

pizza_Place: A few...
I guess strikeouts do matter.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:30 pm 
100000 CLUB

rogar6 wrote:
I remember in 2016, there was so much talk about Cubs batters going deep into counts and wearing down pitchers, why is this no longer a thing?
In 2016, they beat up on a historically weak NL and could afford to sit and 'wait for their pitch' as they had 5 run leads all the time.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:32 pm 

pizza_Place: giordanos
rogar6 wrote:
A called on The Score the other day talked about the home run or nothing approach of the Cubs batters and how this is not how Maddon wants them to hit but it's a club directive. Is this true? And how to explain Castellanos' approach at the plate, is he going against the wishes of management?

There are many contradictions in this vein that need to be answered by various actors in the play.

-Ronald Reagan

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 287 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next