It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MLB Subscription
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:43 pm 

pizza_Place: It's gone
Anyone here have that MLB Subscription where you can watch all the games for all the teams? I think I may go with it to watch the Cubs. Last time I had it it was back in 2004.

Any improvements in 13 years? I see my cable company offers MLB Extra Innings vs what is online is called MLB TV. Does MLB Extra Innings give me the MLB TV subscription also? I'd like to watch on tv, phone, tablet, pc, and radio.

Post subject: Re: MLB Subscription
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 9:54 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou's, Pequod's
Last year it was free if you had T-Mobile. They thing is, even with the app you are blacked out of Cubs home games unless you spoof your IP (not hard) to make it think you are in India or something.

If you are an out-of-market fan, it's great. I used it the last 3 years to watch about 85% of the Cardinals games.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:03 pm 

Apologist wrote:
Last year it was free if you had T-Mobile. They thing is, even with the app you are blacked out of Cubs home games unless you spoof your IP (not hard) to make it think you are in India or something.

If you are an out-of-market fan, it's great. I used it the last 3 years to watch about 85% of the Cardinals games.

Did you get mlb tv or extra innings? I see they have an option on mlb tv just to follow one team. Saves like $25 bucks but I would like to have the option to watch all the teams. Also were the games in HD or SD?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:44 pm 

MLB.tv.

It's in whatever definition the device you are currently using can handle. HD if you are at home on your desktop, etc.

maybe SD if you are on the road on laptop on a shitty Wi-Fi... or your phone is off of 4g or something. Spend the extra $25. I found myself watching a ton of out of market teams (like a Kershaw vs Syndegaard matchup or something) in the rare cases I was blacked out (who knew Bloomington IN was a Cardinal blackout zone). You can also watch multiple games if you use small windows, or a picture-in-picture option.

PS. another thing that's great is you can toggle between home and road announcer teams. Nothing more grandiose than to tune in to Scully games, or for fun-bad purposes Brennaman on Reds games where they were shitty (he says some of the dumbest shit re:vitriol towards the Reds opponents, and often, Reds management itself)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:58 am 

btw how is tHom Brenneman doing these days? I thought he was too green when he was the Cubs announcer but I got use to him and he was pretty good at the end. Don't remember why they got rid of him.

ps DeWayne Stats Cubs announcing years just popped into my head for no apparent reason. I think I was the only guy who liked him back then.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:19 am 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
How much is this? I'd like to get extra innings this season.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:14 am 

Hockey Gay wrote:
How much is this? I'd like to get extra innings this season.

I think the price will come out soon. Last I remember $134 or around that.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 12:56 am 

pizza_Place: Q's Hillside
I have MLB.TV. I use it a lot, probably 4 nights a week during the season. Listening to Vin Scully was a treat. At home, I put on Orioles or Giants games from the beginning when I go to bed because I like their announcing teams, and don't care if I doze off half way through. When I'm on work travel, I watch the Cubs from whatever hotel I'm in, and listen to Pat and Ron on my phone in the car.

I think it's $109 this year, but I may be mistaken.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:50 am 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
I get it nearly every year. Now that the Cubs will be on NBC Sports Live app, I'll have that too when they're not on broadcast. It's worth it every year...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:31 am 

pizza_Place: how many planets have a chicago?
mlb.tv has been my backup for the last ~3 seasons, so i'm certainly hoping that it's free again like last year.

the most underrated bit is that on the mlb at bat app for your phone you get all of the radio calls, which is priceless! although now i've got unlimited with verizon so i'm finding that i can rock out a lot more mobile streaming (the internet radio alone has been phenominal since the ~$13/month extra jump to unlimited)

plus it's also fun to, say, have the boston video feed with the orioles radio audio if you want. that's the slickest part about mlb.tv on your computer-proper!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:34 am 

Apologist wrote:
(like a Kershaw vs Syndegaard matchup or something)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 10:58 am 

I really enjoy the Mets radio feed. Howie Rose is one of a kind, Josh Lewin has improved since his days in Chicago many years ago, and Randazzo doesn't suck in the Grote role. It's especially fun when the Mets are getting pummeled, because Howie doesn't give even half a fuck and will start calling players out.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:18 pm 

I actually like the Mets TV guys (uhhhh, some dude named Cohen or something doing PBP and then it's either Ron darling or Keith Hernandez doing color and I swear they sound eerily identical [or at least I can't tell em apart]

When I saw last season's opening series between the Mets @ Royals I couldn't help but be like "WTF?" At the royals having gold logos/#s/lettering (like they were rubbing it into the Mets that they beat em in the 2015 WS) and then game 2 happens and as Syndergaard is warming up b4 B1 they play American woman over the PA....

Man, after Thor absolutely sonned Kendrys Morales on 3 straight ~94mph sliders down and in ("fuck you" pitches if I ever saw any) to get out of a jam Cohen[?] and Darling just kicked back and started letting out the sardonic thoughts on the gold lettering out and I was like "hell yeah I'm with you! Fuck the Roy+Al's!!!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:25 pm 

pizza_Place: Chuck E Cheese
I've had MLB.TV for the last 5 years at least. You get 5 logins so you can solit the cost with 4 other people. I have a jailbroken iphone and ipad so I can watch all the Cubs games.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2017 11:01 pm 

I called my local cable company and they said if I get Extra Innings I only get to watch on the TV. What a bummer! I would think if you're paying $140 for Extra Innings they would throw in mlb.tv.

For those with mlb tv, how do you watch on your tv? Do you put it on xbox or something and stream it? I'm sure there is a slight delay right?

Quote:
Now that the Cubs will be on NBC Sports Live app,

What does that mean? NBC Sports will have mlb this year or the cubs will be on their schedule?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:51 pm 

I use a Roku to stream it. About a two pitch delay.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:52 pm 

HawaiiYou wrote:
btw how is tHom Brenneman doing these days? I thought he was too green when he was the Cubs announcer but I got use to him and he was pretty good at the end. Don't remember why they got rid of him.

ps DeWayne Stats Cubs announcing years just popped into my head for no apparent reason. I think I was the only guy who liked him back then.

No idea about Thom... i'm talking about his dad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:14 pm 

pizza_Place: Wha Happen?
HawaiiYou wrote:
I called my local cable company and they said if I get Extra Innings I only get to watch on the TV. What a bummer! I would think if you're paying $140 for Extra Innings they would throw in mlb.tv.

For those with mlb tv, how do you watch on your tv? Do you put it on xbox or something and stream it? I'm sure there is a slight delay right?

Quote:
Now that the Cubs will be on NBC Sports Live app,

What does that mean? NBC Sports will have mlb this year or the cubs will be on their schedule?

apple tv, ps3, roku.

much like the NBA Ticket, I watch it excursively web-based. Games are in HD that way, whereas with cable that may not be true.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:35 pm 

pizza_Place: Lou Malnati's
Wait. Extra innings isn't in HD? Lame.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:51 pm 

I wish i had DTV. They offer the mLB package in all HD + you get mlb tv subscription. Cost is $172!

Going thru MLB it is only $112 but you have to stream thru an app. That's a steal considering streaming is only like a minute behind live tv feeed.

Anyone of you guys have this yet? I am trying out the free week they have up and the quality thru the app is terrific. My shitty local cable company is previewing it but it's all in SD which looks like shit.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:05 am 

After my first year back to MLB TV since the 2004 Cubs season, I must say it was a great deal.

But watching almost every Cub game this year was really grueling. This was not the same team as last years team which was more fun to watch.

So next year I doubt I will resubscribe even though I really enjoyed the broadcasts and the technology options they added.

Maybe it will be more fun to watch the Cubs on national tv games and see them in doses instead of organizing my life around these games.

If I were to grade this subscription, A+++.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:22 pm 

I was not going to renew for the reasons I posted before but now, I think I will renew, not really to watch the Cubs, but to watch THE YANKEES!